Aurora - Back to Back Cruise Advice

cruisefan2012

Will be sailing on Aurora on R809 to Norway, Iceland, Ireland followed by R810 to Belgium, Holland. I jumped early and managed to bag the same cabin for both cruises, so luckily and thankfully wont have to move cabins on the 2nd cruise

I`m aware that I will have to go to reception to claim my 2nd cruise card for the 2nd cruise

What have other people done on a back to back?...

Edited by cruisefan2012

Will be sailing on Aurora on R809 to Norway, Iceland, Ireland followed by R810 to Belgium, Holland. I jumped early and managed to bag the same cabin for both cruises, so luckily and thankfully wont have to move cabins on the 2nd cruise

I`m aware that I will have to go to reception to claim my 2nd cruise card for the 2nd cruise

What have other people done on a back to back?...

We have just done one on Aurora.

Personally I went off and did laundry while everywhere was quiet. Arranged with room steward when he would like access to our cabin (he did all the other cabins first, so they were ready for the new boarders) I think OH did not a lot.

After that we sat on the balcony for a while to watch the hive of activity going on, then it was time for lunch.

After lunch went back to cabin while chaos went on around.

Any OBS from the 1st cruise has to be spent by the end of the first cruise-it cannot be carried over.

There is a very special feeling on a B2B when you are one of the very few staying onboard.

If they so wish they could get off the ship and wander round Southampton. They would not have to join the new boarders queue. I think you use the crew entrance/exit ,but as we have never done it. I do not know where that is.

'What have other people done?' - Thoroughly enjoyed it!!

B2B's are wonderful! Everyone else having to pack the day before you arrive in Southampton; wearing what you want down to dinner that evening; not having to worry about getting up particularly early; walking through the throngs of people waiting with bags to get off that morning ........ I could go on!! :D

We had to move cabin so spent some time re-arranging stuff, but it was fabulous to walk around with all the Room Stewards cleaning out cabins knowing it didn't affect us! I'm afraid we went straight to the bar at 12 noon when they opened and watched everyone coming on board - fantastic experience.

Enjoy yourself! :)

Hi have done two back to backs last one this summer on Azura.

Booked early and managed to keep same cabin so no moving involved.

Leisurely breakfast then swap cruise cards and disembarked by crew gangway.

Got taxi outside terminal to Town £7 and had a few hours in Southampton with free wi fi in Marks and Spencer along with a bit of shopping.Then back to ship by taxi another£7 then back on ship all before 12 noon then watched as people boarded and felt very special. Have a wonderful time on Aurora she is a lovely ship.