Parking in Charleston

family cruisers

Not really sure how much parking is at the pier but i do know that parking is absolutly horrible...It is positivly the worst parking situation you have ever seen....I would suggest staying somewhere in the surrounding area and taking a taxi down there....And the drive from Myrtle Beach is about an hour and a half depending on how fast you drive....

What do you mean by horrible? Can you explain a bit more please.

Thanks

Not really sure how much parking is at the pier but i do know that parking is absolutly horrible...It is positivly the worst parking situation you have ever seen....I would suggest staying somewhere in the surrounding area and taking a taxi down there....And the drive from Myrtle Beach is about an hour and a half depending on how fast you drive....

We left our car at the pier in Charelston in March 2005. We had no problem at all. The cars are parked in wharehouses, just be sure to have your luggage tagged with the NCL tags prior to arriving at the parking area or you will be directed to pull off to the side to tag your luggage. I did read that there are hotels locally that will allow you to park there if you spend the night and they will transport you to the pier. Kind of like a park/sleep/fly at the airport. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply, yes it helps..

We left our car at the pier in Charelston in March 2005. We had no problem at all. The cars are parked in wharehouses, just be sure to have your luggage tagged with the NCL tags prior to arriving at the parking area or you will be directed to pull off to the side to tag your luggage. I did read that there are hotels locally that will allow you to park there if you spend the night and they will transport you to the pier. Kind of like a park/sleep/fly at the airport. Hope this helps.

Some have had bad problems with parking downtown and others find no problem.

Several threads here about park/cruise...

this is one hotel that does it:

http://www.theinnatrivercrossing.com/

This would be on your way from Myrtle Beach....which is about 1-2 hours away depending on where you are staying. If planning on staying the night in Myrtle beach and then driving in check out coming on and staying here.

The parking downtown will cost $110 it think so between the room and cab downtown it would still be cheaper to stay overnight in Mt. pleasant.

I am staying at the Inn at River Crossing the night before the cruise because I can leave my car there for free while I'm on the cruise. I'm paying $85 for the room. Parking at the pier is $110 for the week, so even with the taxi, I think I'll come out OK.

My cruise leaves on March 7. I'll post a review of the room including the cost for a taxi as soon as I can.

Thanks everybody for all of this great information.

Keep it coming .

This hotel does the park/cruise also:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/chsrv

They offer a shuttle there but not back.

It has wonderful views from higher up rooms and the breakfast buffet is on the top with great views. It is more than the one in Mt. Pleasant and you really can't walk to anything but it is another choice.

If cost is a major factor, it's also important to realize that the breakfast is included with the Inn at River Crossing in Mt Pleasant. That was a deciding factor for me because free breakfast makes up for the extra expense of a taxi.

If cost is a major factor, it's also important to realize that the breakfast is included with the Inn at River Crossing in Mt Pleasant. That was a deciding factor for me because free breakfast makes up for the extra expense of a taxi.

Quite true....

If cost is NOT a factor then this is it:

http://www.charlestonplace.com/web/ocha/packages/4_121548.jsp

We have stayed on the club level several times.... wow what a great time.

You would have to either park with cruise line or keep the car in the parking garage but the pampering is GREAT!

Archived