Carnival Sunshine- Ropes Course

2paradise

Hi

I have read a lot of posts on CC that say the ropes course is not open very much on the Sunshine due to high winds. Is that true? Is it possible to be able to do the ropes course on the cruise? Or not likely?

Thanks!

Hi

I have read a lot of posts on CC that say the ropes course is not open very much on the Sunshine due to high winds. Is that true? Is it possible to be able to do the ropes course on the cruise? Or not likely?

Thanks!

We went over thanksgiving week last year and the course was closed most days, but we had very rough weather. only the first 2 days were calm then seas were 8-10 with one day being 18-20. very rough.....

The hours are limited anyway so, if it's open, be sure to get in line. I doubt it would be closed the entire cruise, but they do walk the course with a meter and check cross winds at times. Sunshine's is very short compared to the Breeze; they both are a blast for the kids. I never did get on the Sunshine due to the wind closures, but the Breeze's course was amazing and it was never closed on our particular week. It just depends on day to day conditions.

We noticed it open the first day we boarded the ship with no lines! My daughters were able to do it three times that day. Also, we noticed it open on Port day afternoons when we returned to the ship. It was closed a few times due to high winds on some sea days!

when we were on the Breeze it closed quite a few times and it was quite windy on those occasions. It was hit and miss, you would just have to look and if it was open, just go.

I went with my BIL, we are both well into our 60's, and it was fun. You need closed toe shoes.