USA Boarder Control

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:58 AM.
Europe
652 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Originally posted by The_Big_M
Welcome to the new US, non-welcoming regime.
It's not really new, they've always been a bit surly at the border and this is why my English husband has never been back "home" with me. I refuse to subject him to US border control, and I refuse to spend our money over there. I was right to move abroad when I did.
Up North
924 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I've never ever had any problems with US or any other border " controls" and I would venture to say that 99% of people have not either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
4 Star Mariner on HAL
Elite on Princess and Cunard
lost my standing on Costa due to not cruising lately.
Gold Coast
9,426 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Lucy Jane
I've never ever had any problems with US or any other border " controls" and I would venture to say that 99% of people have not either.
Sent from my iPad using Forums
If you are an international visitor to the US be grateful you have never ever had any problems.

I just received an email from my daughter, who is flying to JFK via LAX next week, "No joking with US Immigration!".

That is sad, as it didn't used to be like that, quite the contrary when I originally visited the US the "friendly American" was my introduction to the States.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marion
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2014 - Ushuaia to Antarctica, via Falkland Islands and South Georgia Islands.
Princess - Ocean Princess - 2013 - Dover to Iceland and Norway, via Shetland and Faroe Islands.

Princess - Ocean Princess - 2012 - Singapore to Sydney
Fred Olsen Black Watch - 2012 - The Baltic, with Norway. Dover to St. Petersburg, via Kiel Canal.
Celebrity Century - 2011 - Auckland to Sydney

CTMA Vacancier - 2011 - Montreal to Magdalen Islands. Amtrak - Toronto to New York
MSC - Poesia - 2010 - Kiel, Germany to NY. Amtrak NY to Niagara Falls, VIA Rail Toronto to Vancouver
MSC - Lirica - 2008 - Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - 2007 - Honolulu to Sydney
Rivers of Holland Cruise - 2003 - to Amsterdam
Alaskan Marine Highway - 2003 - to most Alaskan ports of call
Star Cruises - Superstar Leo - 2003 - Sydney to Darwin
Norwegian Coastal Voyage - Naruik - 2002 - Bergen to Kirkenes
Angelina Lauro - 1971 - Sydney to Perth. Indian Pacific - Perth to Sydney (Put me off cruising for 30 years!)

P & O - Chusan - 1970 - London to Brisbane, via Africa, India and Sri Lanka (Suez closed).
Chandris Lines - Queen Frederica - 1969 - Sydney to London, via Panama, New York and Rotterdam
South Australia
7,893 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
We've never joked with immigration in the US. Just line up and get processed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Queen Mary 2 2013, 2014, 2017
Liberty of the Seas 2012
Celebrity Equinox 2014 and 2015
Diamond Princess December 2016
Celebrity Silhouette July 2017
Oriana 1980
Princess Dawn 2013
Gold Coast
9,426 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Pushka
We've never joked with immigration in the US. Just line up and get processed.
Oh yes, she knows that from a young age.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marion
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2014 - Ushuaia to Antarctica, via Falkland Islands and South Georgia Islands.
Princess - Ocean Princess - 2013 - Dover to Iceland and Norway, via Shetland and Faroe Islands.

Princess - Ocean Princess - 2012 - Singapore to Sydney
Fred Olsen Black Watch - 2012 - The Baltic, with Norway. Dover to St. Petersburg, via Kiel Canal.
Celebrity Century - 2011 - Auckland to Sydney

CTMA Vacancier - 2011 - Montreal to Magdalen Islands. Amtrak - Toronto to New York
MSC - Poesia - 2010 - Kiel, Germany to NY. Amtrak NY to Niagara Falls, VIA Rail Toronto to Vancouver
MSC - Lirica - 2008 - Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - 2007 - Honolulu to Sydney
Rivers of Holland Cruise - 2003 - to Amsterdam
Alaskan Marine Highway - 2003 - to most Alaskan ports of call
Star Cruises - Superstar Leo - 2003 - Sydney to Darwin
Norwegian Coastal Voyage - Naruik - 2002 - Bergen to Kirkenes
Angelina Lauro - 1971 - Sydney to Perth. Indian Pacific - Perth to Sydney (Put me off cruising for 30 years!)

P & O - Chusan - 1970 - London to Brisbane, via Africa, India and Sri Lanka (Suez closed).
Chandris Lines - Queen Frederica - 1969 - Sydney to London, via Panama, New York and Rotterdam
Sydney, Australia
1,347 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by Lucy Jane
Same for us, and I have travelled there many times. There are always two sides to every story.
Although, as someone posted, joking with them is not well received!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming
Explorer OTS Mar/Apr '18 - Pacific Islands

======================
Completed
Sun Princess Mar/Apr '17 - Round Australia
Carnival Legend Dec'16/Jan'17 - New Year Cruise - Pacific Islands
Legend OTS Nov '16 Cruisin'Country#6
Explorer OTS Mar/Apr '16 - Pacific Islands & NZ
Carnival Spirit Oct/Nov '15 - Melbourne Cup Cruise
Voyager OTS Oct-Nov '13, Feb '15