Room delivery of beer

cabinluvn

Wondering if you order a bucket of beer to be delivered to your cabin...does it come with all bottles opened? Can you order two buckets at a time so you can put some in your fridge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Currently on the Oosterdam and will pose your question to the Bar Staff.

I cannot imagine any reason you cannot order two buckets of beer, ask they not be opened and should be able to put them in the cooler in your cabin. How would they know if you have friends in that are going to join you in your cabin for a beer. Keep in mind those coolers are not like a cold refrigerator and if you like really cold beer, you might want to get a bucket of ice to chill it when you are ready to drink it.

Be sure to throw a bottle opener in your suitcase. :)

Edited by sail7seas

I always pre-order a 6 pack before cruises and when I arrive in the cabin they are un-opened, in a bucket of ice nice and cold. When I am done with them I just order up another 6 pack. When we hosted a party in our suite I ordered 3 sixpacks, of different beers and they were brought in in ice buckets as well.

I suppose if you preorder for your cabin for embarkation they are charged the Florida sales tax. No big deal...just wondering

You can request 'delivery at sea'; it is usually in your cabin when you board.

And how much would the tax be compared to the price of the cruise? ;)

If you order beer to your room and you are in a room with no mini bar do you still get the 50% discount as a four star mariner?

On the Vista and Signature Class ships, all rooms have a minibar.

With my infrared thermometer, I measured 47 degrees in my minibar this morning.

but what if there is NO minibar? anyone know?

Are you on an S or R class ship where the inside and ocean view cabins do not have a refrigerator (cooler)? Then you have to keep asking your cabin steward to refill the ice bucket to keep your beer chilled.

Cabins that have mini refrigerators are:

S and R cabins that have balconies and verandahs. ALL cabins on the Vista and Signature class ships have mini refrigerators no matter what the category is.

Wondering if you order a bucket of beer to be delivered to your cabin...does it come with all bottles opened? Can you order two buckets at a time so you can put some in your fridge?

The bottles will not be opened. Take your own opener.

You can order as many buckets of beer as you want.

ALL cabins on the Vista and Signature class ships have mini refrigerators no matter what the category is.

I'm confused and perhaps you can help me. I see the terms refrigerator and cooler used - what exactly is in the cabin on a Vista class ship? In my mind, the temperature of a cooler would be warmer than a refrigerator (that looks strange in print!).

Thanks

:D

I'm confused and perhaps you can help me. I see the terms refrigerator and cooler used - what exactly is in the cabin on a Vista class ship? In my mind, the temperature of a cooler would be warmer than a refrigerator (that looks strange in print!).

Thanks

It's a cooler, not a refrigerator - no freezer compartment, temp is a bit warmer but still quite cool.

I'm confused and perhaps you can help me. I see the terms refrigerator and cooler used - what exactly is in the cabin on a Vista class ship?
It's a thermoelectric cooler that doesn't use a refrigerant compression/expansion cycle. It will chill things to about 25 degrees below whatever you have room temperature set to.

It's a thermoelectric cooler that doesn't use a refrigerant compression/expansion cycle. It will chill things to about 25 degrees below whatever you have room temperature set to.

Indeed. The stuff that is in there will be quite cool. If you put something in there at room temperature it will take a LONG time to become cold. I have never had an issue with the Stewards keeping the ice bucket full, so I prefer that to messing with putting stuff in the mini-bar cooler.

S and R cabins that have balconies and verandahs. ALL cabins on the Vista and Signature class ships have mini refrigerators no matter what the category is.

You neglected to mention the Prinsendam, which is also a HAL ship.

The Prinsendam also has a cooler in every cabin.

I just went on HA website to order a bucket of beer that we could have in our cabin during sail away. It does not give me an option for at sea during the day of embarkation, so I assume that if I check the Ft Lauderdale option I pay local sales tax. I saw on here some people had an option for the at sea on day of departure. No a big deal...just wondering

yes, we did pay a sales tax and the beer was not iced when we arrived to our cabin. We did find that we could bring a few loose beers on board after visiting ports. The happy hour was buy a beer, second one for a dollar.

Edited by wntgoislnds

Are you on an S or R class ship where the inside and ocean view cabins do not have a refrigerator (cooler)? Then you have to keep asking your cabin steward to refill the ice bucket to keep your beer chilled.

If you are in a cabin that does not have a cooler, you can rent one for $2/day. You would be wise to arrange it in advance of boarding as they do not have that many. Keep in mind, there are not that many electrical outlets in the cabins and plugging in a cooler, will make one less you can use.

Call Ship's Services 800-541-1576

Thanks

Refrigerators usually cool in the range of about 34 F (give or take) and the coolers are more like 48F.

It is fine for the sort of things you normally find in a hotel mini bar but I wouldn't store milk in it for more than a few hours.

Edited by sail7seas

I just went on HA website to order a bucket of beer that we could have in our cabin during sail away. It does not give me an option for at sea during the day of embarkation, so I assume that if I check the Ft Lauderdale option I pay local sales tax. I saw on here some people had an option for the at sea on day of departure. No a big deal...just wondering

We splurged for an aft wrap around suite, so really want to have the beer on sale away, so Florida will get their sales tax. Won't break the bank...lol.

Seeing several references to the sales tax, I suspect it is annoying you.

Call Ship's Services (I provided the number above) and see if they can pre-order your beer for you,, have it marked as deliver at sea and the best chance is it will be in your cabin when you arrive. However, you most likely would not be charged the tax seeing you requested it at sea.

The worst that happens is:

(a) they charge you the tax

(b) they don't deliver it prior to sailaway and you can go to a bar and get your own bucket of beer to enjoy for sailaway.

Either way, both are easy to deal with.

Edited by sail7seas