Early AM Departure

ElizabethA

Hi,

I have just booked the Black Watch, Norwegian Fjord cruise for next June. The Itinerary indicates Early AM Departure. Do any of you know what time this may be? Would it be advisable to book a hotel for the night before the cruise, as Dover is a 4 hour plus drive for us.

Any advice will be useful. Thank You

Hi,

I have just booked the Black Watch, Norwegian Fjord cruise for next June. The Itinerary indicates Early AM Departure. Do any of you know what time this may be? Would it be advisable to book a hotel for the night before the cruise, as Dover is a 4 hour plus drive for us.

Any advice will be useful. Thank You

Hi Elizabeth

I have cruised many times with Fred Olsen and never experienced an "early AM" departure so I can only suggest you call them and ask but I think it will be a typo as the ship arrives in from Malaga "early AM" on 5/6 and there is no way they could turn around that quick.

In response to your recent post the following information regarding our itinerary times can be found in our Worldwide brochure 2015/2016 on page 38.

They are as follows:

Period

Arrive or Depart from

Early am

05:00-10:00

Late am

10:00 - 12:00

Early pm

12:00-15:30

Late pm

15:30 - 19:00

Late night

19:00 onwards

We hope this helps.

Regards F.OCL

Edited by Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

If your cruise is the one leaving Dover on 5-6-16 it certainly does say an early am departure. This does seem very strange.

I am wondering if for some reason, the ship is leaving early am the day after you embark. Or it could well be a mistype at this stage, we have had cruises before where times and even ports are incorrectly entered on their website initially. Even what is in your manage my cruises section can be wrong, (or gets corrupted at times), but the details seem to be accessible correctly by the staff in the office.

If I was you, I would be inclined to ring and ask specifically about your cruise. The official response here by Fred seemed to be about general times and what the terms mean.

Edited by tring