Eurodam Viking Passage September 2015 Review

TeDaKi

Got here from your Spain review. We're on the July 2 Viking Passage with a very similar itinerary. Thank you for your amazing pictures and information.

Glad you liked my report. I really hope you enjoy your upcoming Viking Passage cruise...I'd love to do it again!!

Glad you liked my report. I really hope you enjoy your upcoming Viking Passage cruise...I'd love to do it again!!

I loved your report on the Viking cruise. I see that you are on the 2017 Antarctica cruise. It's fabulous!! We did it a few months ago the opposite direction from which you are doing it, and I'm still thinking about doing the cruise you are on again.

I loved your report on the Viking cruise. I see that you are on the 2017 Antarctica cruise. It's fabulous!! We did it a few months ago the opposite direction from which you are doing it, and I'm still thinking about doing the cruise you are on again.

We booked the Antarctica cruise after coming home from the Viking Passage cruise. After sailing through Prince Christian Sound, we said to ourselves "we just have to go to Antarctica now!"

We booked the Antarctica cruise after coming home from the Viking Passage cruise. After sailing through Prince Christian Sound, we said to ourselves "we just have to go to Antarctica now!"

Yes the fjords are excellent as is the penguin, whale, and sea lion watching. In the Chilean/Argentinian fjords there are some very photogenic shipwrecks as well as dozens and dozens of glaciers.

Another scenic fjord area is the Milford Sound on the south island of New Zealand. There's some amazing cruising there as well.

BTW we traveled in Ireland last year for 10 days on our motorcycle, but the trip was far too short. We think we might return in 2017 to spend a month or so traveling around with a focus more on the southern portion.

Again, thanks for sharing your trip. We sailed on the Eurodam in November after you when it did a voyage in the Eastern Caribbean.

Yes the fjords are excellent as is the penguin, whale, and sea lion watching. In the Chilean/Argentinian fjords there are some very photogenic shipwrecks as well as dozens and dozens of glaciers.

Another scenic fjord area is the Milford Sound on the south island of New Zealand. There's some amazing cruising there as well.

BTW we traveled in Ireland last year for 10 days on our motorcycle, but the trip was far too short. We think we might return in 2017 to spend a month or so traveling around with a focus more on the southern portion.

Again, thanks for sharing your trip. We sailed on the Eurodam in November after you when it did a voyage in the Eastern Caribbean.

Sounds like Antarctica/South America will be a great trip...can't wait!!! Definitely come back and visit our Emerald Isle...there is so much to see here!!

• 4 weeks later...

We are looking forward to this itinerary (except ending in Boston) in 2017. Is there any reason to book a cabin on one side of the ship or the other for views or does the ship mostly sail too far out to see land around Iceland and Greenland? (And I suspect we'll also follow this cruise with the S. American one in another couple of years!)

We are looking forward to this itinerary (except ending in Boston) in 2017. Is there any reason to book a cabin on one side of the ship or the other for views or does the ship mostly sail too far out to see land around Iceland and Greenland? (And I suspect we'll also follow this cruise with the S. American one in another couple of years!)

I was on this cruise. I had a "port" side cabin. IMHO If I had to do over again I would take a "starboard" side cabin. As you travel North everything seemed to be on the starboard side including the viewing of the northern lights which some saw and some did not over the course of two nights. But if you had a cabin with balcony on starboard you would not even have to leave your cabin to see the northern lights. Granted, the better view would be on deck but we saw them late at nights and the photo opportunity was limited at best. I would suggest researching some of the reviews done by myself and others as you may gain some great information about independent tours, places to visit ports that you may just want to stay onboard ship and relax. I had a great cruise and it took a lot of planning but I enjoyed at greatly. Met a lot of nice CC folks. If there was a negative about this cruise I would say it was the independent tour in Greenland. Like the year before us we had similar problems and the tour was canceled after much anguish.

bob

• 1 month later...
I thought your review with pictures was wonderful. Do you have any pictures of your cabin you would like to share?

Thank you! I don't have any pics of our cabin ... I was way too busy taking photos of the beautiful scenery outside! :D

Just re-read your review in anticipation of our Viking Passage on Zuiderdam next month. Thanks to your details and photos I feel like we know these ports already. Looking forward to enjoying the scenery from our aft facing balcony :) Thanks again for your great report.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone: We just returned from a TA cruise early because we both got very sick. (Spent over $3,000 on the ships' medical clinic). We didn't get to enjoy the beautiful city of Copenhagen. I had pre purchased 2 - 72 hour Copenhagen Cards and never used them. They have not been activated. They include all forms of transportation, Front of the line tickets to all the major tourist attractions, including Trivoli, museums, castles and canal rides plus discounts to restaurants, etc.

If you want a great deal, I am willing to sell both for $125 plus I will pay to overnight them VIA UPS. I can only ship them in the US because it is way too expensive to ship to Europe. If interested, please email me at eddingsma@gmail.com and I will email pictures the cards and all the documents. Thanks. Have a great cruise and stay well! Marilyn Eddings

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...
Day 21: New York continued ...

Because our disembarkation time was 10:00AM, we had lots of time to spare, so we went to back to bed. I actually fell asleep for about an hour and was awoken by the first disembarkation group announcement at 07:00AM.

We went up to the Lido at 08:30AM and had a slow breakfast and it was nice and quiet...most people had already gotten off.

Breakfast, admiring the Manhattan skyline:

P1070631_zpscsje1iv9.jpg

P1070648_zpstgwwqxfa.jpg

P1070662_zpsvimo3woo.jpg

While going back to our room, we noticed that the majority of rooms were already vacated. We then got all of our belongings and left the room to go to the Queen’s Lounge to wait for our number to be called. There was a slight delay but we were eventually off by 10:20AM, saying goodbye to the Eurodam.

We picked up our luggage, went through customs and immigration and were out on the street at around 11:10AM waiting for a taxi to JFK. We got to JFK, but our flight wasn't leaving until 18:35 with British Airways, so we just waited around for the flight. The time went quickly as we were all reminiscing about our fantastic time on the Eurodam and looking back at our photos. After a quick 6 hour flight to London, we arrived there the next morning and connected for our 50 minute flight to Dublin. We were home by midday, tired from all the travelling.

We are home now, feeling sorry for ourselves, having to make the bed and cook our own meals! Oh well, time to go cruise shopping and look forward to another cruise!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it! My first trip report completed. I hope you enjoyed it.

See you all again very soon!

John

John,

Thank you so much for your detailed and informative journal! We are sailing on the Zuiderdam on the Viking Passage Aug 24 of this year on a similar itinerary. You have made us even more excited about our upcoming journey.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

John,

Thank you so much for your detailed and informative journal! We are sailing on the Zuiderdam on the Viking Passage Aug 24 of this year on a similar itinerary. You have made us even more excited about our upcoming journey.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

You're welcome! I hope you have a fantastic time. It's still my favourite cruise I have taken so far!