No more DD on Anthem

I've eaten there on Oasis while staying in a JS, I was just saying it's official now. ;)

From the Website Deck Plans on all 3 Oasis ships

Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above as well as Pinnacle members, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste.

And from Anthem

Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for suite guests, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste.

This one is a little vague, but the original dining descriptions on Quantum did say JS were welcome.

Allure has been iffy from what I've read here

On Allure B4B in Jan/Feb/2016 and in a JS & Pinnacle. allowed and encouraged to eat there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedosr View Post

Dear Mr. ----------:

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding Dynamic Dining. We appreciate hearing from you and we welcome the opportunity to address your concerns.

We pride ourselves on always pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating amenities and experiences that exceed the expectations of our guests. We have some exciting plans to enhance the overall dining experience for you and all our guests on Anthem of the Seas and across our entire fleet. These enhancements are being made after careful consideration of our guests’ feedback and desires to have the widest range of flexibility and choice. We will be revealing the details of the program in the first week of May and will be sure to contact you personally to assist you with any questions you might have.

Mr. -----------, thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Nelson Frau

Executive Guest Relations

Executive Office

Exciting Plans, First week of May, ;)

thanks

Guest maddycat
Feedback I have gotten from friends indicated that they did not like it as much as traditional dining. They are avid cruisers and I trust their opinion as accurate.

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. We're avid cruisers with over 30 cruises and we love DD. We really hope that RCI doesn't eliminate it on the Anthem. We enjoyed it on our April 8 cruise. It's so much more interesting than traditional or MTD with the same old boring menus.

Just off Anthem two weeks ago. I loved the DD on Quantum last year, the menu's are now much different on the A...watered down. Not even half of my favorite menu items from the Q were available.

The concept of different dining rooms were very much appealing, now, not so much.

Every little change I noticed, not just dining, from those two different ships turned my WOW into OWW.

By-Bye RC. Time to explore. Onward and upward.

I need to vent:

:mad::mad::mad:

Our last family cruise was on NCL'S Breakaway. We were blown away with the different venues every night and anytime we wanted. It was amazing. On our Anthem cruise in October, is another family cruise and we were all so excited that RCCL was doing the same. NOW, with all of the whiners and complainers it's GONE. Barely even had a chance. NCL has been doing this for YEARS AND YEARS and they are great at it. No one even wanted to give RCCL a chance to perfect it. So, to all of the complainers YOU WON.

Ok, that's not completely true. On the Breakaway, the 3 restaurants Savor, Taste, and The Manhattan Room are basically the main dining rooms (the complimentary ones). They have the same fleet-wide menus in all 3 restaurants. Basically they're ALL My Time Dining, there is no set dining.

They just have a lot of specialty restaurants. The nice thing with NCL is they've been running their specials to have an option of free specialty restaurants (or beverage, obc, wifi), so if you picked that you had all the restaurants to choose from.

I will say, NCL does do that concept very well in general.

I will say, that on my 22 days on Anthem this winter, the Solarium Bistro was never full. It didn't seem that many people either knew about it or wanted to eat there.

(I am talking about dinner.)

We were there at lunch and had the same impression

The change has been denied by the company.

Doesn't surprise me at all - doesn't mean they are telling the truth either

This has been quite the thread, thanks guys. ;)

I will be very disappointed when they eliminate DD as we know it on Anthem. It was one of the things we liked most about Anthem and, lets face it, RCI's fleet dining program is stale. Maybe new cruisers wouldn't feel that way, but it's an issue for us as many time repeaters.

Here's my take on what will happen,

DD will be eliminated on Q class ships BUT the current menus on Anthem will be rolled out across the fleet.

We've already heard from lots of different people that new menus are on the way, why not just use the ones from Anthem. I believe that there are already 2 menus for each restaurant which gives you 8 menus. The 2 menus from the Grande will be the 2 two formal night menus.

I am on the April 30 sailing. Although I prefer old-fashioned traditional dining, I am kind of sad to hear this news, especially being the first sailing to transition over because it's sure to not go so smoothly.

Hi Donna

I'm on April 30 also. They already emailed me my table number and dining rotation lol I agree if we are the first sailing of this it's going to probably be a disaster :rolleyes: and we are bringing friends along who haven't cruised in over 30 years. Hopefully this won't so bad.

I wonder what time traditional will be then...5:30 or 6, since right now DD Classic is 5:30 even though my reservation says 6. :eek:

This may sound strange, but the experience on board is what keeps us coming back. If the on board experience was the WCCF that the shoreside folks keep having, we would have stopped cruising with them long ago.

We love RCCL and know there has to be a good explanation if they are making changes. We are on the 5/5 cruise and can't wait no matter what!!

If they do eliminate DD (which I cannot keep track of), I agree that there is more to the story than complaining.

Agreed!

I don't think they would make such a drastic change because of complainers. It either didn't work logistically, or financially.
If they do eliminate DD (which I cannot keep track of), I agree that there is more to the story than complaining.

I thought Patty said that the officers specifically told her it was due to all the complaints. (I don't feel like going back through that thread)

I thought Patty said that the officers specifically told her it was due to all the complaints. (I don't feel like going back through that thread)

I believe that Patti was told that, and the officers may even believe it, but this company is so laser focused on the bottom line lately, I have to believe there's a significant financial aspect involved, assuming of course that DD does in fact go away.

Ok, that's not completely true. On the Breakaway, the 3 restaurants Savor, Taste, and The Manhattan Room are basically the main dining rooms (the complimentary ones). They have the same fleet-wide menus in all 3 restaurants. Basically they're ALL My Time Dining, there is no set dining.

They just have a lot of specialty restaurants. The nice thing with NCL is they've been running their specials to have an option of free specialty restaurants (or beverage, obc, wifi), so if you picked that you had all the restaurants to choose from.

I will say, NCL does do that concept very well in general.

Ummm. What did I say, that you didn't or what did I say that was not true:confused::confused::confused::confused: I stated we loved the different venues every night and anytime we wanted. Oh, and you forgot O'Sheenans. (sp?)

Edited by champagne123
ddddd

Hi Donna

I'm on April 30 also. They already emailed me my table number and dining rotation lol I agree if we are the first sailing of this it's going to probably be a disaster :rolleyes: and we are bringing friends along who haven't cruised in over 30 years. Hopefully this won't so bad.

I wonder what time traditional will be then...5:30 or 6, since right now DD Classic is 5:30 even though my reservation says 6. :eek:

It was 5:30 on our March Anthem cruise, but on our cruise planner, it gave a range: 5:30-6:00pm. We showed up some time within that range (since we were a table for 2 and didn't have tablemates to consider). We liked the rotational dining concept!

Hi Donna

How did you get them to email you your table number and rotation schedule?

I emailed to request a table size/location for my 5/14 sailing, and the response I got was she would forward it to the ship.

I'm on the April 30, 2016 sailing of Anthem. Spoke to RC last night (04/27/16) on the phone and they indicated DD was still in place for the April 30th sailing and they aren't aware of any changes to remove it.

Cruising Power has changed the news item posted yesterday, and now it's a description of Dynamic Dining as we currently know it:

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF DINING AT SEA

Dynamic Dining has ushered in a new way to dine at sea, replacing the main dining room with 18 stand-alone dining venues, each offering a diverse and delicious menu that will surprise and delight our guests.

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/rci/news.php

Yes, this is the news release that started this thread. On another thread there is a news release refuting this. Hopefully those on the April 30th cruise will figure out where reality is. Or if not that one, I will be on the Anthem May 5th and will know what is happening then. Not the future, though!

Reminds me of that old saying "doesn't matter what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner" Now it's "Don't care what you call it, just let me eat dinner" However, I might have gone with MTD if there wasn't going to be DD Classic.

What I mean is, they've removed the original release that started this thread, and in the same spot in the blog is a different release, that merely describes the current DD program and doesn't mention any plans to change it. Cruising Power appears to have retracted the original item.

Edited by acrane

What I mean is, they've removed the original release that started this thread, and in the same spot in the blog is a different release, that merely describes the current DD program and doesn't mention any plans to change it. Cruising Power appears to have retracted the original item.

Thank you for sharing that they have pulled the original paragraphs.

As I said before someone, somewhere sat down and composed those bullet points, someone somewhere came up with the wording about the proposed changes to SB, and someone somewhere came up with the date of 4/30.

And someone somewhere fed this info to the team who manage the CP website in the UK and told them to update it...along with the other info about the football etc.

I still suspect that something is afoot. Time will tell.