Allure of the Seas - Western Mediterranean May 2015

MMOMOM

I posted this on the Roll Call, but haven't had any replies yet, so thought I would try here. I went to my reservation to book entertainment and found that there were the Ice Show, Oceanaria, the water show, Blue Planet, which looks like an acrobat show, a Headliner and Comedy Show. I thought there would be something like Chicago or Mama Mia. We saw Hairspray on the Oasis and were expecting something like that would be on the Allure. Would it be because it's just back from the refurbishment or maybe that it's only a 5 night cruise instead of a 7? Any thoughts? Thanx!

I posted this on the Roll Call, but haven't had any replies yet, so thought I would try here. I went to my reservation to book entertainment and found that there were the Ice Show, Oceanaria, the water show, Blue Planet, which looks like an acrobat show, a Headliner and Comedy Show. I thought there would be something like Chicago or Mama Mia. We saw Hairspray on the Oasis and were expecting something like that would be on the Allure. Would it be because it's just back from the refurbishment or maybe that it's only a 5 night cruise instead of a 7? Any thoughts? Thanx!

Mamma Mia will be installed on the Allure during her drydock.

We're booked on the Allure in June and so far, there's nothing available for booking (shows or specialty restaurants), but I figure it's a combination of being too far out and the drydock changes not having been updated so far.

Of course, it doesn't stop me from looking about every other day. :p

May I ask what type of dining you guys have? Has anyone been offered traditional?

We are on the May 31st cruise on Allure and have 6pm dining waitlisted for 6.30pm. On my booking page it lists early and late dining options.:)

We are booked in June (7-14) and have MTD but we signed up for,that when we booked last May. Some friends booked a few months ago and MTD was their only choice.

We were able to book our entertainment a week ago or so, but no main show is listed yet. I keep hearing mamma Mia will be added in drydock, but haven't seen or heard anything official from RC. And it's weird they let us book everything else but not that. Wouldn't they have that figured out yet?

We're booked on the Allure in June and so far, there's nothing available for booking (shows or specialty restaurants), but I figure it's a combination of being too far out and the drydock changes not having been updated so far.

Of course, it doesn't stop me from looking about every other day. :p

Me too, I'm on in June and I keep looking everyday. Maybe after dry dock. On a happy note, I got my airline tickets booked :)

• 2 months later...

All,

I've had the same questions about the broadway musical or lack there of. I'm booked for the 6/18 cruise on Allure of the Seas. Western Mediterranean.

I called Royal Caribbean and got the following response("Tell Me on a Sunday"). However, keep in mind that they've been wrong in the past. When I go to my cruise planner, it doesn't show up, but I was told it will show up soon. I'm not too worried about it either way. I'll find out in about 6 more weeks. Very excited. Can't wait.

Tell Me on a Sunday is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Don Black. A one-act song cycle, it tells the story of an ordinary English girl from Muswell Hill, who journeys to the United States in search of love. Her romantic misadventures begin in New York City, lead her to Hollywood, and eventually take her back to Manhattan.

Enjoy everyone!!

All,

I've had the same questions about the broadway musical or lack there of. I'm booked for the 6/18 cruise on Allure of the Seas. Western Mediterranean.

I called Royal Caribbean and got the following response("Tell Me on a Sunday"). However, keep in mind that they've been wrong in the past. When I go to my cruise planner, it doesn't show up, but I was told it will show up soon. I'm not too worried about it either way. I'll find out in about 6 more weeks. Very excited. Can't wait.

Tell Me on a Sunday is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Don Black. A one-act song cycle, it tells the story of an ordinary English girl from Muswell Hill, who journeys to the United States in search of love. Her romantic misadventures begin in New York City, lead her to Hollywood, and eventually take her back to Manhattan.

Enjoy everyone!!

I hope they are wrong. Although I saw Mama Mia on Broadway, it would be so fun to see on the Allure. I wont be on until end of January. When can I start making my reservations?

Thank you.

I am just back from the TA from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona sailing on the Allure. That is, the one just before the current dry dock. The cruise director announced that Mamma Mia was the next production. We saw the last of the Chicago shows on that sailing.

I hope they are wrong. Although I saw Mama Mia on Broadway, it would be so fun to see on the Allure. I wont be on until end of January. When can I start making my reservations?

Thank you.

Others have reported Mamma Mia starting on Allure mid June 2015, so it will be there for your cruise in January.

I am just back from the TA from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona sailing on the Allure. That is, the one just before the current dry dock. The cruise director announced that Mamma Mia was the next production. We saw the last of the Chicago shows on that sailing.

Hope you had a great trip! Any great tips you can give about the Allure.

All,

Enjoy everyone!!

Well, everyone, I'm responding to my own post. I was wrong above. The show is Mama Mia, not what I said above. Mama Mia is now on the entertainment list when you go to the Cruise Planner. (although it wouldn't let me reserve a show)

Happy Cruising!!!

• 3 weeks later...