Oosterdam bathroom question

travellovers2

Since this is an old ship, I would like to come prepared.

Do they have liquid soap bottles/pump or bar soap on this ship?

What about shampoo? Do they have those shampoo bottles/pumps in the shower?

If not, we want to get some in Barcelona and come prepared.

Thank you. :)

You are welcome.

We were first introduced to the Elemis products back in 2005 -- mid-cruise. My DH takes many medications and we have no idea which medication suddenly caused him to break out in a rash from the Elemis shampoo and soaps. We had used HAL's Royal products for years and never had a problem.

In the shower area there are 3 bottles (pump style) -- one is shampoo, one is conditioner, and the third one is shower gel.

On the sink is a small, round bar of white soap.

I am not a fan of Elemis products so I bring my own stuff.

BTW - what Krazy Kruizers says about the shower and sink soaps is across all of HAL ships - not just the Oosterdam. Also, if you want the bar soap for the shower just ask your cabin steward. They also provide small bottle of hand lotion.

one thing,

Oosterdam is NOT an old ship, but a modern vessel built in 2003.

Where did you get the idea she is old?!

Well, if it was built in 2003 that sounds like it has had a lot of use and I read here that it was showing signs of wear and tear, but if not, then I stand corrected and I look forward to experiencing a 2003 modern vessel. :D

To us it's all about the itinerary, which is what is attracting us to HAL, but from our experience "older" ships sometimes don't have the amenities newer ships have, so we like to go prepared. :)

BTW - what Krazy Kruizers says about the shower and sink soaps is across all of HAL ships - not just the Oosterdam. Also, if you want the bar soap for the shower just ask your cabin steward. They also provide small bottle of hand lotion.

No, I actually want the liquid soap :) I always bring my spongy hoping that's what they have, but since we'll be in Barcelona, we can go to El Corte Ingles and get all our stuff there.