Free Arcade?

I will be on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary on FotS in two weeks (!!!) and my traveling companion and I are excited to spend some time in the arcade. I have read multiple times on these boards about there being one or two days with time periods where the arcade is free for children (but they don't card ;)).

However, while going over daily compasses from past cruises I have been unable to find any mention of this, although I am probably just overlooking it. Does anyone know when/where it would be announced, or what day/time period it usually happens? TIA!

I just got off the Indy last week with my two kids. There was never a moment when the arcade was free, as it was quite the opposite. Always very expensive and very very empty because of that .......

Edited by tallnthensome

I will be on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary on FotS in two weeks (!!!) and my traveling companion and I are excited to spend some time in the arcade. I have read multiple times on these boards about there being one or two days with time periods where the arcade is free for children (but they don't card ;)).

However, while going over daily compasses from past cruises I have been unable to find any mention of this, although I am probably just overlooking it. Does anyone know when/where it would be announced, or what day/time period it usually happens? TIA!

It will be listed in the teen compass. On the Freedom at Christmas the free one hour arcade was on day 1 at 7pm.

They did this mid cruise on the Jewel as part of the kids club's family activities. We skipped it to avoid the crowds as it wasn't worth it to me to save a few bucks when it is otherwise empty.

It's free to look. :) With a son who is 8, the key is not to let him know it's there. :D

Ha ha yes, so true. When we were on the Oasis last year my kids were 9 & 11. They assumed they had to pay for the donuts at the donut....and I didn't tell them the difference until the last day.;) I still hear about that:p

Edited by The Sunset Glow

On Freedom it was listed in the kid's Compasses. It's a family activity, but all they do is turn all of the machines onto FREE for that hour or so. There's no employees, or anything like that. Anyone can go.

It wasn't in the main Compass.

On Freedom it was listed in the kid's Compasses. It's a family activity, but all they do is turn all of the machines onto FREE for that hour or so. There's no employees, or anything like that. Anyone can go.

Was it on the first day? We don't have any kids with us, so we won't have a kids compass from the get go (I assume, as this will be my first cruise). I can probably request a kids compass after day one, but I am worried about missing it if it's the first night.

Was it on the first day? We don't have any kids with us, so we won't have a kids compass from the get go (I assume, as this will be my first cruise). I can probably request a kids compass after day one, but I am worried about missing it if it's the first night.

Day 1 at 7pm on our last Freedom cruise.

In my experience it is usually for Families and their children ages 3 to 11.

You should be able to get a kids/teen compass at Guest Services on day 1.

Is the teen compass automatically replaces the standard compass in the stateroom when there is a teen staying there?

No, the teen compass will be in addition to the standard compass.

~ Judy

Day 1 10pm for us, clever as most of the youngsters would or may of been in bed:)

image.jpg1_zps7qlcad4p.jpg

Enjoy!

That is a teen compass so that is the time for the teens not the youngsters. I thought they had a separate time for the younger, Adventure Ocean kids.

As far the the OP wanting to go to the free times with no kids, they might not allow you to stay during the teen time.

It was the first night if I recall correctly.

Just go to the Guest Services area. There will be a wall of Compasses, including the kid ones. Grab one. I do that for scrapbooking purposes every day.

In my experience it is usually for Families and their children ages 3 to 11.

Sure, but no one is checking. And the listing I found (below) is "free family arcade". Define family. Now define it for everyone. :)

Yes, it is packed. You have to wait for machines as half the machines won't be 'free' because they are the prize-grabber types. You have to pay for those.

Good correction. The ones that give tickets won't be free. But on Freedom they had Pac Man and Donkey Kong and fun stuff like that. :) And shooter games my son would like to remind us.

Actually, I'm wrong. Freedom Jan 2014 it was on the main Compass. Back page under Today's Activities, go down to 7-8pm, Free Family Arcade, Challenger's arcade.

I don't see any listing for it for our Vision cruise last October. But...Vision vs Freedom arcades, right?

That is a teen compass so that is the time for the teens not the youngsters. I thought they had a separate time for the younger, Adventure Ocean kids.

As far the the OP wanting to go to the free times with no kids, they might not allow you to stay during the teen time.

Free time with no kids!!! Never seen that on any ship

Have you?