They really need to do something about RCCL website.

mattR

I went online today to pay my final payment which is due May 2/16. I pressed make a payment button and was very easy to complete the transaction. I went out took a screen shot from my reservation showing a zero balance:) I then went to my e-mail and noticed I had a e-mail from RCCL so opened it and it was a receipt for my payment however it was showing that I still owed $44. My total cruise fare had gone up $44 from what it was showing 10 min earlier. I called RCCL and talked to a rep who said your fare is X so you still owe $44. I was like no my fare was not that amount it was $44 less then that amount. He said he would talk to resolutions. While I was on hold I figured it probably had something to do with the increase in gratuities that they have implemented. So the guy comes back saying sorry for the wait but resolutions is busy right now so I told him I figured it may have something to do with the increased tips. After some time he comes back and says that I had canceled my pre paid tips online today and then re added them that is why I owe $44. I was like no I didn't he said yes someone from my login did I said no I didn't. He said resolutions would adjust it as a one time favor. This is the second time some crazy thing has happend to this booking. A couple months ago my discount was removed so my fare was full price rather then the 30% off sale I had booked. I know $44 isn't much but it just seems like they need to get better control of there website although maybe they don't want to as people that don't pay attention may very well just pay the extra money without noticing.

This kind of snafu was happening much more to folks about a year ago when they would log in to their account and find their cruise re-priced. I guess they don't have all the bugs out yet.

Royal website is now officially the worst IMHO. It was never good, but it used to be at least slightly user friendly... now? Not at all. I'd say Celebrity is second worst. Props to the RCL tech team!

We spent four hours and spoke to five people yesterday in order to get RC to honor the price listed on the website. Be careful - the deals disappear and the prices increase after you agree to the cruise!

I don't understand why you can't look at subcategories of rooms ...how are you supposed to find an E3, as an example, if the site only shows whatever Deluxe stateroom it chooses... E1, E2 or E3. It's odd the site doesn't have all these options. The old site was way better.

I don't understand why you can't look at subcategories of rooms ...how are you supposed to find an E3, as an example, if the site only shows whatever Deluxe stateroom it chooses... E1, E2 or E3. It's odd the site doesn't have all these options. The old site was way better.

But far my biggest frustration. I have to use other websites to get this information.

I went online today to pay my final payment which is due May 2/16. I pressed make a payment button and was very easy to complete the transaction. I went out took a screen shot from my reservation showing a zero balance:) I then went to my e-mail and noticed I had a e-mail from RCCL so opened it and it was a receipt for my payment however it was showing that I still owed $44. My total cruise fare had gone up $44 from what it was showing 10 min earlier. I called RCCL and talked to a rep who said your fare is X so you still owe $44. I was like no my fare was not that amount it was $44 less then that amount. He said he would talk to resolutions. While I was on hold I figured it probably had something to do with the increase in gratuities that they have implemented. So the guy comes back saying sorry for the wait but resolutions is busy right now so I told him I figured it may have something to do with the increased tips. After some time he comes back and says that I had canceled my pre paid tips online today and then re added them that is why I owe $44. I was like no I didn't he said yes someone from my login did I said no I didn't. He said resolutions would adjust it as a one time favor. This is the second time some crazy thing has happend to this booking. A couple months ago my discount was removed so my fare was full price rather then the 30% off sale I had booked. I know $44 isn't much but it just seems like they need to get better control of there website although maybe they don't want to as people that don't pay attention may very well just pay the extra money without noticing.

This is exactly what happened to us.. our booking was repriced at the full fare where it originally had the 30% discount. Luckily I had a screen shot of my reservation showing the correct price. Took close to an hour on the phone to get it resolved and in the end they told me it had changed "because I looked at my reservation under my cruises" ?? They said not to go into the reservation to check anything?? Am I supposed to believe that?? The price changes because you look at it!!! :rolleyes:

I now take screen shots of EVERYTHING pertaining to our booking! Not worth taking a chance !

Edited by hancogran

It worries me that you say this is the new site ... it looks like something from the 1990s.

We've booked our first RC cruise, and my gosh it seems every time we want to do something -- add internet, add excursions -- the website can't handle it. Which then means a call to the agents after the website being unable to apply payment ...

This isn't a great introduction to their brand. If we'd known how wild and crazy their daily changes in prices are, and how horrid the website is, we'd have tried another company.

It's a good thing that RCCL's IT department is not responsible for navigational systems - at least I hope that's the case.

Absolutely. Completely separate physical network for the marine systems.

• 6 months later...
Its like it was designed in the 80's. It is bad. Really bad.

It is hard to believe, but there wasn't a public internet in the 80's. And the cruise lines didn't have websites until well in to the 90's. :D:rolleyes::)

I was told by the C&A desk that in the effort to make it "easier" for the customer they removed the ability to drill down to the category level. Just ridiculous. That being said, you can still go to Expedia and see the rooms down to the category level and accomplish the same thing. Silly to go to a third party site to get this data.

I was told by the C&A desk that in the effort to make it "easier" for the customer they removed the ability to drill down to the category level. Just ridiculous. That being said, you can still go to Expedia and see the rooms down to the category level and accomplish the same thing. Silly to go to a third party site to get this data.

Agree...and RCI could be shooting themselves in the foot when you

wonder over to another site.....might book there instead. ;)