P&O Aurora inside cabin

izzywalker

Can anyone advise what an inside cabin - PF deck A is like?

As we are retired now and wish to continue cruising we need to book an inside cabin as it is more affordable for us.

Can you tell me your experiences of inside cabins on Aurora and advise of cabin numbers you stayed in - which were OK and which to avoid. Thank you

I've stayed in several inside cabins on Aurora - A307 in 2008 - its under the sterns bar area so was a little noisy late night (chairs being dragged back into place as the bar shut I think) - but very convenient for getting out onto the stern to get to the outside world.

Many A deck cabins are liable for noise from the Horizon (buffet) and pool areas when people move furniture, and staff clean up or set up for the day. Though I'm sure we've had balcony cabins on A deck (a295 or a195?), still under the venues, and they've been ok .

Then in 2013 we had a C deck inside- towards the front I think - it was quieter :).

Any cabin below public spaces have the capacity for noise from above (and like wise cabins above public areas - On Oceana, above the show lounge, I was able to get ready for dinner singing to the music from an early show :) )

I've never travelled on Aurora but looked at cruises for my parents - if you can go for a PE a C deck cabin such as C173 or C147 would be ideal as there are cabin decks above and below, meanwhile they're not too far forward.

For A deck I would say it is the same protocol; try the cabins closest to the lifts/stairs and keep searching for an available cabin, working forwards until there is one available. I would try to not go further than A131 as there are no more cabins over the top of the others. To be fair all of them should be OK but get as close to the middle of the ship as you can for a PF grade to minimise movement.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you cruisers for taking the time to respond.

Dan you mention Deck C PE these cabins are forward on Aurora but thanks for your comments.

We intend to go for PF cabin at the front - just doing a 7 night cruise to see how we get on with inside cabin.

• 5 months later...