MSC Divina All Inclusive Drinks: Should we get Classic or Premium?

Lmt0109

Sailing on the Divina in May. Previous cruisers, first time on MSC. Our party includes 2 adults, 4 kids, 2 infants. We're going to get a drinks package but can't decide what's the better all inclusive value. Classic or premium? Anyone have any experience or advice? Thanks so much! :)

Sailing on the Divina in May. Previous cruisers, first time on MSC. Our party includes 2 adults, 4 kids, 2 infants. We're going to get a drinks package but can't decide what's the better all inclusive value. Classic or premium? Anyone have any experience or advice? Thanks so much! :)

We had the premium on our last sailing and definitely got our money worth between the top shelf liquor,,pastries,gelato,,and coffee drinks we felt it was a great value. If we were traveling with our kids,,we would most likely choose the Classic only because we normally don't drink quite as much when we have them with us so it would make more sense to choose the lesser of the two packages.

What is the difference between the premium & classic drinks package?

Thats part of what I'm trying to ascertain. If I understand correctly, Premium basically includes all drinks on any menu for adults, premium liquor and specialty drinks, all the beers, all non-alcoholic drinks on any menu for kids, all coffee drinks, fresh juice at the spa bar, all the gelatos and special ice creams, all the chocolate specialties, the specialty/theme foods, the minibar in the cabin, and the bottled water in the cabin.

The basic is limited to well liquors, certain wines, ice cream in cones/cups, certain beers, and smoothies and coffees. No minibar, specialty items, or bottled water.

Can anyone verify this is correct? Am I missing anything?

In your circumstances, I'd say the classic package would be the best option - you can always pay for the other items as you go. It includes branded spirits, draught beers, cocktails and water (except the bottles in the cabin) as well as a limited choice of wines, 2 reds, 2 whites and sparkling plus the other items you've already indicated. The premium package offers a limited selection of better quality wines, champagne cocktails, bottled beer and includes room service menu items as well as what you've listed. I usually choose the premium but that's only because there are only 2 adults to pay for!

Edited by Beamafar

What is the difference between the premium & classic drinks package?

In my opinion the only choice is between the voucher route, (if u don't intend to indulge too much) or the premium. The difference in value for dollar between classic and premium (at least on Divina) was huge. Premium liquor, unlimited Gelato, pastries, use of the mini bar( excellent chocolate covered peanuts in there), the poolside nutella crepes. The most important aspect to me was there was no limit to price of drink you could order. Example - Goslings rum with gosling ginger beer, normally a 13 dollar drink, due to 6.50 upcharge for ginger beer... included, make it a double - 18.25 - included, double martini- made with vanilla vodka, 43 and lime juice - 23.00 included...but not in the classic. As far as kids, at least my kids, got far better value than my wife, unlimited coffee specialties, including Frappaccinos and many other delightful concoctions .... they also had Gelato Sundaes almost everyday, crepes, and virgin cocktails.......

all that being said, I found the prices on the Divina actually quite reasonable for the casual indulger.

In my opinion the only choice is between the voucher route, (if u don't intend to indulge too much) or the premium. The difference in value for dollar between classic and premium (at least on Divina) was huge. Premium liquor, unlimited Gelato, pastries, use of the mini bar( excellent chocolate covered peanuts in there), the poolside nutella crepes. The most important aspect to me was there was no limit to price of drink you could order. Example - Goslings rum with gosling ginger beer, normally a 13 dollar drink, due to 6.50 upcharge for ginger beer... included, make it a double - 18.25 - included, double martini- made with vanilla vodka, 43 and lime juice - 23.00 included...but not in the classic. As far as kids, at least my kids, got far better value than my wife, unlimited coffee specialties, including Frappaccinos and many other delightful concoctions .... they also had Gelato Sundaes almost everyday, crepes, and virgin cocktails.......

all that being said, I found the prices on the Divina actually quite reasonable for the casual indulger.

Thank you thank you thank you! This is EXACTLY what I wanted to know! So very helpful! We've really tried to work out the value and decided that we're willing to pay more for simply the convenience of not having to think, ok, is this included? Is that included? Will we have to pay an up charge? And I know my kids will be all over those Nutella crepes and smoothies. Thank you again!! This really helped us decide!

We were thinking of just buying the 18-Drink vouchers for $78. Price works out to just over $4/drink. Appears to be a good value. I assume it's also a limited selection, like the Classic All-Inclusive, correct ? Our TA also told us any unused vouchers can be used on a subsequent sailing. Since we are doing a B2B, that is helpful. :D

We were thinking of just buying the 18-Drink vouchers for $78. Price works out to just over $4/drink. Appears to be a good value. I assume it's also a limited selection, like the Classic All-Inclusive, correct ? Our TA also told us any unused vouchers can be used on a subsequent sailing. Since we are doing a B2B, that is helpful. :D

CORRECTION - 18-Drink vouchers for $84 on MSC Divina in the Caribbean or $4.67/drink. Still a good deal !

Thank you for this post! I didn't realize some of these were included (nutella crepes, food in the minibar)! We have already paid for the premium package for our cruise in June.

Can you confirm that you can start using it as soon as you board?

Thank you for this post! I didn't realize some of these were included (nutella crepes, food in the minibar)! We have already paid for the premium package for our cruise in June.

Can you confirm that you can start using it as soon as you board?

I can absolutely confirm you start using as soon as you get onboard. With premium, be sure to go to pastry area on deck 6 and have Gelato sundaes...awesome and patisserie has great offerings too, (unlimited) I'd get some everyday to bring to room for snacks as well, like almond dark chocolate, Sicilian cassata (sp?), French macaroons, you will love it. If you like Dark and Stormy's (black seal rum & ginger beer) they are the drink to make it all feel worthwhile, at 13 or so a pop, 18.25 for a double. But to answer your question, the first thing I did on board was get a drink at pool bar, before going into welcome aboard buffet.

• 2 weeks later...
I can absolutely confirm you start using as soon as you get onboard. With premium, be sure to go to pastry area on deck 6 and have Gelato sundaes...awesome and patisserie has great offerings too, (unlimited) I'd get some everyday to bring to room for snacks as well, like almond dark chocolate, Sicilian cassata (sp?), French macaroons, you will love it. If you like Dark and Stormy's (black seal rum & ginger beer) they are the drink to make it all feel worthwhile, at 13 or so a pop, 18.25 for a double. But to answer your question, the first thing I did on board was get a drink at pool bar, before going into welcome aboard buffet.

Thanks again so much for the info! Do you know if the pay for pizza is included?

Thats part of what I'm trying to ascertain. If I understand correctly, Premium basically includes all drinks on any menu for adults, premium liquor and specialty drinks, all the beers, all non-alcoholic drinks on any menu for kids, all coffee drinks, fresh juice at the spa bar, all the gelatos and special ice creams, all the chocolate specialties, the specialty/theme foods, the minibar in the cabin, and the bottled water in the cabin.

The basic is limited to well liquors, certain wines, ice cream in cones/cups, certain beers, and smoothies and coffees. No minibar, specialty items, or bottled water.

Can anyone verify this is correct? Am I missing anything?

Bottled water is freely available on the Classic package , but not the bottles in your cabin

It also includes draught beer

The wines are a choice of two reds, two whites, two sparkling, one rose and two dessert wines

It also includes a wide range of cocktails.

Pete

Edited by Skier52