Dubai metro

Wotan758

The Metro is easy to use to get around Dubai. Personnel spoke English. The station names are also in English.

We found that the majority of the riders were workers from other countries and at times can be a little pushy. The ladies car is great to ride in.

The Metro is easy to use to get around Dubai. Personnel spoke English. The station names are also in English.

We found that the majority of the riders were workers from other countries and at times can be a little pushy. The ladies car is great to ride in.

Thanks, good info.

• 2 weeks later...
How friendly in the Dubai metro?

Maps on the lines (2) in English?

Name of stations in English?

Signs in English?

English speaking personnel in ticket booth?

Or all information in Arabic only?

Enjoy Dubai! The metro was very easy to use, and all signs, maps, and announcements were in both English & Arabic.

I didn't use a ticket booth because from the (English available) automated kiosk you can buy an inexpensive all-day pass for the Metro & Bus network. It was under $5 USD and you can pay with your credit card at the kiosk.

As for friendly, I would say so. There was certainly no aggression and people were more willing to offer their seat to women, elderly, or visibly infirmed. I know most subways in the world have signs and dedicated seats encouraging this, but in Dubai people seemed more proactive.

Also, the all-female car was pretty neat according to my wife - wasn't as crowded. I stepped into it without realizing and moved out as soon as I did.

Enjoy Dubai! The metro was very easy to use, and all signs, maps, and announcements were in both English & Arabic.

I didn't use a ticket booth because from the (English available) automated kiosk you can buy an inexpensive all-day pass for the Metro & Bus network. It was under $5 USD and you can pay with your credit card at the kiosk.

As for friendly, I would say so. There was certainly no aggression and people were more willing to offer their seat to women, elderly, or visibly infirmed. I know most subways in the world have signs and dedicated seats encouraging this, but in Dubai people seemed more proactive.

Also, the all-female car was pretty neat according to my wife - wasn't as crowded. I stepped into it without realizing and moved out as soon as I did.

Do you know or have you heard about any of the hotels in Dubai?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any valuable experiences for you. Our ship overnighted so we went back to the terminal the first night. Instead of going directly to the airport for our 1:50am flight, We booked a last minute hotel near the airport to lay down and shower prior to our 28 hour travel home. The price was right but wouldn't go as far as to recommend it.