Tell me what to not miss on Carnival Freedom?

br7210

• 2 weeks later...

The secret front decks are a nice break to get away from others.

The serenity hot tubs or the hot tub in the workout area.

Fish and Chips area above the buffet dessert section.

Piano Bar

Breakfast or lunch in the dining room is always a nice change.

The game "Quest" for adults only. It's our favorite thing to watch.

• 3 weeks later...

The comedy shows! While the shows aren't long there are many of them. I think on our cruise they had two comedians start the cruise performing an early show (PG) and a late how ® on two separate nights. Then mid-cruise two new comedians got on the ship and did the same thing. That's 16 total shows to choose from. And they were HILARIOUS!

Tell me the must do's on carnival freedom?

I just love the ship in general. As others have said Guy's burgers, blue iguana cantina, fish and chips, and best of all for me was Sea day Brunch! had the huevos rancheros and the salted caramel cheesecake and was delicious. So much more on the menu though.

Also loved the serenity deck, especially on a port day when you either stay on the ship or are back on early, then you can get one of those beds with the canopy over it, or a hammock. or if you like hot tubs they will be not so jammed full.

I loved the comedy shows I saw, so would recommend you catch at least one or maybe two.

I may be in a minority here, but I did enjoy the Playlist productions, especially 88 keys and another one called pop something. I thought I would not like them, but found them quite entertaining. So do catch a show or two.

My cruise on the Freedom was excellent, and probably encountered some of the best staff ever collected on one ship.

I have always thought Carnival staff were very good to excellent but this group were exceptional! have a great cruise.

not sure if you like alcoholic drinks or not, but if so...I highly recommend the specials "cruiser" and "twilight zone", but watch those twilight zones...two of those will put you into the twilight zone lol

Edited by SMSACE6

Is there a sushi bar on freedom?

there used to be one a few years back, but they use that space now for the taste bar.

This is a change that I did not like, as well as removing the tandoor grill from Freedom, but, I do try to adapt. I miss the old sushi bar though, and somehow just have not ever thought to go to the taste bar. It does not have the same draw for me as the sushi did. :(

How do you access the secret decks? Where are they? Found the one on the Valor, but the few workers I asked had no idea what I meant, so I was glad I had some details before our trip from CC.

Go all the way forward on deck 6 and 7, (and 9? too I think), but 6 and 7 for sure, because I was there last November. I had a 4j room which looked out over the "secret" deck. There will be a double door leading out to the deck on both sides. While underway at sea, there was always a sign that said, please do not enter due to high winds. But it was accessible closer to shore and while sailing into ports of call. No chairs out there, but there are a couple of those wooden benches.

Ashby... country guitar player/singer. We tried to catch him daily. Really really talented guy. What a voice - cross between George Strait and Garth Brooks. Really. Our favorite place on the ship was Red Frog Pub.

Comedy Club.. get there at least 30 min before show starts to get a seat.

Playlist Performers... loved the 80s to the Max show.

food... Guys Burgers was my hubby's favorite.

Definitely Guy's. Blue Iguana for the occasional breakfast as well as lunch.

Alchemy Bar.

The hot tub in the gym. (Reached through the locker rooms.) Easily the least crowded hot tub on the entire ship.

Go all the way forward on deck 6 and 7, (and 9? too I think), but 6 and 7 for sure, because I was there last November. I had a 4j room which looked out over the "secret" deck. There will be a double door leading out to the deck on both sides. While underway at sea, there was always a sign that said, please do not enter due to high winds. But it was accessible closer to shore and while sailing into ports of call. No chairs out there, but there are a couple of those wooden benches.

Thank you so much!

Sitting on a balcony in the really hot sun, listening to music on the ipad, drinking some ice cold beers and doing absolutely nothing else. That could be on any ship... But, we've been on the Freedom 4 times now and it's one of our favorites.

Sitting on a balcony in the really hot sun, listening to music on the ipad, drinking some ice cold beers and doing absolutely nothing else. That could be on any ship... But, we've been on the Freedom 4 times now and it's one of our favorites.

That really, really....sounds good at the moment.

• 1 month later...