Harbour Lights

lilaclabrador

Hi. We're thinking of going here on one of our Barbados days at the end of our cruise (TA 21/10). I've contacted them to ask about reserving a couple of sun loungers and an umbrella as I've heard it can be busy, particularly as we want to be close to the sea edge. They've replied and sent a form for me to complete with credit card details- has anybody done this? Is it safe to give this info out? Thanks in advance.

Hi. We're thinking of going here on one of our Barbados days at the end of our cruise (TA 21/10). I've contacted them to ask about reserviung a couple of sun loungers and an umbrella as I've heard it can be busy, particularly as we want to be close to the sea edge. They've replied and sent a form for me to complete with credit card details- has anybody done this? Is it safe to give this info out? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps it's got busier in the last few years but it was very quiet when we went - absolutely no pressure at all. We went relatively early in the day to make the most of our time there but it never got too busy or indeed busy at all either on the beach or in the bar /restaurant area. (Just asked DH to see if I was remembering it correctly and he has the same recollection - there was hardly anyone else there!) Of course it may have become more popular but it's the Boatyard where most people head to and is more lively.

Might be worth checking how many other ships are in on that day. And don't forget that your ship will only have about 50% of the passengers being free for the whole day as on each of the two days in Barbados about half the passenger load will be involved in arriving/departing. I wonder if it gets busier in the evenings? There's a fairly extensive stretch of beach there too. I will also be very interested to know if it does get very busy these days as it's worth knowing.

But I'd be reluctant to pay up front for beach chairs and umbrellas although that's perhaps a bit unfair as I have no experience or reason to believe that it would be unwise to do so.

Edited by kruzseeka