Inside Cabin to Outside Cabin upgrade

danielundecided

Hi all, on our cruise next April on Ventura we are currently booked in a PE grade inside cabin. We are only just above the Havana nightclub so want to move to ensure we can sleep well, and in addition we can upgrade to an outside cabin for £300 total for four people, so I think it's worth the money for a window and natural light.

Could I ask if there is any actual size difference between the inside and outside cabins? I don't believe there is but i couldn't say for sure.

Also, to upgrade is it not possible to email them or do we HAVE to ring up P&O's 0843 number and sit on hold for 30 minutes minimum? Thanks

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If moving away from Havana is the issue you could simply try to get relocated to a different inside cabin for four on alternative deck or area.

Generally cabins are of the same size unless you upgrade to deluxe balcony or higher grade. There is however an exception on Ventura; Larger Size Inside with Shower grade "OB" on Riviera Deck. There are six of these on the ship and I am thinking if you wanted to buy in to one they may upgrade someone out.

Alternatively go for a window. If it was me I would be thinking Balcony with four travelling. No extra space apart from balcony area and an airy place to sit in pairs.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Unfortunately John all of the PE grades are sold out :rolleyes: but we think we may go with an outside anyway. Regarding a balcony we don't normally go for balcony cabins as when we did we found we didn't spend much time on it and therefore couldn't justify the cost. I'll give P&O a ring now if they're not shut already

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to resurrect this (I never got through to P&O); they're now pricing the outside cabins LESS than what we paid for our PE inside cabin in August. For an upgrade could we theoretically get an upgrade for free or am I applying the wrong rules?

Dan

Hate to resurrect this (I never got through to P&O); they're now pricing the outside cabins LESS than what we paid for our PE inside cabin in August. For an upgrade could we theoretically get an upgrade for free or am I applying the wrong rules?

Dan

The upgrade cost will be based on the price difference at the time of your original booking, not based on the current price.

So what have you decided to do.

This is why some people always pick the actual cabin. Hopefully with cabins above and below to ensure a quiet night.

You cannot downgrade your cabin to get a better position, you can only upgrade and any prices will be as when you booked, not what they are selling them for now (welcome to the world of fluid pricing).

If the worst comes to the worst you could either cancel (lose your deposit) and rebook at current rates (you would have to do the maths to see if that works out) or ask if you can transfer you booking over to another cruise (has to be the same price or more)

If all else fails OH swears by silicone ear plugs...he cannot hear a thing with them.

Not much help but I always take eat fit earplugs, they don't hurt like some do. For years I brought them in Boots and they were quite pricey, but I've found you can buy them in individual packets on Amazon and they are cheap as chips. I think I paid £9 for 50 pairs.

Dan

This type of anomaly arises because the cruise line like to have the full range of cabin types available all the time if possible. Where a type, e.g. outside is virtually sold out it might be offered at a more expensive rate than a balcony. Theoretically someone might want to pay the premium for a lesser type of cabin in 99% of peoples minds.

Sadly moving up grades or types of cabin after a booking has been made; is as has already been mentioned, at the tariff applying at the time the original booking was made.

Regards John