$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Edited by Host Kewlguy

Finally something that makes sense to me all though just getting $25 for an open booking does not seem right I tend not to make decisions on my next cruise right away so I guess I will pass on purchasing a Next cruise or whatever they call it now. Thanks Patti for posting this

I think the poor LA's are going to be swamped now. It was nice to fill out the form and drop it off. Would be nice if they found a way to self service this on a ship (say using the pc's they have) but who am I kidding the normal website has so many problems I doubt they could do some thing like that.

Current C&A balcony discounts Per Cabin (as of 1/21/2011) are as follows:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $300...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Is the Next cruise still refundable and the Open Booking non refundable?

Finally something that makes sense to me all though just getting $25 for an open booking does not seem right I tend not to make decisions on my next cruise right away so I guess I will pass on purchasing a Next cruise or whatever they call it now. Thanks Patti for posting this

I agree and now I'm confused too! We have a next cruise certificate (open) and when we purchased it in May of 2012 on the Oasis, they told us it would be $200 OBC. Today we saw a good price for a cruise in March of 2015 online. Talked with the agent and booked it. She instructed us to do the transfer of the booking over to her and 'we'd see if it was worth it' compared to what they were offering benefit wise. I filled out the form and saw it had to be 'faxed' to RCCI. We don't have a fax, so we called RCCI to see if we scanned it, could we email it instead. They said no, but that the OBC was $100 and it was up to the TA as to whether the two were able to be combined. The cruise we booked was for a JS and it's 7 days. So with this just posted 'next cruise' info, it reads $200 for a JS for 7 days, but the 'open' is only $25. So, I'm just wondering about the whole process. The TA gave us $75 and reduced deposit today. :confused:

Since you purchased your open booking in 2012, the "old" OBC amounts apply. At that time 7-9 night cruises were worth $100 OBC. So you have the correct amount. Cruises 10 nights and over were eligible for the $200 OBC.

For those that have created NC bookings prior to March 15, 2014, when converting them to a specific cruise, here is the OBC that you should receive:

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Please remember to remind whomever you are booking with exactly when that NC was created so that you get the correct OBC upon conversion. The creation date should be in the upper right hand corner next to "Booking Date".

Since you purchased your open booking in 2012, the "old" OBC amounts apply. At that time 7-9 night cruises were worth $100 OBC. So you have the correct amount. Cruises 10 nights and over were eligible for the $200 OBC.

Okay, so even tho it says 'Next Cruise Confirmation' with 'issue date' of May 30, 2012 and they told me it would be $200 (maybe I misunderstood) OBC, right now for use on this next cruise booked today for March 2015, it will be $100?

Okay, so even tho it says 'Next Cruise Confirmation' with 'issue date' of May 30, 2012 and they told me it would be $200 (maybe I misunderstood) OBC, right now for use on this next cruise booked today for March 2015, it will be $100?

The issue date of your Next Cruise Confirmation (the date it was created) is the date that will decide the amount of your OBC when you convert it to a specific booking.

Remember, now when you create one on board it will be called an "Open Booking" with the lower OBC.

Thanks Patti for keeping us updated. I have an open NCC from Feb 2013 so I hope they will honor the old OBC rate.

Theresa

Theresa, when converting it to a specific cruise, please remind them the date it was created and you should get the old OBC rate.

Edited by cruisenfever

The issue date of your Next Cruise Confirmation (the date it was created) is the date that will decide the amount of your OBC when you convert it to a specific booking.

Remember, now when you create one on board it will be called an "Open Booking" with the lower OBC.

Theresa, when converting it to a specific cruise, please remind them the date it was created and you should get the old OBC rate.

I know I sound really dumb :o, but we are faxing the Agent Transfer Form tomorrow. The actual cruise is for March 15, 2015 but we booked it today with an online TA. She says it takes about 10 days for RCCI to release it to her. So am I understanding you correctly that RCCI will decide at that time what the amount of the actual OBC is then? They (RCI and the Agent) also said, if I don't want to use it, I can send it back to RCI and use it at a later date. This is too much for me. I don't think I'll do another one of these, LOL!! Thank you for your patience tho!:)

I know I sound really dumb :o, but we are faxing the Agent Transfer Form tomorrow. The actual cruise is for March 15, 2015 but we booked it today with an online TA. She says it takes about 10 days for RCCI to release it to her. So am I understanding you correctly that RCCI will decide at that time what the amount of the actual OBC is then? They (RCI and the Agent) also said, if I don't want to use it, I can send it back to RCI and use it at a later date. This is too much for me. I don't think I'll do another one of these, LOL!! Thank you for your patience tho!:)

You booked a cruise today for March of 2015 and you are using a NC that you created on May 30, 2012. Right??:D You will be transferring the NC to that TA tomorrow. How am I doing?:p

OK, not knowing the length of your cruise and because are using a NC created in 2012, you would still be eligible for the old OBC rate which, prior to March 15, 2014, was

You just have to remind your TA to emphasize to RCI the date that the NC was created so that you get the correct OBC amount. That NC booking falls under the old OBC rate and not the new one. You are grandfathered in, so to speak.

Edited by cruisenfever

You booked a cruise today for March of 2015 and you are using a NC that you created on May 30, 2012. Right??:D You will be transferring the NC to that TA tomorrow. How am I doing?:p

OK, not knowing the length of your cruise and because are using a NC created in 2012, you would still be eligible for the old OBC rate which, prior to March 15, 2014, was

You just have to remind your TA to emphasize to RCI the date that the NC was created so that you get the correct OBC amount. That NC booking falls under the old OBC rate and not the new one. You are grandfathered in, so to speak.

LOL!! You're doing great, LOL!! ;) Yes .... 'created' 2012, transferred today for cruise in 2015. Okay, think I got it :o ... it should be for $100 and all I need to do is remind the TA to tell them it's grandfathered to the 'old' OBC rate so should be $100!! :D How am I doing??!! Thank you for humoring me and having patience! Seriously, it all sounded so simple when we did it on the Oasis ... but really don't think I'll do this again! LOL!! Honestly, we shop price and the online sales are usually so much better than what you get booking directly and since we have the luxury of doing last minute bookings, it works for us. But, we did get a good deal today (even this far out!) and it's going to be soooo good to get back on Royal Caribbean again! :)

If I book a cruise onboard now, under the new rules, for 7 nights in a JS and get $200 OBC, can I change the ship and sail date of that cruise to a different ship and sail date also for 7 days and retain the $200 OBC?

Patti do you know?

If I book a cruise onboard now, under the new rules, for 7 nights in a JS and get $200 OBC, can I change the ship and sail date of that cruise to a different ship and sail date also for 7 days and retain the $200 OBC?

Patti do you know?

Other Patti here. In the fine print on the new forms it says "this" about onboard bookings....

"If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise."

It says they reserve the right to reduce it, I don't think anyone at this point actually knows if they will.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

~Patti :)

I have two onboard booking confirmation e mails for two upcoming cruises on the Freedom. Both have a booking date of 3-15-14 when we were on Adventure. We have a GS on both cruises. Our OBC is $100. Should it be $200?

I think it should be. But we're not Royal Caribbean. I posted the link to the official flyer in the previous post. You should probably talk to your travel agent or the cruise line directly. I think Loyalty Ambassadors onboard, probably weren't up to speed on the new amounts (3/15/14) when you booked onboard Adventure. :)

LOL!! You're doing great, LOL!! ;) Yes .... 'created' 2012, transferred today for cruise in 2015. Okay, think I got it :o ... it should be for $100 and all I need to do is remind the TA to tell them it's grandfathered to the 'old' OBC rate so should be $100!! :D How am I doing??!! Thank you for humoring me and having patience! Seriously, it all sounded so simple when we did it on the Oasis ... but really don't think I'll do this again! LOL!! Honestly, we shop price and the online sales are usually so much better than what you get booking directly and since we have the luxury of doing last minute bookings, it works for us. But, we did get a good deal today (even this far out!) and it's going to be soooo good to get back on Royal Caribbean again! :)

You go girl!!!:p