Where are the Divina steel balconies located?

HappyTravels

I just booked a balcony on deck 11 and I know this is crazy, but I'm hoping it's the steel one. I am scared of heights and won't be able to go out there if it's the glass wall.

These eight cabins have steel balconies on deck 11

the steel balconies (red area :-there are a few at the rear).

If you press Ctrl and + (plus key) together it will expand the picture on your screen so you can view the writing as well

ctrl and - (minus key) to go back in size

balconies%20poitons%20B.jpg

The main bulk of steel balconies are on deck 8 and 9; NOT 9 and 10 as stated in the post above

There are a few uncoloured balconies , these are half glass half metal construction to the outer barrier, not true steel in-hull balconies

Hope yours is one of them

Edited by Skier52

We are in 11254.

I didn't book an ocean view because my husband and kids will enjoy the balcony.

This is where 11254 is in the ship

It has a plexiglass front

11254.jpg

Pete

Thanks for the great info! I'm debating trying to change my cabin to get a steel balcony. I used an acquaintance that is a cruise agent and I will feel like an idiot asking her to check. Will MSC be able to tell her which ones are available?

Thanks for the great info! I'm debating trying to change my cabin to get a steel balcony. I used an acquaintance that is a cruise agent and I will feel like an idiot asking her to check. Will MSC be able to tell her which ones are available?

The MSC agent probably won't have a list of metal balconies, so I've attached my list of which I BELIEVE are metal balconies, I do not guarantee the accuracy of the list but it is a good guide,

metal%20balconies.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete,

your giving me hope here!!! I know the presioza is more or less the same as the Divina and I don't see cabin 9211 on the list. Is it not a steel balcony?

9211 on Divina is an H cabin next to the hump wall in the rear recess. not good for fields of view or sunshine. Plexiglass balcony wall

iT will 4 decks down from the cabin in the circled but on the other side of the ship

13180.jpg

Pete

PS

Preziosa .9211 is exactly the same as above

Edited by Skier52

• 1 year later...

hi, one question that i cannot find an answer to is, is there any different in the metal balconies vs the plexi? do they have a metal partition too? can that partition be opened if we are cruising with family next door? thank you.

hi, one question that i cannot find an answer to is, is there any different in the metal balconies vs the plexi? do they have a metal partition too? can that partition be opened if we are cruising with family next door? thank you.

I've found an image

courtesy of cruisedeckplans

that shows the partition has an outer movable partition .

you can see where the key goes in to unlock it.

so I would say that the answer to your question is a tentative yes .

780841385394200.jpg

Pete

Hi Pete, off balcony topic, can you tell me about room 11082, it is interior but flipped. Thanks.

It's 169 sq ft but it is reported to be very noisy as it backs on to a lift shaft.

in addition it has 2 bunk beds that come off the wall.

This makes the room feel a lot smaller as it narrows the room at head height, I had a similar set up on OPERA . you can se for yourself on the image below which is typical of these inside cabins.it is very difficult to walk down the side of the bed without cracking your head on a bunk, unless you have a twin set up with the aisle down the centre

336181385394247.jpg

Here is a link to a thread which is on "flipped" cabins

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2079115&highlight=11082&page=2

Pete

It's 169 sq ft but it is reported to be very noisy as it backs on to a lift shaft.

in addition it has 2 bunk beds that come off the wall.

This makes the room feel a lot smaller as it narrows the room at head height, I had a similar set up on OPERA . you can se for yourself on the image below which is typical of these inside cabins.it is very difficult to walk down the side of the bed without cracking your head on a bunk, unless you have a twin set up with the aisle down the centre

336181385394247.jpg

Here is a link to a thread which is on "flipped" cabins

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2079115&highlight=11082&page=2

Pete

thanks, only concern is the noise as we only have one person in our group in this room....we might have to take turns in sleeping in the noise, lol.

• 5 years later...
On 5/31/2017 at 8:10 PM, Skier52 said:

I've found an image

courtesy of cruisedeckplans

that shows the partition has an outer movable partition .

you can see where the key goes in to unlock it.

so I would say that the answer to your question is a tentative yes .

780841385394200.jpg

Pete

Hello All, Need help. Me and my wife are planning (first time) to cruise MSC Divina this summer from Miami to Bahamas. balcony cabin 9012, 9016, 8267, 8263, 8263, 8258 and 8246 Balcony are available to book. Which one these balcony have full glass balcony so that we can view ocean water from our bed(lower heights). 

Ok. That helps. It looks like 8246 balcony has full glass or transparent for better or nicer views. I am booking through Priceline as it is cheaper than booking in MSC website. Is there anything I need to be worried about booking through Priceline.. thanks