Self Assist and Purchasing Alcohol Question??

munchkin4

We usually purchase alcohol on board but this is the first time we will do the Self Assist Debarkation. I know that they now make you pick up purchased alcohol on that morning. Is the "picking up the alcohol" time early enough that we'll still have time to pack it and do the self assist??? Or will we just need to pick it up on the way and carry it off?? Not having done the self assist, I can't remember what time they have you begin getting off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We just got off the Breeze last week in Miami. I'm sure there's differences among ships/ports, but this is how it worked on the Breeze- alcohol pickup was from 6:30-8am on debarkation morning (or it could've been 830 but we were gone by then). Self assist passengers got off first and they began disembarking around 7:30-7:45 and they were called by deck, starting from the higher to lower. The time self assists get off depends on when they get the all clear from customs to get off the ship. We had an excursion at 8:15 and had no problem picking up our alcohol at 7am, getting it in our bag, and sitting around waiting until it was time to go. We weren't self assist, but we chose to carry our bags off rather than pick them up in the terminal. They were still calling self assist people when we were disembarking at 8:15.

Sidenote: Some dude was complaining at guest services rather loudly and rudely the day before about having to put his bag in the hall the night before because he couldn't get his alcohol until the morning; these people were complaining about not being able to liquids in their carryon...:rolleyes: . Although that doesn't apply to self assist, just keep in mind for anyone sticking their bag in the hall. Of course, you pick up your bags in the port, so it's really NOT a big deal. Even if you put your bag in the hall, you'd have plenty of time to rearrange before getting to the airport if it needed to be moved to a checked bag. I could only see alcohol being an issue for someone wishing to utilize luggage express, where you put it out in the hall and they handle checking it with the airline for you.

Thanks everyone! That was a big help!

Don't know if this also has any relevance for you...with self assist you can leave any time after they announce that you are allowed. If you are not in a rush to leave, you can leave any time that is convenient for you. Of course you have to vacate your cabin by 8:30 and they will eventually chase you off the ship.

have a great cruise

We were on Conquest over thanksgiving and purchased alcohol pickup was awful. My DH stood in line for over an hour and they never found our one checked-in bottle. More details in my review( link to Conquest review in my signature). I hope u have better luck!

Have a great cruise!