SIlverseas cloud departing tower bridge london....

asda

hi I'm on a weekend in London and have noticed the silverseas cloud cruise ship departs from tower bridge london Please can anyone tell me more about where you check in for this cruise with your luggage and where you board do they use tender boats ? Very interested to know this has its so busy around that area of London . Thank you.

asda:

In London, the Silver Cloud docks next to HMS Belfast. If our experience two years ago mirrors today's you will go to a pier directly across from the HMS Belfast/Silver Cloud. We headed to an intersection at Lower Thames Street to get to the Cloud. Silversea will have hosts in a tented area (luggage collection) to guide you on a path to the pier where you will be tendered for boarding. Pls see you tube link and the CCs link below (post #44/#45) for a few pictures of the Cloud berthed next to the HMS Belfast:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1879827&highlight=london+tower+bridge&page=3

The Cloud doesn't really "dock". She rafts up with the Belfast. As Wes said, you board a tender on the Tower of London side. Then it is a bit of a climb around the Belfast to get to the Cloud. One of the BEST sail-aways ever. Enjoy.

The Shangri-La Hotel was voted the worst hotel opened in 2014 by Hotel experts(whatever they are) .Overpriced and average was the general gist of the report.DT......I don't think you want to stay there!

57, I hear there are only 4% "other" amongst all you Brits!

Yes, Duct Tape, and we are enjoying meeting them and dined with four 'others' last night. Docking in Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen at the moment. Sun is shining. Kiel canal transit yesterday was wonderful.

Anchored outside Visbey, Sweden, (should have been a port stop) while repairs are made to a "technical problem" with the starboard engine. Passengers being taken ashore and back using tenders.

Hope it can be solved before the difficult run in to Stockholm tomorrow.