Allure preparing for dry dock

Coastal Kitchen is a new restaurant restricted to full suite guests, Pinnacle C&A members, and their guests.

What does "Pinnacles" in C&A mean? Is this a higher up level in crown and anchor?

Thank you both for explaining Pinnacle. Wow, that's a lot of cruises to get to that level!

Indeed.

The three key requirements are:

1) You have to practically live on a cruise ship

2) You also have the massive wallet (and contents) to fund a long list of cruises

3) You have to allow for all those days at sea in your schedule

Most folks will likely never reach that level...but it can be "fun" trying. :D

Thank you both for explaining Pinnacle. Wow, that's a lot of cruises to get to that level!

100x 7 day cruises OR

50x 7 day solo cruises OR

50x Suite Cruises

OR other random combinations... Certainly a lot!

Or 50 x 3 day weekend cruises in a suite under the old system. :)

Even less. Some people were smart and loaded up on 3/4 day cruises during Diamonds in December events. I think there were 3 years any D and above could get extra points during December.

Coastal Kitchen is a new restaurant restricted to full suite guests, Pinnacle C&A members, and their guests.

Ahhh thank you. Good to hear. We sail Haven on NCL and do not think it is worth it on RCCL since they do not have the extras for suites as does NCL. Glad to hear Royal will begin to have their own version, at least a place for meals.

Ahhh thank you. Good to hear. We sail Haven on NCL and do not think it is worth it on RCCL since they do not have the extras for suites as does NCL. Glad to hear Royal will begin to have their own version, at least a place for meals.

So far, Coastal Kitchen is only on a few ships. I've heard of no plans to retrofit it to any more ships.

Izumi will be moved (I believe to the concierge lounge or beside it on level 4) and include an expanded dining option ; Habachi !!! (it's already been added to the dining options on cruise planner)
Will this expand the Windjammer, as it did on Oasis? That made a big difference in being able to find seating in the Oasis WJ.

Will this expand the Windjammer, as it did on Oasis? That made a big difference in being able to find seating in the Oasis WJ.

Yes, the WIndjammer gets more capacity as Izumi is moved out of that area.

The new deck plans for Allure are now on RCI's website.

They've been there for weeks.

Can you direct link to the PDF, they don't have them on the UK site, and you can't access US webpages as it just redirects

Izumi will be moved (I believe to the concierge lounge or beside it on level 4) and include an expanded dining option ; Habachi !!! (it's already been added to the dining options on cruise planner)

When are you sailing that you can see the post drydock cruise planner? I'm on Allure in November and while I can access cruise planner, I get nothing available for dining or entertainment.

They've been there for weeks.

Can you direct link to the PDF, they don't have them on the UK site, and you can't access US webpages as it just redirects

This is for deck 3:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AL/2015-apr/al_deck03_v2015_apr.pdf

It's easy to change the URL for each deck.

I'm on Allure in November and while I can access cruise planner, I get nothing available for dining or entertainment.

We are sailing on here late May and we could not make dinning plans until early April. If I remember correctly, we could book shows mid-March. It is usually 90 days prior to sailing but I have seen it earlier and later that.

When are you sailing that you can see the post drydock cruise planner? I'm on Allure in November and while I can access cruise planner, I get nothing available for dining or entertainment.

Same as A&L_Ont, we're on the first sailing post dry dock on May 19th and were only able to book dining options at the beginning of April. Now I think the first cruises after the dry dock were deliberately delayed in terms of what was/is available on the cruise planner but 90 days prior to is standard. So you've got some time. I'm quite excited to see what unannounced changes will be waiting onboard in just under 2 weeks.

While I believe it would be an incredible secret to keep, I can see the possibility of trying to install water slides on Allure. Before Quantum floated out, Navigator was equipped with Virtual Balconies so they could test how things would work in a real environment. Now granted Virtual Balconies are tiny compared to a water slide, but if the plan is add the slides to all Oasis class ships, might as well do it now while it's in drydock.

Mostly it's just me wishing for it as I'm on the west bound TA in October.

While I believe it would be an incredible secret to keep, I can see the possibility of trying to install water slides on Allure. Before Quantum floated out, Navigator was equipped with Virtual Balconies so they could test how things would work in a real environment. Now granted Virtual Balconies are tiny compared to a water slide, but if the plan is add the slides to all Oasis class ships, might as well do it now while it's in drydock.

Mostly it's just me wishing for it as I'm on the west bound TA in October.

Ya I'm in the same boat (excuse the pun). It would make sense with the timing of the announcement. Assuming they made the announcement after having all the logistics planned, it's not out of the realm of possibility to order second or third set of moulds (for the eventual Oasis outfitting). The navigator is a perfect example for sure. However the custom slide pieces might no be as easy to order and install on such short notice as virtual screens. But I'm an optimist trying not to get my hopes up. There's another thread with more discussion about it here : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203080

Wow, if you look at the FlowRider now in the webcam, it's really being taken apart. Looks scary but guess they are checking the jets or something?

Edited by LuCruise