Credit Card Ok for Metro/Copenhagen Pass

uc828

Hi Everyone,

Can someone enlighten me as to whether the ticket machines for metro accepts our US credit cards with chip but no pin? Or does it accept cash only? Is there a ticket agent that we can buy the metro ticket from? I plan to take the metro from the aiport to Avenue Hotel in Frederiksberg. Where to we get the Copenhagen pass and can we use our credit card as well or cash only?

Thanks!

We were in Copenhagen a couple of weeks ago and used our CC which has a chip to buy Metro tickets from the airport to the city. The machine accepted our credit card and did not require a PIN to complete the transaction. In fact, that's what we found all throught the Baltic countries when we used our CC.

Hi Everyone,

Can someone enlighten me as to whether the ticket machines for metro accepts our US credit cards with chip but no pin? Or does it accept cash only? Is there a ticket agent that we can buy the metro ticket from? I plan to take the metro from the aiport to Avenue Hotel in Frederiksberg. Where to we get the Copenhagen pass and can we use our credit card as well or cash only?

Thanks!

We found the most convenient place to buy the Copenhagen Card was at the airport. There is a tourist info booth on your left as you exit the baggage claim area. We never saw a line there and they accept credit cards with or without chip.

We found the most convenient place to buy the Copenhagen Card was at the airport. There is a tourist info booth on your left as you exit the baggage claim area. We never saw a line there and they accept credit cards with or without chip.

I assume we can get the 24 hour pass as well? Thanks for your reply.

It's hard to break even on the 24-hour card.

This is the 24 hours metro/bus card not the one with the museum entrances. Is Copenhagen walkable everywhere? Is that why you said it's hard to break even.

I was looking at the 24 hour Copenhagen Card and the 24 hour City pass. The City pass is just transportation and looked like the best option. I figured no way would I be able to go to enough attractions in 24 hours to make the Copenhagen Card worth it.

Does anyone know if we can buy the Transportation City pass from the same place in the airport? Or do we buy it from the metro/train area?