Refrigerator?

Atwell

Can anyone tell me if the C class cabins on the Carnival Dream have refrigerators? If so, will they chill canned drinks around 34-38F like a regular refrigerator or just keep them slightly cool?

I do not know what you mean by c class. All cabins have them

Edited by jimbo5544

Both our cabins on the Dream B2B had very cold fridges. We had the room steward empty the fridge the first day. We had it loaded with water, Gatorade (powdered), soda, beer and some left over fruit. I don't think the Elation has fridges.

I do not know what you mean by c class. All cabins have them

I am asking this question for a friend and he told me they had a C class cabin booked on the Carnival Dream. I mentioned that just in case there is different refrigeration equipment provided in different categories of rooms on Carnival. I am not myself familiar with Carnival. On some/most cruise lines they only have the mini-bar with a cooler, not what I would call a real refrigerator. If you empty the mini-bar/cooler, then you can use it for drinks but they don't get real cold. He wants to know the situation with the Carnival Dream. I hope that clarifies the question.

I am asking this question for a friend and he told me they had a C class cabin booked on the Carnival Dream. I mentioned that just in case there is different refrigeration equipment provided in different categories of rooms on Carnival. I am not myself familiar with Carnival. On some/most cruise lines they only have the mini-bar with a cooler, not what I would call a real refrigerator. If you empty the mini-bar/cooler, then you can use it for drinks but they don't get real cold. He wants to know the situation with the Carnival Dream. I hope that clarifies the question.

Carnival has the mini coolers you describe. They keep thongs cool, but we have never found them to be cold, although we have heard that leaving the outside door open helps with the coldness. The room steward can clean it out as you describe. Carnival has adjusted their policy for carryon beverage so I am not sure what they would be keeping cold.....

Carnival has the mini coolers you describe. They keep thongs cool, but we have never found them to be cold, although we have heard that leaving the outside door open helps with the coldness. The room steward can clean it out as you describe. Carnival has adjusted their policy for carryon beverage so I am not sure what they would be keeping cold.....

Leaving the outside wooden open sure helps. Door might look nice but it interferes with the working of frig.

Still wondering what a c class cabin is

Edited by Micah's Grandad

• 1 month later...
Last year our refrigerator on the Dream just kept things cool, but not what I would call cold.

Last month our refrigerator on the Magic was very cold. I was able to put cans of beer in there and they were perfectly chilled.

Does all the rooms on the magic have refrigerators? I have an interior booked for this June and that would be awesome. Ive only been on 2 cruises and neither ship had a refrigerator.

I've been on many cruises on the Dream and other Carnival and Norwegian ships and my mini-fridge has always kept my drinks very cold.

The trick is to load the refrigerator down with your drinks the first day and the next day they will be cold. A fridge with almost nothing in it will not be as cold as it has nothing to store the cold in. Do not put a hot drink in there and expect it to be cold in 30 minutes and if you open the door for a while every few minutes, of course it will take longer to cool.

PS. Yes I am a refrigeration expert technician for the last 38 years.

Not sure about the dream but on the Breeze, there was plenty of space behind the swinging flat screen tv to store all of the items already in the fridge (tiny alcohol bottles, etc) so you can have space for your canned drinks.

Not sure about the dream but on the Breeze, there was plenty of space behind the swinging flat screen tv to store all of the items already in the fridge (tiny alcohol bottles, etc) so you can have space for your canned drinks.

It's a shame Carnival does not bill people for removing products from the mini-bar. Maybe one day.

I've been on many cruises on the Dream and other Carnival and Norwegian ships and my mini-fridge has always kept my drinks very cold.

The trick is to load the refrigerator down with your drinks the first day and the next day they will be cold. A fridge with almost nothing in it will not be as cold as it has nothing to store the cold in. Do not put a hot drink in there and expect it to be cold in 30 minutes and if you open the door for a while every few minutes, of course it will take longer to cool.

PS. Yes I am a refrigeration expert technician for the last 38 years.

Thanks for sharing

Why should they? Room steward just sticks it back in for next guest.

We stash all the drinks on a shelf by the TV. No harm done

You spend $6 for a beer that has been taken out and put back in multiple times and them me know if "no harm done".

It's a mini-bar, not a guest's personal refrigerator.