Steakhouse selections?

moongal

I am waivering between booking a Triumph cruise or a Freedom cruise. I see there is no steakhouse on the Triumph, but will there still be the steakhouse selections available in the MDR menu or is that dining room option only available on ships that actually have a steakhouse.

Taking my teen son who is quite a picky eater, 2 things he will always eat though are steak and hamburgers so was hoping to be able to get a decent steak for him rather than that little flat iron steak they have available on the menu every night. Lol, he'd have to order 2 or 3 of those to get filled up. He's 6'2 and 225 lbs. (not ounce of fat on him, all muscle).

DH and I just sailed on the Sensation and there is no Steakhouse on board. However, I tried the Steakhouse Selections and loved what I had. Surf and turf was a broiled lobster tail and an 8 oz. Filet Mignon - both excellent. The filet was grilled perfectly and came with a delicious sauce. The lobster tail was larger than the one you get on the elegant night and tasted so much better. I would definitely recommend any of the Steakhouse selections at $20 each. There were several kinds of steaks, so I'm sure your son would be happy with any of them.

I am waivering between booking a Triumph cruise or a Freedom cruise. I see there is no steakhouse on the Triumph, but will there still be the steakhouse selections available in the MDR menu or is that dining room option only available on ships that actually have a steakhouse.

Taking my teen son who is quite a picky eater, 2 things he will always eat though are steak and hamburgers so was hoping to be able to get a decent steak for him rather than that little flat iron steak they have available on the menu every night. Lol, he'd have to order 2 or 3 of those to get filled up. He's 6'2 and 225 lbs. (not ounce of fat on him, all muscle).

As noted above, all the Carnival ships have steakhouse selections available in the MDR.

Of special interest to your son, both the Triumph and the Freedom have a Guy's Burger Joint on board. I like them, though I'm sure he's a better judge of quality burgers than I am. Their standard hours are 12-6, though I have seen them experiment with dinner hours (6-9) and eliminating the late lunch hours (2:30-6).

Also of interest to him, the standard MDR menu has a burger on it. I like Guy's better, but again I'm sure he knows quality better than I do. The nice thing about it is you can have all you want, for free, in relatively nice surroundings.