Junior Suite, What are the benefts

That's not my undertanding. If they give you a reduced rate (lower than published fare on the website) upgrade, they don't give you the extra points.

There was a flyer floating around recently and the FAQ statement specifically said no bonus points when upgrading to JS with an offer

There was a flyer floating around recently and the FAQ statement specifically said no bonus points when upgrading to JS with an offer

Thanks John, that was my recollection too.

We have always gotten the extra points, FWIW [emoji4]

When did you last get a free upgrade from non-suite to suite, and get the double points? It has been a long time since they said "no" to the extra points.

Or if they "upsold" you, that is a recent change. (no extra points)

Thanks John, that was my recollection too.

here it is, hope it works, if not, the question is pasted below

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/CAS/Flyers/15043237_Trade_Flyer_CAS.pdf

8. Will a CAS member receive the additional cruise point per night when upgraded from a balcony to a junior suite?

No. CAS members who are upgraded to a JS will not receive the additional point per night.

here it is, hope it works, if not, the question is pasted below

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/CAS/Flyers/15043237_Trade_Flyer_CAS.pdf

8. Will a CAS member receive the additional cruise point per night when upgraded from a balcony to a junior suite?

No. CAS members who are upgraded to a JS will not receive the additional point per night.

Well at least I just booked my first JS, and will expect the double points.

It had been my understanding in the past, that if you 'paid additionally to upgrade' to a JS, you still got the double points --- then the line threw some oil in the water, by sending out email offers to cruisers to upgrade but because they cruise line was soliciting the upgrade even for a fee, the double points would not be added it.

Most times JS are more than we want to spend (on sailings we want), but we took advantage on this future sailing for a good deal.

Well at least I just booked my first JS, and will expect the double points.

It had been my understanding in the past, that if you 'paid additionally to upgrade' to a JS, you still got the double points --- then the line threw some oil in the water, by sending out email offers to cruisers to upgrade but because they cruise line was soliciting the upgrade even for a fee, the double points would not be added it.

Most times JS are more than we want to spend (on sailings we want), but we took advantage on this future sailing for a good deal.

You will get dbl points (unless they change their mind)

The no bonus points on upsell has been around for at least a year I think.

You will get dbl points (unless they change their mind)

The no bonus points on upsell has been around for at least a year I think.

It is the cruise lines rules and they can change them as they see fit, annoying as that is.

For the first time, I called C&A when we were booking a new cruise to see what benefit it might give us....and it worked out nicely. What I liked it wasn't a 'hard sales pitch' like when we have called the regular reservation department in the past -- on the few occasions we did not use a travel agent in the past.

don't want room service waking me up to tell me that my order is on its way.:) But it's a nice touch that they usually call to warn you to be decent.

Thanks for the laugh. That phone call saved us recently...lol.

John and Lala.....I sure hope my DH and I are on the same cruise as you sometime. You appear like you are A LOT of fun!!

I was just telling some cruising friends that even though we just became D members, the cruising world is getting smaller because we are starting to see the same people on the cruises we take. It is like running into friends...very sweet!

John and Lala.....I sure hope my DH and I are on the same cruise as you sometime. You appear like you are A LOT of fun!!

I was just telling some cruising friends that even though we just became D members, the cruising world is getting smaller because we are starting to see the same people on the cruises we take. It is like running into friends...very sweet!

Always love meeting new victims. ;)

I haven't ran into that many people from one cruise to the next yet, but always look forward to seeing old friends

Just added another one last night, so you have 14 chances of sailing with Laura and 8 with me over next two years. After that, we retire and the odds really go up. Especially if you sail out of PC. :D

Edited by John&LaLa

If money changes hands you get the double points, it's an upsell NOT free upgrade (going to JS or higher).

That's not my undertanding. If they give you a reduced rate (lower than published fare on the website) upgrade, they don't give you the extra points.

Easiest way to figure out if you should get double points for a JS is,

If you call Royal to upgrade you get the double points.

If Royal calls you to upgrade there are no double points.

So in trying to summarize this.....

(1) you will get the double points for a JS if you book the cruise in a JS with the current going fare on whatever promotion they are offering

(2) if you call Royal and have seen a price that is better than what you have in your balcony cabin for a JS (give yourself an upgrade) or pricing that is well worth it to you, you will earn the double points.

(3) if you are in a balcony or OV, and they send you an email that you reply to for better pricing on a JS then you do not receive double points.

I remember a cruiser once told me that if they offer you an upgrade to an JS or above and you pay nothing extra, no extra points; if you pay something additional to your cruise fare -- extra points for -- but now, if they are offering a lower price than the published fare, you still won't get the double points.

It begs the question: Has someone called Royal, because they saw better pricing for a JS (perhaps their balcony was now less expensive than the JS), but been told by Royal that an email was sent to the cruiser regarding the new pricing available (even though the cruiser says they never received such an email), and unfortunately because they were 'calling in' following the email going out -- they are ineligible for double points.

This is the Curious GeorgeAnna in me. I hope I summarized (1) to (3) well.

Bathtub instead of the Star Trek transporter tube shower.

Many of us hate the tub/shower. It is a very tall bath to step into, its very narrow tub. When the ship is moving, I get extremely dizzy standing up. Also on the smaller ships, not all JS have walk in closets.

If you aren't interested in the double points and the price is much higher than a regular balcony, you might consider passing. Now if getting the double points is important then go for it.

Many of us hate the tub/shower. It is a very tall bath to step into, its very narrow tub. When the ship is moving, I get extremely dizzy standing up. Also on the smaller ships, not all JS have walk in closets.

If you aren't interested in the double points and the price is much higher than a regular balcony, you might consider passing. Now if getting the double points is important then go for it.

I am in our first JS when we sail on Her Majesty next year. I will manage with the 'tall bath to step into' -- it has to make it easier to shave my legs than in the regular shower on Her Majesty, where they don't have a shave bar.

On many of the other ships they installed shave bars in the showers, either when the ship was built or during a refurb.....never done on Her Majesty.

So in trying to summarize this.....

(1) you will get the double points for a JS if you book the cruise in a JS with the current going fare on whatever promotion they are offering

(2) if you call Royal and have seen a price that is better than what you have in your balcony cabin for a JS (give yourself an upgrade) or pricing that is well worth it to you, you will earn the double points.

(3) if you are in a balcony or OV, and they send you an email that you reply to for better pricing on a JS then you do not receive double points.

I remember a cruiser once told me that if they offer you an upgrade to an JS or above and you pay nothing extra, no extra points; if you pay something additional to your cruise fare -- extra points for -- but now, if they are offering a lower price than the published fare, you still won't get the double points.

It begs the question: Has someone called Royal, because they saw better pricing for a JS (perhaps their balcony was now less expensive than the JS), but been told by Royal that an email was sent to the cruiser regarding the new pricing available (even though the cruiser says they never received such an email), and unfortunately because they were 'calling in' following the email going out -- they are ineligible for double points.

This is the Curious GeorgeAnna in me. I hope I summarized (1) to (3) well.

When Royal calls or e mails you with an upsell offer that offer is not available on line so the situation that you described would never apply.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I am in our first JS when we sail on Her Majesty next year. I will manage with the 'tall bath to step into' -- it has to make it easier to shave my legs than in the regular shower on Her Majesty, where they don't have a shave bar.

On many of the other ships they installed shave bars in the showers, either when the ship was built or during a refurb.....never done on Her Majesty.

Do you really need to shave on a 3 day cruise anyway

My DW will not go on a cruise unless I book a Jr. Suite, mainly because of the bathtub/shower, she hates the regular shower.

I don't think my wife hates anything so much that she wouldn't go on a cruise. ;)

YMMV

This is the main reason we usually get a JS. My wife hates the bathroom on the lower categories, because she has trouble shaving her legs. I'm not fond of the transporter shower, but, I could probably make do.

FWIW this first world problem is my own fault...I never should have booked the first JS. ;-)

Do you really need to shave on a 3 day cruise anyway

Silly question --- I see that there are some men that SHOULD shave on a 3 day cruise and don't.....they must have gotten the cabin without mirrors in it and they are afraid to shave and cut themselves. (LOL)

My DW will not go on a cruise unless I book a Jr. Suite, mainly because of the bathtub/shower, she hates the regular shower.

The regular shower will never keep me from cruising. I keep looking in Bed, Bath and Beyond (and other places) for a bar that I can travel with that has suction to adhere it to the shower wall so I won't care whether there is one or not -- I will have my own with me.