Rumours about 2018

Presto2

Sorry if this has been covered while we have been away. I can't believe I am asking this in August, but as the new itineraries are coming out soon, has anyone got any gossip about possible cruises for Summer 2018. Just thought it might help our Post Cruise Blues if we thought ahead .....

The only thing I have seen so far is that Ventura and Britannia are in Gibraltar in July and August but that's to be expected as they always go into Gibraltar. I keep checking on a certain cruise site to see if they have been leaked but nothing so far. x

The only thing I have seen so far is that Ventura and Britannia are in Gibraltar in July and August but that's to be expected as they always go into Gibraltar. I keep checking on a certain cruise site to see if they have been leaked but nothing so far. x

Have been checking other ports but they don't seem to have their schedules up. Not as well organised as Gibraltar :)

As gossip would have it there will be a number of cruises to the Mediterranean, a few to the Canaries, several to Norway and Fjords, Iberia of course, quite a number of 2 to 4 nighters across the channel, Caribbean itineraries are not lightly but a couple of New York 24 nighters are expected, no Istanbul or Turkey visits are envisaged. Oh! but a round Britain cruise could be on the cards and, there is a rumour of a cruise to Madagascar, but it is only a rumour.

The dates will be revealed shortly.

Hope this helps,:):)

Bal

As gossip would have it there will be a number of cruises to the Mediterranean, a few to the Canaries, several to Norway and Fjords, Iberia of course, quite a number of 2 to 4 nighters across the channel, Caribbean itineraries are not lightly but a couple of New York 24 nighters are expected, no Istanbul or Turkey visits are envisaged. Oh! but a round Britain cruise could be on the cards and, there is a rumour of a cruise to Madagascar, but it is only a rumour.

The dates will be revealed shortly.

Hope this helps,:):)

Bal

Much of the same then I suppose :-) On Oceana last week the cruise rep. told us that the new itineraries for Oceana would probably stay for about 3 years - which is what we expected. Interesting re Turkey as we are down to go there in 2017 and are hoping that they move the port to Rhodes .....

:)

If pre-registration commences on 5th Sept. then its about time P&O issued the itineraries to allow anyone interested to check them out.

Just what I was thinking. Surely the perfect time to issue them is just when a lot of folk are returning from a cruise and have a Bank Holiday weekend to relax and do their research. Or perhaps that's just me.

Sorry but cannot see what the rush is to book a cruise in 2018 a lot can happen between now and then.

Oh, I know that, and won't be booking yet. Am just curious re the cruises they are doing and just enjoy the research side of things. Keeps me quiet :)

Having said that, each to their own and some folk may want to book early and may have a special occasions in 2018. P&O wouldn't be letting people book so early if they didn't think that people would book them now. I think they have lost out to other cruise lines in the past, like Celebrity, who have released their cruises much earlier than them.

Sorry but cannot see what the rush is to book a cruise in 2018 a lot can happen between now and then.

Bit stuck if you are restricted to the cabins you can book and they soon sell out. That it what the rush is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Like Dai, we're booked right through to 2018 .. hey D see you on Ventura then. Oh! also Arcadia this October. Ha!

We book early to ensure we get the right suite, even so, when the 17/18 brochure came out at the end of March someone beat us to our first choice in 2018 even though the cruise was almost 2 years ahead, probably Dai.

Bal

Like Dai, we're booked right through to 2018 .. hey D see you on Ventura then. Oh! also Arcadia this October. Ha!

We book early to ensure we get the right suite, even so, when the 17/18 brochure came out at the end of March someone beat us to our first choice in 2018 even though the cruise was almost 2 years ahead, probably Dai.

Bal

:) :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Much of the same then I suppose :-) On Oceana last week the cruise rep. told us that the new itineraries for Oceana would probably stay for about 3 years - which is what we expected. Interesting re Turkey as we are down to go there in 2017 and are hoping that they move the port to Rhodes .....

:)

We are also booked on Oceana, 2017, fly out to Malta. But Rhodes is already one of the ports along with Aphesus, Turkey. But Santorini would be a nice substitute if they drop Turkey

We are also booked on Oceana, 2017, fly out to Malta. But Rhodes is already one of the ports along with Aphesus, Turkey. But Santorini would be a nice substitute if they drop Turkey

We've done Ephesus a few times and really want to visit Rhodes or Santorini again. We couldn't find a cruise we could do that did both of these in one go .... not that we are bring too picky at all. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Oh, I know that, and won't be booking yet. Am just curious re the cruises they are doing and just enjoy the research side of things. Keeps me quiet :)

Having said that, each to their own and some folk may want to book early and may have a special occasions in 2018. P&O wouldn't be letting people book so early if they didn't think that people would book them now. I think they have lost out to other cruise lines in the past, like Celebrity, who have released their cruises much earlier than them.

Yes, we have a Silver Wedding anniversary in 2018 so wanted to be sure we got exactly the cruise we want, well in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

YIPPPPPEEEE

Just booked a 7 night cruise on Oceana for 2018 to the Eastern Med. It is very special as it will be the first time that my brother and his wife (who are coming with us) have been on a cruise and they are way beyond excited :):)

Fab deal from our TA which meant that we got an additional 10% off all of P&O's offers :)

Happy tonight.

I can imagine!

We'd love to do a fly cruise on Oceana and see the Med again but I hate flying therefore I have vowed to never do a fly cruise again (totally not being a burden to my family :rolleyes: )

Dan :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hate flying to. Terrible way to travel,,but the world is a big place and I wanna see it all! I can cope with up to 3 hours reasonably well now but anything over that would have to be really really worth it for me,,I'd never fly for hours just for a beach. I'd love to go to Cyprus but it's about 5 hours innit,,too long for just a beach! My husband has the travel bug so we compromise,,I fly,,he sails,,we have a week on a Spanish beach! Give and take,,but I still hate it!

I hate flying to. Terrible way to travel,,but the world is a big place and I wanna see it all! I can cope with up to 3 hours reasonably well now but anything over that would have to be really really worth it for me,,I'd never fly for hours just for a beach. I'd love to go to Cyprus but it's about 5 hours innit,,too long for just a beach! My husband has the travel bug so we compromise,,I fly,,he sails,,we have a week on a Spanish beach! Give and take,,but I still hate it!

I am not a happy flyer either ! It is what gets me from where I am to where I want to go! Hate take off and landing .... groan. Having said that, if it takes me to my lovely cruise ships then I can cope.

Having said that, I can understand anyone who hates it and avoids flying.

I'm not keen on flying either. I don't think that Cyprus can be anything like as much as a five hour flight, though. I've just come back from Croatia, which isn't that much nearer, and it's only about two and a half hours. So if you look up the flight time from London to Nicosia you might get a pleasant surprise.

I'm not keen on flying either. I don't think that Cyprus can be anything like as much as a five hour flight, though. I've just come back from Croatia, which isn't that much nearer, and it's only about two and a half hours. So if you look up the flight time from London to Nicosia you might get a pleasant surprise.

Sorry, but we've done Cyprus about 7 times and it is about a 4 and a half hour / 5 hour flight. It is further away than you think... from Manchester!

Sorry, but we've done Cyprus about 7 times and it is about a 4 and a half hour / 5 hour flight. It is further away than you think... from Manchester!

Ah, does Cappers also come from up north? I should have thought of that possibility. I can see how that could easily add an hour or more to the flight times compared to flying from Heathrow or Gatwick.