Normal PVP behavior?

Taylors

3 years ago we went on a cruise. At that time we must have been assigned a PVP. after the cruise any time I would look at sales or price out a sailing she would call (usually within 12 hours) after asking her politely several times to stop calling me I changed my email and phone number on my account.

Fast forward to now, we've put a room on hold while we finalize coordination with the rest in our party. Well, she called me today. Told me who she was, asked how she could help. I told her we were set and didn't need anything. She then tells me that she is taking over my reservation and the reservation of my parents (I put a room on hold for them too) and asked me if I could tell them she took over their reservation too.

Apparently she called both my parents, my husband and then finally me. I'm totally annoyed by her stockerish behavior and am wondering if this is typical of a PVP and how I can remove myself from their lists?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

3 years ago we went on a cruise. At that time we must have been assigned a PVP. after the cruise any time I would look at sales or price out a sailing she would call (usually within 12 hours) after asking her politely several times to stop calling me I changed my email and phone number on my account.

Fast forward to now, we've put a room on hold while we finalize coordination with the rest in our party. Well, she called me today. Told me who she was, asked how she could help. I told her we were set and didn't need anything. She then tells me that she is taking over my reservation and the reservation of my parents (I put a room on hold for them too) and asked me if I could tell them she took over their reservation too.

Apparently she called both my parents, my husband and then finally me. I'm totally annoyed by her stockerish behavior and am wondering if this is typical of a PVP and how I can remove myself from their lists?

A PVP is not a travel agent or third party person. She is an employee of the company you are doing business with, and they have assigned her to you in order to assist with any questions/concerns/issues you may have with your upcoming trip. There really is no downside, only upside for you. If you do have any reason to contact Carnival instead of calling the regular call center and getting a random person you have a POC.

Also her behavior isn't "stalking" its her job. Every time I search online for cruises I get an email and a phone call from my PVP (who I also have never actually made a reservation with, she was just assigned when I booked my first cruise, since I do everything online.) If you don't want your PVP to know you are searching for cruises and thus call you, then don't log-in when you search. Problem solved. I personally just ignore my PVP, unless I need something from her.

The incessant calling is fairly typical. I've never had one call me and inform they were taking over my booking though. I wouldn't like that even a little bit, nor would I consent to it any longer than it would take to get on the phone and remedy the situation.

I would call Carnival and report her, she cannot take over your booking because she wants to. She just wants the commission. I like to handle to bookings myself and only used a PVP on my first cruise. When I would log on to the Carnival website I would get a call the next day from a PVP. I do a lot of research before I book and really disliked the calls. I called Carnival back and told them not to call me again, they took me off their list and now I never get a call.

I respectfully disagree with jwalk (maybe it's a California thing) but MAYBE a courtesy call, email better and if I don't want to work with you, get the hint. They put the online reservation there for people who may not want to be on the phone.

I used TA a few times, then looked to book myself and got an annoying (pushy and not too bright socially IMO) call. She kept bugging me instead of respecting the boundary I set. Pushy sales people have a place, social decorum prevents me from typing. I had a friend who had a good PVP and I switched. You would think I held her kids hostage they way the previous PVP reacted. I get it's a sales job and commission. I've been happy with my PVP for quite some time and she has learned how to best work with me. So I hope a few of them are the desperate outcasts of CCL and not representative of how the company trains them. Complain to CCL if you feel inclined or ask for a switch. I do agree with jwalk that other than them being counter to your needs, they can help with such things as multiple bookings, connecting bookings, dining, etc. Good luck.

...after asking her politely several times to stop calling me I changed my email and phone number on my account. You can also do this using Firefox but Google Chrome works better for me when using Carnival's website.

I feel you. Use Google Chrome and go to Carnival's website in incognito mode. You should be able to browse the website in peace. I called Carnival once and asked the guy that I spoke with to get the PVP to stop calling me. He told me no.

I changed my profile on my account using a fake name, email and phone. I created another account with my Google Voice phone number that will block the 305-599-2600 number. If I decide to browse and login, I will do it in incognito mode. Also tell the PVP that you are using a TA. You can also report Carnival to the BBB.

For drastic measures try this if,the PVP is still pestering you. Oh yeah, make sure you have all your information from your previous profile. boarding pass, etc. Mind you I just tried this yesterday. Most likely your name is tied to your VIFP number. That's why changing your email and phone won't matter if,it's the same VIFP number. After creating a new account I got a new PVP. I emailed her and told her that I'm using a travel agent. I guess you could also ask for a different PVP and straight up tell him or her you are using a TA.

Edited by pcdoctor01

I had a PVP that would call once in a while when I went online, I told him I would book with him if he never called me again. We had a great 10 year relationship. I would call him when I wanted to book and otherwise I never heard from him. He really helped me out on a few issues but now he has left Carnival so I have a new one. we will see how that goes, but I go online a lot and she has not called me in a while.

They do not work on commission,they work on a point system. They must book so many cruises to keep their job. I like when mine calls as she sees my offers before I do. Cruised 8x in the last year and they were all FREE. 2 more free coming up.

Thanks. I'll call in the morning and see about getting myself removed. I get that they work on commission, and if they help me they deserve it. All she did was harass my husband at work. Wake up my sleeping (recovering from a kidney transplant) father and interrupt nap time at my house. I have no interest in padding her pocket for essentially doing nothing. When I reserved the rooms online, I booked both together so they are already linked. If we add a 3rd room, the booking manager makes it pretty easy to link them.

There is no need to be rude. They are probably just following co policy to generate sales call required of them. If you have call display, just don't answer the phone. Mine got the message and stopped calling after I ignored 20or so messages he left on my voicemail.

I've booked my cruise for 4/16 online about 2 &1/2 weeks ago and never got a phone call from a PVP.. My last cruise either ,unless the one who called me for my up sell was my assigned PVP.. Regardless no one has called to try and take over my online bookings..I'd just like having one for the heads up on upcoming promos and a free cruise call would be amazing [emoji6]

The PVP are just trying to make a living. Give em a break! At least they are not getting free handouts from the Government and sucking up tax payer dollars.

Is it really that big of a deal?

Edited by Luke gs Daddy

Having a PVP is great when you have any type of issues with your booking. As mentioned, they are not commission and are only there to help. I have found that all you have to do is tell them to please not call you when you go online. Let them know that you will call them if you need anything. Then they don't call. No need to call the BBB - not really sure why you would do that?

As for her taking over your reservations, I am surprised by that. I have booked online before and then called my PVP (a previous one) and was told that once I booked it myself, they could not assist with anything. Actually, having a PVP is like icing on the cake. You can access and do pretty much anything with your booking yourself, but if you don't have time or need assistance they can help you if needed.

Too many horror stories with TA's. If a TA has your booking, Carnival will not talk to you at all - only the TA. I know some people have fantastic ones they work with all the time, but from the posts here most of them do nothing and are no help when it comes to price drops, etc.

So, let her keep the booking and just let her know that unless you call her to please not call you at all.

I've booked online a couple of times and I log into the website regularly but no phone calls and I still have yet to receive any emails from Carnival even though they have my email address. Nothing in the spam folder either.

It costs nothing to use the services of a PVP.

They do not make commission.

And a good PVP can be very helpful when things get tangled up.

I guess it may be a matter of pride that some do not want any help.

But your parents may like to have someone specific to call with any questions they may have.

My PVP calls maybe once a year.

I figure out what I want to book and then call her.

It is nice to have the consistency of talking to the same person when I call.

And I help someone keep their job.

Win-win all round to my way of thinking.

I've booked online a couple of times and I log into the website regularly but no phone calls and I still have yet to receive any emails from Carnival even though they have my email address. Nothing in the spam folder either.

Same with me. I have my VIFP filled out with my email and phone number, and have booked 3 cruises online myself. I have never had an email, snail mail or phone call from Carnival, pvp or otherwise.

Does not ring true to me.

SOMEONE in the family turned it over to her? She monitors every call made to Carnival? How would she know?

Something not right here. PVP's get fired for doing that.

Not the whole story???

My husband says we have more sea days than most sailors.

I usually used to book my cruises especially on Carnival. BUT one day when I was irked with Carnival, I called and got linked up with a wonderful PVP.

She is great. I hear from her when the Carnival Newsletters come out and her name and phone number is on there.

I call here. she calls back within the hour, or has a recorded message of who to call if she is on vacation or in training sessions. (very rare)

She gets cabins I cannot get because I don't know about them. She knows her stuff. But I can still ask Carnival questions. Still make payments on line or pay my cruise off.

I love her. I would not sail on Carnival without having her doing the booking. AND I have only one other TA that I liked. That was on the Great TA Agency online whose name cannot be spoken online...........A guy. Great. But very short. Once the booking was made, I felt bad calling him.

With Carnival VPV.........never hesitate to e-mail or call.

Hard to believe that Carnival tolerates such behavior. Those tapes are recorded.

Edited by AmberTeka

OP says she put the room on hold. Seems to me like the PVP wants to snag it before it's officially booked so she gets the credit for doing nothing. I would be very upset myself!

I love my PVP!!! He knows that I log in all the time just to browse around so he only calls when he knows there's a really good special.

It costs nothing to use the services of a PVP.

They do not make commission.

And a good PVP can be very helpful when things get tangled up.

I guess it may be a matter of pride that some do not want any help.

But your parents may like to have someone specific to call with any questions they may have.

My PVP calls maybe once a year.

I figure out what I want to book and then call her.

It is nice to have the consistency of talking to the same person when I call.

And I help someone keep their job.

Win-win all round to my way of thinking.

There is no pride issue here. If I need/want help I have zero issue calling and asking for it. The new (since I last booked) online platform is easy to use and allows booking multiple rooms on one booking. Something not possible before, which is why we've called in the past.

My issue is with this specific PVP. My question was is her insistent calling typical. Sounds like it is not. I asked her numerous times not to call, that I will look at sales and price out cruises. That does not mean I will go. I even told her when I was pregnant and could not even cruise due to carnival policy. She kept calling. Which is why I eventually put false information in my account. So she couldn't get a hold of me. When I booked she again had my correct information so started the calling again.

I have no problems helping someone keep their job, meet their quota, get their points or commission, or however they get compensated. I do have an issue with her pushing herself into me and snagging credit for doing nothing. If I had a respectful PVP that maybe called once a year and stopped calling when I asked I would have no problem passing the credit to them. Being pushy is not the way to get my business