Where to put luggage in Copenhagen

So my daughter and I are going on a cruise on Aug 28th out of Copenhagen. We will be arriving in Copenhagen very early in the morning and not sailing until late afternoon. We would like to explore Copenhagen for a few hours before boarding the ship.

Norwegian has no ability to store our luggage before boarding. Any ideas on where we can safely store our luggage? Thanks so much! :)

Can we pay with a credit card?

At least in October when I was in Copenhagen you were able to pay with a card. For most of the lockers you just pay at machines. Actually I am not sure whether cash payment was even possible.

I just used the storage at Copenhagen Central Station in early July. Cash and credit are both accepted. For lockers the credit card readers were not operating for most of them; cash was necessary (coins are better, I'm not sure how much change the machine would give). For the manned storage, you could pay with cash or card. Of note, when I went to get my luggage (about 1400) there was a long line (maybe a 15 min wait) at the manned storage so I was glad I had put my bags in a locker and didn't have to wait.