World Cruise 2017

Tothesunset

I see that the itinerary for the 2017 WC has been confirmed along with pricing. This seems to coincide with RSSC's WC which is 10 days longer and a little cheaper at the equivalent of the Vista grade (and higher grades too, for that matter).

We were seriously interested in a WC in 2017 but are now trying to decide whether Miami return on RSSC might not be the better option.

I know it's a great privilege to be able to consider either but this one might have to be decided by the toss of a coin or an unbeateable discount on SS from our TA.

Decisions, decisions...

If you are up in the air I would consider two items; the itinerary and also the ship.

You will spend a lot of time on the ship so be sure you are happy with it.

Keith

Yes indeed. We know the Whisper well but have never sailed Regent. The itinerary is somewhat less important to us as both include places we have visited previously. In any case, we tend to be sea day lovers so, as you say, how we take to the ship itself is very important and it is that which pushes towards the SS WC.

Another suggestion.

If you have not yet sailed Regent and are interested in a world cruise then I would not only sail Regent but also the ship you are considering. I say this because I know I would not want to be my first cruise on a cruise line/ship being a world cruise because if I didn't enjoy it then we are talking about a lot of time and money.

With that said on the line that I have taken several world cruises on there are always people on the world cruise whose first cruise on that line is the world cruise. I just wouldn't do it that way.

Just my two cents.

Keith

Another suggestion. If you have not yet sailed Regent and are interested in a world cruise then I would not only sail Regent but also the ship you are considering. I say this because I know I would not want to be my first cruise on a cruise line/ship being a world cruise because if I didn't enjoy it then we are talking about a lot of time and money. With that said on the line that I have taken several world cruises on there are always people on the world cruise whose first cruise on that line is the world cruise. I just wouldn't do it that way. Just my two cents. Keith

Excellent thoughts to consider from the super experienced Keith, a veteran of many, many World Cruises. His thoughts are worth much, much more than just two cents!!

From the Daily Mail in London today, they have this headline: "Is this the best cruise in the world? Liner offers around-the-world tour with 62 destinations visited and even your own BUTLER- but it could set you back a whopping £125k".

This story in their travel section is a little "fluffy" from a desired journalism standpoint, but it offers lots of interesting details and potentials with these highlights: "The thought of ticking 62 destinations off your bucketlist might seem daunting and could feel like it would take years to achieve. But what if you were able to visit all these places in one seamless trip - all the while waited on by the services of your own butler? Included in the price are numerous late-night and overnight stays, providing enough time to absorb the exotic locations along the way. Guests will be transported to South Pacific, New Zealand, and Australia. Following this the boat will weave its way to Bali and Sandakan, before heading towards Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Singapore. 'World voyages are all about cultural immersion, new discoveries, and having time to get to know your fellow travellers,' said Lisa McAuley, commercial director, UK and Ireland."

As detailed below, we did a 26-day cruise on the Silver Cloud earlier this year and things worked well for being gone for this long of a period of time. Not sure, however, time-wise and/or financially right now, that we are ready to tackle this long or costly of a cruise. BUT, it does seem interesting and offers many great stops and sights. Still waiting to win the Big Lottery!!

Full story at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3165007/Liner-offers-world-tour-62-destinations-visited-BUTLER-set-whopping-125k.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 25,648 views for these postings.