Disembarking Abu Dhabi; Flying out of Dubai?

RTLS

We are considering a cruise that ends in Abu Dhabi.

I can get a reasonably priced flight to our home (Vancouver BC) from Dubai but it's not available from Abu Dhabi.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this and what transportation did you use to go from the cruise terminal in Abu Dhabi and the International airport in Dubai?

Thanks for any help

If you are flying either Emirates Airlines (home Base in Dubai) or Etihad (home Base in Abu Dhabi), they both have frequently running free coach shuttles between the airports and a few downtown locations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.

Info from the airlines and/or their websites.

A taxi would cost around $120 / 140.

The website http://www.rome2rio.com usually has hood tips for stuff like this as well.

If you are flying either Emirates Airlines (home Base in Dubai) or Etihad (home Base in Abu Dhabi), they both have frequently running free coach shuttles between the airports and a few downtown locations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.

Info from the airlines and/or their websites.

A taxi would cost around $120 / 140.

The website http://www.rome2rio.com usually has hood tips for stuff like this as well.

Thanks for the info. We won't be flying either Emirates or Etihad so it looks as if it would have to be a taxi. The couple of hundred dollars (CAD) to do that would still be a savings on the air fare.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just went back and looked at some old expense reports - doesn't look like I ever paid more than $85 to go to/from Abu Dhabi and DXB

Hi Michelle, Did you use a taxi or a private transport company when traveling from Dubai to Abu Dhabi? Do your receipts indicate the name of the company? I'm in the process of organizing our transport for a December cruise departing Abu Dhabi. Thanks!

I just went back and looked at some old expense reports - doesn't look like I ever paid more than $85 to go to/from Abu Dhabi and DXB

It is about 420 dirhams from DXB to Abu Dhabi cruise port.

Airport to Airport is about 330 AED.