Too excited.......

I think there is something wrong with me, all I can think about is the cruise we're going on, and its not even happening for another 9 months. All I do is look up video's of the ship, the food, the entertainments, reviews and tips and info about cruising, I'm too excited for it. Of course its my first cruise. Did anyone else feel like this about their first cruise or any cruise they go on, or is it just me, being obsessed? lol.:D:o

Yes, I was exactly the same! Fortunately I only had to wait two months.

But - it doesn't go away after your cruise! All you will do is look up new ships and new itineraries to go on!!

I just hope I am not disappointed with the cruise, as its very expensive and its the only holiday we will be going on for a long while after!! I don't expect everything to be perfect, but just not to the point that I am writing a bad review, I hate writing bad reviews for anything! I have read reviews that Carnival Spirit, since its refurbishment, has come along way in better service and food, I just hope it has. i cannot WAIT.:D

I think there is something wrong with me, all I can think about is the cruise we're going on, and its not even happening for another 9 months. All I do is look up video's of the ship, the food, the entertainments, reviews and tips and info about cruising, I'm too excited for it. Of course its my first cruise. Did anyone else feel like this about their first cruise or any cruise they go on, or is it just me, being obsessed? lol.:D:o

Our next cruise is the 6th time we've done virtually the same itinerary (done a few others as well) the one after will be the 7th, still as excited as possible, still working out what to do each port.

Did anyone else feel like this about their first cruise or any cruise they go on, or is it just me, being obsessed? lol.:D:o

Unfortunately the excitement never goes, you'll be back after the first saving madly for the next.

Only 340 sleeps to my next one. Woohoo!!:D

The first cruise I booked was for 54 nights and I was super excited, my next cruise will be number 11 and is for 2 nights and I'm still excited about that one :)

So you aren't alone and this is the right place to ask any questions.

Just be careful cruising as I found out after our first one is addictive but wow what an addiction hmmm now when's our next trip Ah I remember now three months to go and the clock is ticking down just cant wait.

I just hope I am not disappointed with the cruise, as its very expensive and its the only holiday we will be going on for a long while after!! I don't expect everything to be perfect, but just not to the point that I am writing a bad review, I hate writing bad reviews for anything! I have read reviews that Carnival Spirit, since its refurbishment, has come along way in better service and food, I just hope it has. i cannot WAIT.:D

I went on the Spirit before the upgrades and loved it, so I'm sure she's even better now. I would love to try Guys Burgers & Blue Iguana.

Unless there's some kind of huge comedy of errors, it's unlikely you'll be disappointed. Attitude is everything, don't sweat the small stuff (as some reviewers seem to do!!) and you'll have a great time!

I still feel excited but usually closer to the sail date, but our next cruise is on Royal's new ship Ovation so that one has me more excited than usual, especially with all the reviews etc of her inaugural sailing just finished. :)

I think there is something wrong with me, all I can think about is the cruise we're going on, and its not even happening for another 9 months. All I do is look up video's of the ship, the food, the entertainments, reviews and tips and info about cruising, I'm too excited for it. Of course its my first cruise. Did anyone else feel like this about their first cruise or any cruise they go on, or is it just me, being obsessed? lol

...................ah we have a forum for the "obsessed" - upon your return you will be able to join. We start our meetings with an introduction. You will open with: "My name is SpiritAngel77......and I am a Cruise Addict" :D:D

You'll get all the support you need here. :p;)

Don't go aiming high and you won't be disappointed. Go open minded and soak it all up. Enjoy :)

Unfortunately the excitement never goes, you'll be back after the first saving madly for the next.

Only 340 sleeps to my next one. Woohoo!!:D

You say unfortunately I say fortunately

I could not possibly wait 9 months, have a good look at the last minute cruises and get a fix quick, like next week. ;)

Yeah I booked nearly a year out this time, a mistake I think. frantically looking for something mid year.

...................ah we have a forum for the "obsessed" - upon your return you will be able to join. We start our meetings with an introduction. You will open with: "My name is SpiritAngel77......and I am a Cruise Addict" :D:D

Love it :D

I was on the Spirit before the refurbishments and absolutely loved her then, I want to cruise on her again just to see what's changed!

The excitement doesn't go! I'm going on my second cruise (my SO's first, he is so excited) in June and I can't wait!! Have been counting down since I booked it (was 167 days then- now it's 54 days!).

Everyone's experience is different on a ship but I do hope you have a wonderful time! The Spirit is a great ship :D

I learned to embrace my obsession. Booked our first cruise just over a year before sailing (Dec. 2008) and in that year I collected dozens of videos and pictures of the ship (Diamond Princess) and spent hours reading reviews on line and of course Cruise Critic.

We had a great CC group on this cruise and several had their next cruise booked (we were so envious) but we said we had no idea when we'd be able to cruise again.

We left the ship soooo depressed and miserable after having such a fantastic time.

A month later I had booked our next cruise......and we are now up to cruise 13!

So, as others have said. BEWARE! You'll think you will be able to stop after just one........................but you won't.;)

Enjoy your obsession.

Cheers

Stu

Edited by Stuartm

WOW, sounds like cruising isn't all that bad with some of you going on cruise after cruise, so now I AM excited, lol. Unfortunately due to lack of budget I don't know when our next cruise would be, if we ended up liking this one, plus my sister wants us to go to America, as she has always wanted to go there! Plus I have a son who has mild Autism and I am just hoping he will be fine on this cruise as he gets very anxious with new surroundings and such. He freaked out just having to get on the ferry from Queenscliff to Sorento a few years ago, that was scary as he had never freaked out like that before! But from what you all have said, has made me even more happier that we chose to go on a cruise instead of The Gold Coast for our holiday, plus I am looking forward to not having to cook for 9 nights, lol.:D

I took my granddaughter on a pacific cruise in January 2013, she has

since married and has booked a 10 night northern Australia cruise for

September and is hoping her DH loves cruising too, I think I have

created a cruising junckie.:D:D

I took my granddaughter on a pacific cruise in January 2013, she has

since married and has booked a 10 night northern Australia cruise for

September and is hoping her DH loves cruising too, I think I have

created a cruising junckie.:D:D

Hope she makes you pay, after all you got her hooked.

BTW you'll see we're coming back to Tassie, both of our next cruises.

My 15 year old daughter has CP and she has been on 11 cruises. There are always a few special needs children on board. When you board go and speak to Desi the Maitre de in the restaurant if you wish to dine there she will arrange a special table with great waiters you so you can all enjoy your dining experience.