Hotels in Seattle

ShadyOaksCruiser

We are booked on HAL Maasdam on r/t 14 day Alaska cruise departing Seattle September 12, 2016, and plan to fly to Seattle the day before. Any thoughts/recommendations on Seattle hotels convenient to the cruise terminal to stay evening of Sept. 11th?

There's no hotels by pier 91. the space needle hotels are about 3 miles

We are sailing out of Seattle in May. Doing research I find that almost none of the hotels have shuttles. There are shuttles to the downtown hotels and from th downtown hotels to the pier. You can buy the package for round trips. We waited until we found a great deal for the downtown Hilton. Close to Pikes Market and a snort(1/2 mile) walk to the space needle. We are coming in the day before we sail and staying for a day we get off the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are sailing out of Seattle in May. Doing research I find that almost none of the hotels have shuttles. There are shuttles to the downtown hotels and from th downtown hotels to the pier. You can buy the package for round trips. We waited until we found a great deal for the downtown Hilton. Close to Pikes Market and a snort(1/2 mile) walk to the space needle. We are coming in the day before we sail and staying for a day we get off the ship.

A lot of the hotels downtown and by the space needle have a shuttle for a fee. Call the hotel ahead and check with them. We just take a cab its about 20.00 from the Marriott water front

I've stayed at the Hilton downtown, as well as at the Hilton Airport. Both hotels were fine, and I would recommend either of them.

I find that after flying west all day I'm too tired to do much of anything, so am happier just going to the airport hotel, checking in, having supper, checking e-mail (the Airport Hilton has free computers in the lobby), then going to bed early. It's a short free shuttle ride from the airport to the Hilton Airport property.

The concierge has arranged a Town Car for a morning transfer, and the charge is reasonable.

I've stayed at the Hilton downtown, as well as at the Hilton Airport. Both hotels were fine, and I would recommend either of them.

I find that after flying west all day I'm too tired to do much of anything, so am happier just going to the airport hotel, checking in, having supper, checking e-mail (the Airport Hilton has free computers in the lobby), then going to bed early. It's a short free shuttle ride from the airport to the Hilton Airport property.

The concierge has arranged a Town Car for a morning transfer, and the charge is reasonable.

We have been doing something very similar. and it really takes the tension out of travel. Actually, they ran out of town cars and sent us a stretch limo! First and only time we have ever been in one.:D

We are booked on HAL Maasdam on r/t 14 day Alaska cruise departing Seattle September 12, 2016, and plan to fly to Seattle the day before. Any thoughts/recommendations on Seattle hotels convenient to the cruise terminal to stay evening of Sept. 11th?

I don't know if you've been to Seattle before. I think it's a great city to explore, so if you have a few hours choose a hotel you can use as a base. Someone from Seattle can give you guidance on this. If you are going to walk around, be prepared for hills.

Edited by PatsyAnne

I was not aware that booking a Neptune gave you the perk of a hotel. We are driving to ft lauderdale from Wisconsin in January and staying in a Neptune. They would give you the hotel and free parking?

Edited by cabinluvn

I don't know if you've been to Seattle before. I think it's a great city to explore, so if you have a few hours choose a hotel you can use as a base. Someone from Seattle can give you guidance on this. If you are going to walk around, be prepared for hills.

If you know you're just going to want to crash, the airport hotel is a good solution. If your flight gets in early enough and you expect to have a little energy, I definitely recommend staying in the city and doing a little exploring--even if it's just a wander and a nice dinner in a non-hotel restaurant.

We like to spend some time in our departure city to make the vacation longer. We've done this in Seattle twice. Once we stayed at the Doubletree Explorer's Club. Really cool old building (I think it's one of the national trust hotels), with lots of nice touches and great ambiance. It's not too far to walk to Pioneer Square, or even the Market if you're a good walker. The other time we stayed at Inn at the Market and loved the location. You don't have to spend a fortune on a room with a view of the Sound. You can book a city-view room and then go up to the roof terrace for a view.

I was not aware that booking a Neptune gave you the perk of a hotel. We are driving to ft lauderdale from Wisconsin in January and staying in a Neptune. They would give you the hotel and free parking?

Not all departure ports offer the complementary hotel night. I believe Seattle and Vancouver routinely do. Just ask.... I call my PCC, but I imagine TA's can ask. I asked for a Rome departure and it was not available. So we will just be going from the airport to Civitavecchia.

Dennis

The hotel add-on depends on if HAL is offering it at the time you book. I have only received it once in 5 Seattle/Vancouver Neptune bookings.

I like the Fairmont Olympic, Marriott Waterfront, and the Grand Hyatt. All are $20 can rides to Pier 91.

The last time we sailed to Alaska from SEA, there were large festivities downtown and we had to stay at the Courtyard in Bellevue. Wow... what a super find. Nice clean hotel, very nice staff and we used a limo service to get to Pier 91. Great restaurants close by. Will stay there next time because of great experience.

We know Seattle very well; one of the country' great cities. Everyone should make a day or more there part of their cruise vacation. We always stay down by Elliott Bay, though one time we did stay at the Four Seasons downtown. Lovely city hotel. However, we much prefer being on the watefront at The Edgewater or Inn at the Market.

The hotel add-on depends on if HAL is offering it at the time you book. I have only received it once in 5 Seattle/Vancouver Neptune bookings.

I like the Fairmont Olympic, Marriott Waterfront, and the Grand Hyatt. All are $20 can rides to Pier 91.

I really liked the Olympic, a grand old hotel. Especially when they had a great deal with my employer that included personal stays. All in all, I'll take retirement... I can travel more for fun.

When we cruised out of Seattle, on our own, we had previously arranged for a limo service for round trip to the pier and back to the airport. We did not stay in a hotel on this trip. We chose a limo because there were 4 of us and we had a lot of luggage. And the cost of the limo was the same as a taxi fare would have been.

But I don't recommend a limo over a taxi unless you really need it. The reason being, with a taxi, you simply walk to the curb and climb in. With a limo, you need to call them to tell them you are ready, and they have to find you. This results in lost time and some stress.

Going to the airport from the pier was even worse. Again we had to call them, and they had to find us, among thousands of people waiting on the curb. And there were hundreds of black Lincoln limos there, so this wasn't easy.

we usually stay at the Grand Hyatt as we have points for our stay. As for the limo we really liked the availability and comfort and used it 4 times. There was a little delay at our return at the pier as so many were there and they all looked alike-big Lincolns but the driver found us with about a 15 min. wait.

One of the closest hotels to the pier is actually just a couple blocks up from the HAL HQ called the Mediterranean Inn.

I've stayed there numerous times and it's a cute little place. Not a chain property but feels similar to like a Holiday Inn or Best Western. Great prices, near all the bars, restaurants, etc on Mercer. No breakfast but there's a Starbucks in the lobby and a Safeway across the street. Rooms have a fridge and microwave.

To get any closer to the pier, you're likely camping underneath it :eek:

Edited by InTheWASide

I booked a hotel at the downtown Hilton for the day before and the day after. I was planning on using the downtown shuttles to get from the airport to the hotel/hotel to pier/pier to hotel/hotel to airport. There will be three adults and one child that rides for free, as I understand it. Does this sound like it will work or is there a better way to do all the transfers? Not in a Neptune for this cruise

We know Seattle very well; one of the country' great cities. Everyone should make a day or more there part of their cruise vacation. We always stay down by Elliott Bay, though one time we did stay at the Four Seasons downtown. Lovely city hotel. However, we much prefer being on the watefront at The Edgewater or Inn at the Market.

My late DH considered our trip to Seattle to sail Alaska a very special time and treated us to a stay at Four Seasons. We were four days pre-cruise and two days after and we loved that hotel. It is quite different than other Four Seasons such as in Boston, NYC, Montreal, and other cities but one of our favorites. Great location and incredibly friendly, wonderful staff.

They arranged a car company to take us to the dock and all was very easy.