What do you like to do FIRST!

MaiTaiMary

Well, since I have FTTF (Faster To The Fun) thus time, the first thing I'll do is drop all my carry on in my room. Then I'll scope out lunch but may wait a bit to actually eat. DH and I will wander a bit checking out the ship, including figuring out where the muster drill will be. Back to our room and if the luggage us there we'll unpack.

Then we're ready for our cruise!

DOD and lunch. DW loves to unpack and get the room set up ready for our week to come. Like to take lots of photos of the many parts of the ship. I actually look forward to the muster drill (which I know most do not) because at the end they blow the ship's horn and that is the sound I really have been waiting the weeks and months previous for.

Very first though - DOD in hand

(this might change for our upcoming cruise since we will "faster to fun"ing so I will probably be helping DW unpack very first thing)

I go to Lido buffet/salad bar and make myself a big salad and top it with croutons and ranch dressing, then hopefully and usually a drink waiter comes along with a funship special for me to wash it down with:D Next cruise, I have fttf for the first time, and so will first go to cabin, drop off the carryon and proceed to Lido for the same as mentioned above. :)

Using my FTTF, I drop off my stuff in the cabin, go to the interior smoking area, have a smoke, go up to the lido for lunch, go for another smoke, and then go up to the lido deck and watch the ooh and ahs! arrive. Once smoking is allowed on deck I will order an NA pina colada, sit back, and say, whew! I am on vacation! Then I stay in the permanent happy mode for the next 5 days. I let go of what I have to do, and get involved with the want to do!

59 more days! Cant wait!

Great thread by the way!

Edited by marshhawk

What do you like to do as soon as you board your Carnival ship? Tell me about the first couple of hours. :D

I like to start off with a stiff drink to settle my nerves. I'm completely irrational about all of the things that could go wrong leading up to a cruise, and then in 100% relax mode once I'm on the ship.

Oh crap do we have our passports? Of course we do, they were there the last seven times today, why wouldn't they be there now?

What's the traffic look like? This feels slllooooow. .... but the ship doesn't sail for another 7 hours and we're only half an hour away from it.

etc, etc.

What do you like to do as soon as you board your Carnival ship? Tell me about the first couple of hours. :D

... just a note ... this thread has my head going crazy that there are still just under three weeks until I get to hear the ship's horn :eek:

We go to the cabin to drop off all of the "luggage" if we have FTTF, check out the balcony, and then head up to the Lido for lunch, and our first DOD!

We are on VACATION!!!!:D:D

Then after muster, we unpack and get ready for the first nights dinner and at night, check out the ship, etc.

Take my carry on to the cabin. Grab my camera and go to the lido deck. We have a quick lunch and take some photos. Then back to the cabin to unpack and to call the children before putting away the phones. We stay in the room until they announce the muster drill.

After the muster drill we head back up to the lido deck for sail away. After my arm becomes tired from waving at the people on land (yes I am one of those people) we head back inside to explore the ship. I take more photos if possible.

We then have a drink at the Atrium bar (I love the Atrium bars I don't know why) and chat with a few people. By now our stomachs are empty and it's time for dinner.

We go to the cabin to drop off all of the "luggage" if we have FTTF, check out the balcony, and then head up to the Lido for lunch, and our first DOD!

We are on VACATION!!!!:D:D

Then after muster, we unpack and get ready for the first nights dinner and at night, check out the ship, etc.

Hello KPfromCT.

Can you please tell me what is a DOD and a FTTF. Obviously I am new to CCL. Thank you!

Hendrika

We have FTTF this time, so we'll drop off our bags first. Then we'll head up to Lido to have a burger (Guy's this time!) and wait for a drink waiter to walk by so I can get my first DOD. Then I like to explore the ship and unpack until it's time for muster.