Couldn't Be More Pleased - Grandeur 4/28/15 sailing

My husband and I were on the April 28th Grandeur cruise. We disembarked on Saturday, May 2nd due to a family emergency involving our 2 year old granddaughter. From the minute we received the emergency phone call, the crew took care of everything for us from scheduling our flight, being sure we were first to disembark when we reached Puerto Rico, scheduling taxis', etc. The caring and support was unbelievable down to allowing us to call our daughter to inquire about our granddaughter until we were able to disembark. From the hostess to our waiter and assistant waiter in the dining room the support was amazing. Our cabin steward Devin "found us" as we were just about to disembark. He had a bag full of toys, make a wish t-shirt, towel, etc for our granddaughter....but most important he made a special card on the computer just for her!

In the short time we were on the cruise, we met some amazing passengers as well. The prayers, support, hugs and words of comfort meant so very much to us! We will never forget the crew and the wonderful guests that truly helped us get through our emotional time while waiting to disembark and get home to our granddaughter!

Thank you all so very much!!! Huge kudos go out to Royal Caribbean Officers at the front and back offices at Guest Services for the speed at which they worked to get us back home safely. They were kind, caring and knew exactly how to handle a situation like ours!

PS Our grandaughter is receiving wonderful care at CHKD and she is doing the best she possibly can. She is a sweet and adorable 2 year old. Prayers are certainly welcome!

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

and it is good to hear that the Grandeur crew was so efficient and kind.

I hope all turns out well for your granddaughter.

Thank you so much for your response Bookish Angel.......it helps to know people care!

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

My husband and I were on the April 28th Grandeur cruise. We disembarked on Saturday, May 2nd due to a family emergency involving our 2 year old granddaughter. From the minute we received the emergency phone call, the crew took care of everything for us from scheduling our flight, being sure we were first to disembark when we reached Puerto Rico, scheduling taxis', etc. The caring and support was unbelievable down to allowing us to call our daughter to inquire about our granddaughter until we were able to disembark. From the hostess to our waiter and assistant waiter in the dining room the support was amazing. Our cabin steward Devin "found us" as we were just about to disembark. He had a bag full of toys, make a wish t-shirt, towel, etc for our granddaughter....but most important he made a special card on the computer just for her!

In the short time we were on the cruise, we met some amazing passengers as well. The prayers, support, hugs and words of comfort meant so very much to us! We will never forget the crew and the wonderful guests that truly helped us get through our emotional time while waiting to disembark and get home to our granddaughter!

Thank you all so very much!!! Huge kudos go out to Royal Caribbean Officers at the front and back offices at Guest Services for the speed at which they worked to get us back home safely. They were kind, caring and knew exactly how to handle a situation like ours!

PS Our grandaughter is receiving wonderful care at CHKD and she is doing the best she possibly can. She is a sweet and adorable 2 year old. Prayers are certainly welcome!

Sincerely hope your granddaughter has a full recovery. Prayers sent.

Glad Grandeur was so helpful. We will be on board in June with both our granddaughters with us .

What a wonderful thing RCI did for you guys. I am sure they made the stress of your situation much better with their concern for your granddaughter. I hope she is on the road to recovery and you will be able to enjoy another cruise soon. I cannot imagine what you were going through!

Thank you all for your kind and supportive words! I do know prayers work......please keep them coming!!

Tomorrow will be a very difficult day for Lauren. Back to the hospital again for treatment and another spinal tap. She now has a terrible fear of doctors but they are all wonderful at CHKD! My heart is hurting knowing what she will have to endure tomorrow!

I will be forever grateful to Royal for their kindness, support and very fast actions to help us get home!

Grandchildren are such a blessing.........cherish each moment with yours!!!

Thank you again!

We hope you had a wonderful cruise!!! Joe and I thought about those of you who knew about our granddaughter's emergency health concern and comforted us with your kind and caring words and prayers!

Our granddaughter Lauren is doing the best she can given the circumstance! Her last spinal tap came out clear, thank goodness and she is responding well to her chemo treatments. She tires easily and is having some difficulty walking now, but she at her tender 2-1/2 year old life, is learning to accept her "new normal"!! We pray and welcome all prayers for Lauren's complete recovery. We know we have a long road ahead of us, but we are all determined to keep the faith!!!

Thank you all again for your kindness, support and prayers!

Laura

Thank you all for your continued prayers!!! Reading your kind words definitely help me to "be strong" for my family! My granddaughter Lauren was diagnosed on April 29th (the day after we boarded the ship and couldn't get off until we docked in Puerto Rico on May 2nd!!!!!) with leukemia (ALL type)!! She is 2-1/2 years old and has 2-1/2 years of treatment at which time we are praying for her complete recovery!!

I will continue to check this thread as it truly is a comfort reading these posts!

Thank you........

Laura

Sending prayers for your granddaughter and your family for peace and strength to get you through this very stressful time. I know how great Royal can be when there is an emergency and it is good to hear that they are like that on other ships. Hope it will not be long until you are back on a deck of the cruise ship.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words!!! Lauren will be going for her weekly treatment tomorrow. It's a long day for a 2 year old. Prayers are being answered and Lauren is doing the best she can for a 2 year old. She is a sweet, sweet little girl loved by everyone!

Hopefully one day when we are told Lauren is cured (usually 2-1/2 years of treatment) we will all be able to take a cruise to celebrate! A wonderful thing to look forward to!!!

Thank you all again..........hugs.......