Dubai Port Rashid

Maverick911

Hi we are booked on a RCI Cruise departing from Dubai we have booked through a TA and found that our Flight with Emirates arrives at 0745 after which we have a transfer direct to the port. We understand that boarding is bet 1100 - 1600 so we will be there early. My question is will we be able to drop our cases off before boarding? Will we have to wait at the terminal or will we be able to go into the City for Breakfast ? Any advice would be welcome. :)

There is nothing to do at the Port, nor is there a lot of seating. It is a large terminal building in the middle of the container port.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think that under local law once you have embarked the ship that day, you cannot get back off if the ship is scheduled to leave later that day.

I would suggest killing a couple of hours having breakfast/coffee before heading to the Port sometime after 10am at the earliest. You could do this at the airport itself or get a taxi to one of the many large hotels / shopping centres between the airport & port.

I don't see why you couldn't drop bags off with porters & then go off again, but I haven't done this myself & might consider it a little risky, maybe? & you have to be in a taxi or similar to drive in or out of the port area.

Edited by jspqld

I have been on this cruise before and I booked a ships excursion. they pick you up take you to a nice hotel for breakfast. Your luggage is taken to the ship and you are taken on a tour of the city. Was a good trip and I will be doing the same in March when I sail again.

If you have transfers booked through RCI they will take you to a hotel for breakfast and to check in for the cruise. You are then transferred to the port around 11am. If you do not have RCI transfers then as suggeusted, the tour is the way to go.