help please - booking changes

Hi we originally booked 1 ocean view cabin for 4 and today I changed it to 2 rooms of 2 in each (was a lot less money now saved $750). I did this on the phone. I have now checked the web my booking page and it now states that the 2 new rooms are on hold and the old booking is still under reserved.

1.Is that normal?

2.Also on the phone the rep said it will take about 3 weeks to transfer over the deposit from one to the other, but final payment is on Saturday - will that be an issue. Should I just pay it all now, if so how do I get the origninal deposit back - can it just be turned into on board credit?

3. They new on hold bookings have all our dates of birth wrong. Is that an issue do I have to phone (on hold 40 mins today) to correct this?

Thanks for any help

Hi we originally booked 1 ocean view cabin for 4 and today I changed it to 2 rooms of 2 in each (was a lot less money now saved $750). I did this on the phone. I have now checked the web my booking page and it now states that the 2 new rooms are on hold and the old booking is still under reserved.

1.Is that normal?

2.Also on the phone the rep said it will take about 3 weeks to transfer over the deposit from one to the other, but final payment is on Saturday - will that be an issue. Should I just pay it all now, if so how do I get the origninal deposit back - can it just be turned into on board credit?

3. They new on hold bookings have all our dates of birth wrong. Is that an issue do I have to phone (on hold 40 mins today) to correct this?

Thanks for any help

Did you book this in the UK or USA ?

If UK then it will be a different number from the one Bob gave you.

Try this one - 01932 834300

One of the selections should be Crown & Anchor.

Did you book this in the UK or USA ?

If UK then it will be a different number from the one Bob gave you.

Try this one - 01932 834300

One of the selections should be Crown & Anchor.

Thanks Liz, I could not tell the OP was from the UK.

I have booked through the UK but I am not a member of C&A as this will be our first Royal Carib cruise. Booking with them seems to have been more problematic than other cruises I have done- partially my fault for changing things (and not reading small print in booking conditions) - but could not refuse an extra room - wheelchair issue now sorted as OV rooms looked very small for 4 adults esp with 1 in a wheelchair but we will be fine in 2 cabins) and a 1/4 of our money back as well ;)

Edited by fragilek

I have booked through the UK but I am not a member of C&A as this will be our first Royal Carib cruise. Booking with them seems to have been more problematic than other cruises I have done- partially my fault for changing things - but could not refuse an extra room and money back ;)

Oh dear I would say another call to Guatemala may be required, especially with wrong info on the reservations...if you don't get that sorted now then they might try and charge you for it later when the correct information is put on there.

I called and canceled my Navigator cruise yesterday and booked the Allure. I did this through my large TA company. They called Royal and Royal transferred over my deposit to my new booking.

Hoe you get it all worked out.

.....wheelchair issue now sorted as OV rooms looked very small for 4 adults esp with 1 in a wheelchair but we will be fine in 2 cabins).....

A few months ago DW broke her ankle onboard the Jewel and had to spend the remainder of our cruise in a wheelchair (provided by the ship). We were in a regular balcony cabin, and found that the wheelchair could not be used during entry into or exit from the stateroom. Accessible cabins have wider doors and can usually easily accommodate wheelchairs, plus that they are more spacious, not least in the bathrooms.

The 3 weeks to move the deposit over is normal. We were booked on an Eastern Med cruise and due to a cabin overbooking we were told we needed to either change cruise or get the money back, we changed to Allure and they stated it takes 3 weeks. When you phone for final payment inform them you've paid a deposit, it should be in the notes.

Regards D.O.B. I've had this happen at least once on all cruises, check in online and you can set the correct date there and it updates (it once said I was 72 and my grandmother was 20...)