2018 Alaska itinerary; when?

LMaxwell

I know it is a long time off, but when do you think 2018 itineraries will be out for Alaska? I love some of the 2017 8 day trips on Legend but to us that will be a "big trip" that requires more than 1 year of planning and saving. Hopefully they will do the same or similar for 2018 but would like to have an idea when those itineraries will be out.

I know it is a long time off, but when do you think 2018 itineraries will be out for Alaska? I love some of the 2017 8 day trips on Legend but to us that will be a "big trip" that requires more than 1 year of planning and saving. Hopefully they will do the same or similar for 2018 but would like to have an idea when those itineraries will be out.

I don't know, but I'm with you. We would like to plan a 2018 Alaska cruise as well. I'm hoping that the itineraries will be out when we cruise in September, so we can book while on board.

Thanks everyone. I will use 2016/2017 pricing as a general guideline to figure out a total budget and start allocating and saving towards it. At least then when itineraries are ready I will be a good ways along.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm planning on taking my mom on an Alaskan cruise in June 2018 and I'm excited to book ASAP to get the best possible balcony room. It will be the first cruise for both of us :) I'm hoping by summer I can book, but I'm checking almost daily to see if the dates are open yet!

• 1 month later...

I'm also looking at a 2018 Alaska cruise. I really wanted to go with Carnival but NCL and Princess already have their 2018 itineraries out, so I sure hope those of you who predict April are correct, otherwise I will have to consider booking one of the others as I really don't want to wait until Fall to do so :(

I'm also looking at a 2018 Alaska cruise. I really wanted to go with Carnival but NCL and Princess already have their 2018 itineraries out, so I sure hope those of you who predict April are correct, otherwise I will have to consider booking one of the others as I really don't want to wait until Fall to do so :(

Princess for Alaska 2018 isn't out yet . Planned date for 2018 Alaska is around mid April 2016. Only some Australian cruises are out at this time.

I highly doubt they will be out next month.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Princess for Alaska 2018 isn't out yet . Planned date for 2018 Alaska is around mid April 2016. Only some Australian cruises are out at this time.

Oh yeah, I got my 2018 and 2017 cruise plans mixed up. Alaska is 2017, of which Carnival does not have any Vancouver to Vancouver itineraries (which is what I want) but Princess and NCL do.

Edited by jtdlmc

You have a while to wait. The schedule for Alaska 2018 probably will not be available until March/April 2017. I booked my trip for this May shortly after the schedule was released and booked it in early April 2015.

In the meantime, hit up the Alaska port of call forum. I got so much good information for the first trip we took to Alaska in 2011, as well as our upcoming trip.

Edited by DreaminofOz

I know that the Alaska trips in 2017 when I am going only opened up a few months ago. I imagine it will be about another 6-12 months til they are posted, but you would still have over a year to plan and pay at that point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We are in the planning stages of a July/August Alaskan 2018 cruise as well. I am hoping Carnival will be able to include the Glacier Bay port, or we may have to switch cruise lines for this trip.

Old post, but- Carnival- is NOT going to be sailing Glacier Bay in July/August. Permits have been maxed out for years and no new ones are going to be available. So look elsewhere, there are a lot of cruise ships sailing Alaska to consider.

So the consensus is itineraries will be out for 2018 in roughly October 2016?

I wouldn't hold my breath until March 2017. They got itineraries out early this year and that was November of 2015 to go through April 2018. I don't believe they would get them out early 2 years in a row.

• 4 weeks later...
FYI, Carnival released their 2018 Alaska cruises yesterday!

Thanks for the post; will have to check it out. Already booked a 9 day spring 2018 cruise on another line but that can always be changed...