Spirit class obstructed view balcony

beloum

Am looking at booking a cruise on Pride and was interested in the obstructed view balcony cabin. Is it better to get a cabin between 2 lifeboats, or in the center of a lifeboat? I was thinking of getting a room between the lifeboats, but looks like there is some king of support thingy between them(lifeboats). Any thoughts?

We had the obstructed view cabin for our Alaskan Cruise and it was also the one with that you could see through the two life boats. While yes you can see the though them but the line of sight is so limiting it really didn't do much for us. I did like the fact that we could open the door and get some fresh air in. Hope this helps

Am looking at booking a cruise on Pride and was interested in the obstructed view balcony cabin. Is it better to get a cabin between 2 lifeboats, or in the center of a lifeboat? I was thinking of getting a room between the lifeboats, but looks like there is some king of support thingy between them(lifeboats). Any thoughts?

If you are looking at the balcony cabins on Deck 5, then getting one between the lifeboats is adventageous. The supports are actually on the upper part of Deck 3 and lower part of Deck 4, and the 'arms' are close to Deck 5, but should be OK.

What specific cabin(s) are you looking at ? We have had 4140 a couple of times, and it is the 4K (Interior with French Doors) that has one of the better views between the lifeboats. Note, that the first 3 lifeboats on both sides are "taller" than the others, hence a more obstructed view on Deck 5 balconies. I would look at cabins behind 5166/5167.

We are on Pride in March 2016 in another 4K...can't beat them for the price, as we don't sit out on a balcony, so it's a waste of $ for us.

Unless you really want to go out on your balcony and look down in to the water, an obstructed balcony is the same otherwise. You can look out to the water and horizon and have the same view. You have the benefit of a balcony and a lower price. Yes, you see the lifeboats but the view beyond them is the same.

I have been on a balcony with obstructed views and taken pictures of sunrises, sunsets and the horizon and you would never know they were taken on a balcony with lifeboats. The top of the lifeboats are parallel with the deck of your balcony so do not obstruct your view when looking out.

I was in 5232 on the Spirit, and as others have said, the top of the lifeboats sit flush with the deck. Just make sure to get a cabin in back of the first 3 lifeboats, which are also the tenders, as they sit higher.

Also, several people get confused between 4K (deck 4-obstructed view) and 7A (deck 5-obstructed balcony view), so just want to be sure we are talking apples-apples here.

Debbie

If you are looking at the balcony cabins on Deck 5, then getting one between the lifeboats is adventageous. The supports are actually on the upper part of Deck 3 and lower part of Deck 4, and the 'arms' are close to Deck 5, but should be OK.

What specific cabin(s) are you looking at ? We have had 4140 a couple of times, and it is the 4K (Interior with French Doors) that has one of the better views between the lifeboats. Note, that the first 3 lifeboats on both sides are "taller" than the others, hence a more obstructed view on Deck 5 balconies. I would look at cabins behind 5166/5167.

We are on Pride in March 2016 in another 4K...can't beat them for the price, as we don't sit out on a balcony, so it's a waste of $ for us.

Cabin 5168. We were interested in this one because it is an adjoining cabin and we are traveling with good friends. Looks like from deck plan, it is just after the 1st 3 lifeboats.

Cabin 5168. We were interested in this one because it is an adjoining cabin and we are traveling with good friends. Looks like from deck plan, it is just after the 1st 3 lifeboats.

I see 2 problems with 5168. If you want 5168 because it is an adjoining cabin, then your friends would book 5166? 5166 has the high lifeboat in front of it so your friends' balcony would really be obstructed and would have little to no view.

Also, 5168 is right next to the high lifeboat so the view to the right on your balcony would be obstructed.

When cruising with friends, the ideal is to book 2 balconies next to each other that open up. That way, you can visit on your balconies and have an extra long balcony to share.

We are booked on the Pride in Feb. I booked cabin 5236 it's. 7A obstructed balcony. If you check it out on the deck plans it's longer then the other ones. So is one on the other side.

Our favorite 7A :):D

We have had it on both the Spirit and Legend and love it.

We are booked on the Pride in Feb. I booked cabin 5236 it's. 7A obstructed balcony. If you check it out on the deck plans it's longer then the other ones. So is one on the other side.

We had this on the Pride ... Great cabin and balcony!

Does anyone know what cabin 7165 on the spirit is like? :)

You can see pictures of various cabins on: cruise line rooms dot com (no spaces). Check all Spirit class ships (Spirit, Legend, Pride, and Miracle).

We live this class of ship and Miracle is our favourite !

cabin 5185, view standing at rail looking out both directions and then looking down through glass. I hope that helps someone. And I hope the pictures come up this time! LOL

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004_1.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

And sorry for how blue the last picture is, they were taken at different times during the week and I think I still had a filter setting on my camera from whatever we had just been doing.

Edited by BigRed93

I see 2 problems with 5168. If you want 5168 because it is an adjoining cabin, then your friends would book 5166? 5166 has the high lifeboat in front of it so your friends' balcony would really be obstructed and would have little to no view.

Also, 5168 is right next to the high lifeboat so the view to the right on your balcony would be obstructed.

When cruising with friends, the ideal is to book 2 balconies next to each other that open up. That way, you can visit on your balconies and have an extra long balcony to share.

We sailed on the sister ship Miracle with friends. We had 5167 and 5169 which are starboard instead of port. These pictures should give you an idea of what to expect.

set-72157651375100421

Edited by DareTooDream

I'll try this again ...

the first is 5167 looking out - note the divider blocks part of the view when opened. The third picture shows the balconies with divider open. The last one is looking straight out from the balcony of 5169.

Hope these help a little.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

the first is 5167 looking out - note the divider blocks part of the view when opened. The third picture shows the balconies with divider open. The last one is looking straight out from the balcony of 5169.

So what others have reported about connecting cabins is not always true? You had connecting cabins and the balconies were opened also.

Others had posted in some threads that if you have connecting cabins, then the balcony dividers cannot be opened.

The spirit class are different because the dividers swing to the rail and need a special clamp to hold them. Most can be opened, but there are only a limited number of clamps. On all other types of ships the divider is hinged against the wall, not the rail, so to open a divider could block access through the door.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So what others have reported about connecting cabins is not always true? You had connecting cabins and the balconies were opened also.

Others had posted in some threads that if you have connecting cabins, then the balcony dividers cannot be opened.

We've also had extended afts on the Miracle twice and have not been allowed to open the divider. They said something about it hindering the structural stability or something like that. However, on the Spirit (before she went down under) we had an aft and the divider was opened.........

• 4 months later...

We are looking at a cruise on Carnival Spirit in September, one of the options is for a guaranteed balcony. We have always chosen our cabin before, but thought this may be a good saving, about a$1000 cheaper each than selecting a cabin. That was until I watched a YouTube cabin tour, on Spirit I appreciated we may have been allocated a restricted view but the video tour showed a cabin that looked to have the view totally, not partially, obliterated by a life boat. I have spoken to Carnival and the rep assured me all cabins have some view. Has anyone had any information regarding these cabins please?

That was until I watched a YouTube cabin tour, on Spirit I appreciated we may have been allocated a restricted view but the video tour showed a cabin that looked to have the view totally, not partially, obliterated by a life boat.

Are you sure the video showed a balcony cabin? It sounds more like a 4K (Interior w/ french doors). None of the balconies have a fully obstructed view.

Are you sure the video showed a balcony cabin? It sounds more like a 4K (Interior w/ french doors). None of the balconies have a fully obstructed view.

Thank you for your very quick reply. This was supposed to be a travel agent tour, which I assumed would give an accurate description of the cabins! I have just had another look at the video and although the cabin is described as a balcony when I have checked the number it is as you have mentioned, a category 4K. So all good now and we are ready to book. Thanks again.

Just returned yesterday from the Pride.

We had 5146 and 5148.

Both 7a obstructed.

We never had balcony cabins before so for us just being able to go out there was nice

You can't sit on the chairs and see over the lifeboats tho. It was fine for us we just liked being out there mainly before dinner

Just returned yesterday from the Pride.

We had 5146 and 5148.

Both 7a obstructed.

We never had balcony cabins before so for us just being able to go out there was nice

You can't sit on the chairs and see over the lifeboats tho. It was fine for us we just liked being out there mainly before dinner

The first 3 lifeboats are higher. The other ones you can sit and see over lifeboats as the tops are even with the floor. We have always had cabin #'s 5174, 5176 and 5178. Never had any problems with seeing over lifeboats. Looking straight down, no, unless you are between the boats.

Edited by retiredgram