Allure preparing for dry dock

I hope all that just disembarked Allure's TA had an amazing time. Hopefully a fellow CCer will do a report of their cruise when they return home.:)

I just was looking at Allure's web cameras and they have already begun prepping for dry dock and they aren't even out of port. I hope they keep the cameras up and running so we can see some of the transformations occurring.

We board her late this month so I can't wait to see her changes since we were on her in March.

image.jpg.e0e058100cd7af2bb992e0a0e109d7a8.jpg

We will be on Allure in Jan. doing 9 B2Bs. What are the chances they will replace the mattresses? Nothing worse than a sagging mattress! If they don't replace them then I hope they will have some spares down in the "basement":p

I hope all that just disembarked Allure's TA had an amazing time. Hopefully a fellow CCer will do a report of their cruise when they return home.:)

I just was looking at Allure's web cameras and they have already begun prepping for dry dock and they aren't even out of port. I hope they keep the cameras up and running so we can see some of the transformations occurring.

We board her late this month so I can't wait to see her changes since we were on her in March.

I really hope they don't make a mess of this dry dock :eek:

I´m prepared to board a "construction site", Liz (together with A&L_Ont) :D! DH has been with you on the Oasis TA... so he´s "experienced".

steamboats

Carmen, they better not mess up the best ship in the fleet :eek:...oh no...she better be ready and shining and fixed up when she leaves that dry dock !! :cool:

Doesn't matter than I am not on her until October...she better be ready to take Europe by storm this summer...and show everyone how fabulous the Oasis Class ships are :D

Edited by Elizanessie

We board in Rome a few days after steams boats so she will make sure they are done prior to our arrival. ;) There is a five day sailing prior to Carmen getting on so they have almost 2 weeks before we board. I can only hope they will be done most of it. :)

Looks like the rest of the carpet is covered and the store fronts are wrapped up as well.

EDIT: so long as both the flowriders are running I will be happy.

image.jpg.a7cb7c125abc9e71634dd0c4d507176f.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

We board in Rome a few days after steams boats so she will make sure they are done prior to our arrival. ;) There is a five day sailing prior to Carmen getting on so they have almost 2 weeks before we board. I can only hope they will be done most of it. :)

Looks like the rest of the carpet is covered and the store fronts are wrapped up as well.

Looks like they are getting ready to power clean the floor on the RP....but then again there is a lot of covering and tape on some bits but not so much on others. :confused:

p.s. the two guys walking along look rather like the GSM - Adrian and the HD - Raimund. LOL

I do hope they leave the cameras on :D

Edited to add...duh me should have taken screen shot of the guys walking along lol

Who needs tv when we have Allure onboard webcam.

Edited by Elizanessie

Looks like we're a couple weeks after you, so keep her clean for us! :D

Who needs tv when we have Allure onboard webcam.

:D:D:D

I hope they don´t come up with the idea to install the mentioned water slides on the Allure during dry dock. As this would be extremly last minute I´m pretty sure that this won´t be finished...

steamboats

Raimund is no longer HD, he got a well deserved promotion into a senior Head Office position. :D

................p.s. the two guys walking along look rather like the GSM - Adrian and the HD - Raimund. LOL

Raimund is no longer HD, he got a well deserved promotion into a senior Head Office position. :D

Oh wow that is great news Dave, thanks. He worked so hard over the years and as you said, well deserved promotion :D

Pass on my congrats if you are chatting with him please :D

I hope they don´t come up with the idea to install the mentioned water slides on the Allure during dry dock. As this would be extremly last minute I´m pretty sure that this won´t be finished...

steamboats

Honestly Carmen the fact that it was announced just before Allure's dry dock about the waterslides going to be added on OA & AL...well that makes me really think there is a good chance the waterslides will be added to Allure this month.

Hey Andrew...they are working on the Flowrider now :D

And there is a tent on the RP in front of the Rising Tide.

The tent city is over the car. They can't exactly park it outside. :D

Looks like the are putting new crash pad at the back wall in of the Flowrider. I think they will try to put the slides in, as why would they mention it if it wasn't going to happen for years.

Edited by A&L_Ont

The slides seem to be a very spontaneous decision. There was no word about adding slides last week onboard the Anthem. I don´t think they will have them ready for the Allure dry dock. But we will see...

steamboats

The slides seem to be a very spontaneous decision. There was no word about adding slides last week onboard the Anthem. I don´t think they will have them ready for the Allure dry dock. But we will see...

The decision could have been made months ago or longer...but just recently announced. As others have pointed out...that means this could have been planned months ago for drydock.

We'll just have to wait and see.

The webcam today shows the pre-dock prep work on the Flowrider and Promenade areas in particular...the onboard crew seems to be working aggressively to get a lot of the pre-drydock work completed in the 36 hours they have to do it.

050115_Flowrider_prep_2_while_sailing_to_Cadiz.jpg

050115_Promenade_prep_while_sailing_to_Cadiz.jpg

The decision could have been made months ago or longer...but just recently announced. As others have pointed out...that means this could have been planned months ago for drydock.

Sure, it could have been made months ago... But then I wonder why they haven´t added the slides already to the Anthem... or why they didn´t mention anything on the press conference... And looking on what they´ve done on the Oasis... some of the decisions were... don´t talk about it! We all know that Wonderland was already announced onboard and will never come. The Diamond Club has been removed to deck 4 and now is in the former Concierge Lounge. Lots of stuff has been planned last minute and turned out not really well.

I think it has been a pretty spontaneous decision and it might have been too late to implent the slides into the dry dock right now. But time will tell...

steamboats

Sure, it could have been made months ago... But then I wonder why they haven´t added the slides already to the Anthem... or why they didn´t mention anything on the press conference... And looking on what they´ve done on the Oasis... some of the decisions were... don´t talk about it! We all know that Wonderland was already announced onboard and will never come. The Diamond Club has been removed to deck 4 and now is in the former Concierge Lounge. Lots of stuff has been planned last minute and turned out not really well.

I think it has been a pretty spontaneous decision and it might have been too late to implent the slides into the dry dock right now. But time will tell...

steamboats

Oasis and Allure will be relatively easy for them to do. The engineering had already been done for Harmony so it is just a matter of copying it.

Anthem will take more time and be more difficult as they are starting from scratch. Also the layout and not having as much open deck space on Quantum class will present additional challenges.

I agree with the others thinking that there is a good chance of them being installed. Maybe Royal wanted to break tradition and announce something before it was leaked to the media and CC.

Oasis and Allure will be relatively easy for them to do. The engineering had already been done for Harmony so it is just a matter of copying it.

Anthem will take more time and be more difficult as they are starting from scratch. Also the layout and not having as much open deck space on Quantum class will present additional challenges.

I agree with the others thinking that there is a good chance of them being installed. Maybe Royal wanted to break tradition and announce something before it was leaked to the media and CC.

Agree.

Things of this nature have to be approved for budget, planning, and implementation purposes months in advance...so thinking this is done as an afterthought or quick decision is not reality.

Implementing on twin ships like Oasis and Allure can likely be done in days, which is what prompted some to wonder if it might be done during the drydock that starts this weekend on Allure.

steamboats

It's not last minute, the announcement came the other day, doesn't mean they haven't been planning it for months.

I just was looking at Allure's web cameras and they have already begun prepping for dry dock and they aren't even out of port. I hope they keep the cameras up and running so we can see some of the

Just off Allure in BCN and preps began long before we even boarded. Upon awakening this am, there were hundreds of workers throughout ship tearing down areas already...Zip line was already removed as was most of the sports court surface