Dining changes for Anthem of the Seas?

Can anyone explain to me if there have been changes to Classic dining on the Anthem of the Seas? And even though I have called my TA and RCL to get moved to early dining they can't do it as "dining changes are closed "

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There have been planned changes reported from folks onboard Anthem now, but nothing official from the cruise line. It sounded like they were going to change to the standard traditional/MTD arrangement sometime around the beginning of May.

We've been assured (after calling RCI) that nothing is changing before our May 5th cruise on Anthem. Of course, we've been assured of things in the past. It isn't unusual for the telephone people at RCI to not really have all of the scoop. We're hoping for the DD experience because we really want to try it. We also have made lots of reservations and plans. It would be sad if they just made us eat in one of the venues every night rather than getting to try them all.

Tom

The closest estimates seem to indicate a May 14 cruise roll-out.

I'm going on Anthem in November. I have dynamic dining classic. The website is allowing me to book all my dining reservations at this time. I'm guessing I should wait before booking anything. I know I don't need to book anything as the way I understand it the dd classic just rotates restaurants. From what I've heard they're converting some of the restaurants into a traditional MDR - is this right? I'm really confused with this whole thing. But really looking forward to finally going on Anthem!

There have been planned changes reported from folks onboard Anthem now, but nothing official from the cruise line. It sounded like they were going to change to the standard traditional/MTD arrangement sometime around the beginning of May.

Are you saying that of the 4 complementary restaurants 2 will be traditional assigned time & the other 2 MTD. I guess depending on the split between trad. & mtd sign-ups, on some cruises it can be 2.5 to 1.5 ratio or some other semblance. On the 3/26 Oasis cruise, traditional was assigned to the Grande & Silk, while American Icon Grille entertained mtd guests. However, we dined in Grande and some tables around us were being used for mtd overflow.

We have reservations for Anthem 8/29/16 sail and was hoping to experience

DD Classic.

Are you saying that of the 4 complementary restaurants 2 will be traditional assigned time & the other 2 MTD. I guess depending on the split between trad. & mtd sign-ups, on some cruises it can be 2.5 to 1.5 ratio or some other semblance. On the 3/26 Oasis cruise, traditional was assigned to the Grande & Silk, while American Icon Grille entertained mtd guests. However, we dined in Grande and some tables around us were being used for mtd overflow.

We have reservations for Anthem 8/29/16 sail and was hoping to experience

DD Classic.

I'm not sure of the details yet with regard to the split, but I think it was two restaurants for MTD and two for traditional. I suspect they are still hashing out details, which may be why we have not heard anything official yet.

Posted on FB on Wednesday, from someone on the Galley Tour with the Executive Chef:

"Chic & Grande will be used for traditional dining. American Icon & Silk will be used for MTD. Solarium Bistro will be used for Pinnacle & Suite guests

Implementation will be in around 6 weeks."

Not liking the May 14th date at all! I definitely don't want to be on the first sailing of the change, but if it does happen to be my sailing, I will definitely be updating all of you wonderful CCers about the weekly happenings regarding what I'm sure will be a fiasco. I hope I'm wrong.

Posted on FB on Wednesday, from someone on the Galley Tour with the Executive Chef:

"Chic & Grande will be used for traditional dining. American Icon & Silk will be used for MTD. Solarium Bistro will be used for Pinnacle & Suite guests

Implementation will be in around 6 weeks."

What happened to Coastal Kitchen? I've been looking forward to finally getting to eat there!

Not liking the May 14th date at all! I definitely don't want to be on the first sailing of the change, but if it does happen to be my sailing, I will definitely be updating all of you wonderful CCers about the weekly happenings regarding what I'm sure will be a fiasco. I hope I'm wrong.

We will be on the Anthem a couple of weeks after you. Appreciate any information you provide while on your cruise

Good news after calling RCL today, we were able to get the Classic 1 dining at 6:00pm after being told for months that is was close and no waitlist. Now Classic 2 is closed and according to agent I talked to there are no official changes of Dynamic dining.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good news after calling RCL today, we were able to get the Classic 1 dining at 6:00pm after being told for months that is was close and no waitlist. Now Classic 2 is closed and according to agent I talked to there are no official changes of Dynamic dining.

So typical.

Hi. I have never cruised before and just saw this thread. I am on June 16 departure with dynamic dining, 9 nights, and have all of my restaurants booked. Is there something I need to change? Sorry if it is a stupid question, but I have never done this before. Thanks for any advice!! :)

Hi. I have never cruised before and just saw this thread. I am on June 16 departure with dynamic dining, 9 nights, and have all of my restaurants booked. Is there something I need to change? Sorry if it is a stupid question, but I have never done this before. Thanks for any advice!! :)

Nothing to do until the cruise line makes some sort of announcement. Might be a week, two weeks, three weeks ...

Edited by clarea

when my husband and I cruised on the Anthem on the first cruise out of NY in November, we had signed up for DD Classic 1 which was offered after we had started to make our dining reservations. This was good, but even with that RCCL made changes to our show reservations (actually making reservations for two different shows on the same day at the same time). Having said that, they make changes that you can't or don't anticipate and then you have to fix it. Did not really care for the Anthem at all. Our next cruise in October is on the Grandeur.

Our May 14th for Anthem says we have an 8:30PM dinner time.

On May14 as well and so far, "officially" nothing for me as changed. I still have Classic 1 at 6:00, according to cruise planner website.

I don't trust it 100% and expect an announcement sometime around month-end.

Hi, I think if they keep DD utilizing all 4 main DR's, everyone could choose their own time, venue to dine and have the best of all....

This is just MY opinion. No flaming..thanks!

I think you are describing how DD was implemented originally. I agree, that if the problem they are having is due to having to coexist with DD Classic, why not just go back to DD original? That's why I think there is more to the story.

I think you are describing how DD was implemented originally. I agree, that if the problem they are having is due to having to coexist with DD Classic, why not just go back to DD original? That's why I think there is more to the story.

I agree.

Makes me think there is some sort of money or staffing issue.