Drinks packages

Has anyone indulged in one of the drinks packages on board and if so can you spare your thoughts good and bad. are they good value ?. and do they have packages for soft drinks or are the soft drinks generally included in the cruise cost. John.

Does not work for me value wise

Soda package is offered, but is only a good value on ships with freestyle coke machines. Hard to get bartenders attention with all the drink packages sold.

Has anyone indulged in one of the drinks packages on board and if so can you spare your thoughts good and bad. are they good value ?. and do they have packages for soft drinks or are the soft drinks generally included in the cruise cost. John.

Drinks included in the price of the cruise: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk (including chocolate), juices at breakfast. Some ships also have artificially sweetened flavored waters.

I bought the royal replenish package on my last cruise (soda, coffees, water, frsh juice, non alcoholic cocktails) costs about $20 per day and I thought it was great value! Never had any trouble getting a drink anywhere on board.

Prior to this we have gotten the soda package on every cruise, with and without freestyle machines, and have also enjoyed that. Hubby doesn't drink coffee or alcohol so he easily drink 5-6 sodas a day. Break even point on this package is about 3 so he's happy!

Edited by BekkaW

For my husband and I the drink package is worth it. We enjoy not having to worry about the pricing and yes, we drink enough (epscially with the increased drink pricing). We have had excellent bar service with it. We also carry $1's and will tip above the package because we feel like that's the right thing to do. It also hasn't hurt our curstomer service any either.

I always get the Premium Pkg. Totally good for me. Includes any drinks I want, soda, and water. Even if you are not a huge drinker, if you have 4 or 5 drinks a day plus water and soda it is worth it.

For me it all depends on how many sea days there are. I like the Ultimate package because it includes specialty coffees, fresh squeezed oj, water, alcohol, and soda. On port intensive cruises it may not be as good a value, but with the increase in prices, it might work out in your favor.

Worked great for my husband and I. We like to try different drinks so with the drink package I don't feel too bad if I order a new drink and don't like it, I can leave it behind and try another. ;)

Ps - I love belini's and at $12 I had no problem

getting my money's worth.

I drink the regular ice water....ie: tap water with ice! It's the same thing that's in a bottle! No need to pay for water. We don't drink much soda at all..maybe 1 can (split between 2 of us) in 2 weeks....soda's not good for you. We consider it a "treat". All of the other "included" drinks are fine with us....booze is our only real expense.

Edited by cb at sea

I am traveling with my husband and adult children, 22yrs and 19 yrs. My husband and I plan on getting the premium drink package. My 22 yo does not drink. I heard that all of age adults in room must get package if one does. Is that true?

Thanks for your response.

I am traveling with my husband and adult children, 22yrs and 19 yrs. My husband and I plan on getting the premium drink package. My 22 yo does not drink. I heard that all of age adults in room must get package if one does. Is that true?

Thanks for your response.

No, Royal does not require all guests in a stateroom to purchase a drink package.

I drink the regular ice water....ie: tap water with ice! It's the same thing that's in a bottle! No need to pay for water. We don't drink much soda at all..maybe 1 can (split between 2 of us) in 2 weeks....soda's not good for you. We consider it a "treat". All of the other "included" drinks are fine with us....booze is our only real expense.

?????

Sodas bad for you but booze is okay?

My DH and I are not big drinkers, our last cruise we got the Royal Replenish package. We figured if we wanted an alcoholic drink we'd buy one or buy a shot to add to a virgin colada. We never missed the alcohol. We also know we got our moneys worth...

My DH and I are not big drinkers, our last cruise we got the Royal Replenish package. We figured if we wanted an alcoholic drink we'd buy one or buy a shot to add to a virgin colada. We never missed the alcohol. We also know we got our moneys worth...

This is my plan for two port-intensive cruises this summer. Although I would get full advantage of the ultimate package if I was on the ship, I have multiple days in port-- I figure 22 bucks a day will be WELL worth it when I am aboard, but I cannot justify $65 when I'm not even there.

My BF and I did the Premium package when we went on an 8-day out of Baltimore last Thanksgiving. We knew that we weren't going to get off at one of the ports, and we ended up having a port cancelled. We kept a vague count and found that we drank almost 80 drinks each the whole time - definitely worth it for us when we spent 6.5/8 days on the ship.

Keep in mind, however, that we're still in our mid-20's. So we enjoy drinking at night :) But I will say that we didn't really get too drunk even with that much drinking. Maybe one night when we (kind of) made an effort to do it. Otherwise, we just drank and had a good time. You eat so much food that it's hard to get drunk!

I will also say, however, that we never felt that we didn't have anything we couldn't drink with Premium. We made friends with a bartender one night who just let us 'taste' (by swiping our cards and giving us a smaller version to split) whatever we wanted and kind of based what we drank the rest of the week around that 'tasting' (If you're ever on the Grandeur - go make friends with Kevin in Schooner! He's awesome!)

The only thing we missed out on was higher priced wines with dinner (though it didn't really matter. We still had wine with our dinner and that made us happy. We're not snobs about the higher priced stuff or anything) and some OJ in the morning. We just drank the ship coffee which tasted fine. Otherwise, Premium was worth it, to us, as compared to the Ultimate.

My BF and I did the Premium package when we went on an 8-day out of Baltimore last Thanksgiving. We knew that we weren't going to get off at one of the ports, and we ended up having a port cancelled. We kept a vague count and found that we drank almost 80 drinks each the whole time - definitely worth it for us when we spent 6.5/8 days on the ship.

Keep in mind, however, that we're still in our mid-20's. So we enjoy drinking at night :) But I will say that we didn't really get too drunk even with that much drinking. Maybe one night when we (kind of) made an effort to do it. Otherwise, we just drank and had a good time. You eat so much food that it's hard to get drunk!

I will also say, however, that we never felt that we didn't have anything we couldn't drink with Premium. We made friends with a bartender one night who just let us 'taste' (by swiping our cards and giving us a smaller version to split) whatever we wanted and kind of based what we drank the rest of the week around that 'tasting' (If you're ever on the Grandeur - go make friends with Kevin in Schooner! He's awesome!)

The only thing we missed out on was higher priced wines with dinner (though it didn't really matter. We still had wine with our dinner and that made us happy. We're not snobs about the higher priced stuff or anything) and some OJ in the morning. We just drank the ship coffee which tasted fine. Otherwise, Premium was worth it, to us, as compared to the Ultimate.

Oh, oops - let me add this: we are also doing a European cruise in Sept. 2016 and don't think we're going to do a package. If anything, we'll do select just for our wine at night. But because we will be off the ship every day except for one, we probably won't get our worth out of it again this time as we'll be doing (and drinking) other things off of the ship during the day. So, if you're conflicted, think about how much you guess you'll be on the ship. Do you only have two on-ship days? Then may not necessarily be worth it.

My husband called customer service to ask some questions about the drink packages because we were up in arms as to which packages we really wanted to get. With so many of us traveling, things can get costly fast. The lady that he spoke with brought up a good point. We will have 3 full days in port where we won't be on the ship, so how much drinking will we actually do on those days. I guess I could just look at things this way. I have worked very hard to lose quite a bit of weight before this cruise and I'm very happy where I'm headed weight wise. I know that sodas and alcoholic beverages are just carb filled glasses. If I just stick with the free stuff and maybe splurge on a few drinks, not only will this save us money, but it will also hopefully help keep me from gaining back a few pounds while we are on board. I would rather use the money on other things like photos, gifts, etc.