MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Haaaaaa!!!! Just doing my civic duty sir!!! So the newest info I can pass along is that the inaugural sailing from Venice to Miami is available for booking,,November 30th 2017 through December 21st 2017,,,,now for a little bad news. I was informed that the deck 19 Yacht Club plan I had posted is just a concept and not a firm plan as of yet. :(

We're sailing a YC b2b onboard MSC Seaside beginning on April 21st 2018 :) :)

Mike i know you're on top of things, we are going B2B on Feb 24 and May 5. Thanks for your duty :cool:

Edited by riclop

Haaaaaa!!!! Just doing my civic duty sir!!! So the newest info I can pass along is that the inaugural sailing from Venice to Miami is available for booking,,November 30th 2017 through December 21st 2017,,,,now for a little bad news. I was informed that the deck 19 Yacht Club plan I had posted is just a concept and not a firm plan as of yet. :(

We're sailing a YC b2b onboard MSC Seaside beginning on April 21st 2018 :) :)

Thanks for the great info!

Thinking positive, perhaps the Yacht Club on Deck 19 will be even better than what we have seen so far!!

Mike i know you're on top of things, we are going B2B on Feb 24 and May 5. Thanks for your duty :cool:

MSC Seaside information is very difficult to come by. I've been told by my contacts in Italy that MSC bloggers aren't very interested in reporting on a ship which is not destined to be in their backyard so it's going to be like pulling teeth to get information,,,I may have to recruit a yard worker at Fincantieri to take some pics!!!!:)

Thanks for the great info!

Thinking positive, perhaps the Yacht Club on Deck 19 will be even better than what we have seen so far!!

I have to think it will be close to the rendering(concept) that was introduced at the coin ceremony eroller. Maybe a few minor tweeks here and there but hoping it won't deviate to far away from what was proposed. :)

Transatlantic not available as yet on the UK website, the mock up of the cabin does not look very inviting and the colour scheme is so bland, hopefully they will look better than in the photos.

MSC fans seem to be pre occupied with Meraviglia as can be seen by the number of pictures they have on their site, maybe it has something to do with the fact that MSC and their loyalty for building has been to San Nazaire ship yard seeing as all ships so far have been built there.

As an Italian yard was chosen for the Seaside you would think that they would be more interested, though one week on from the coin ceremony and there is still no mention of it on the MSC UK site!

Hoping my friend will be able to supply some pics once Vista is out of the way unless he gets chosen as part of the delivery crew, though he may then end up on Majestic Princess.

will see what I can do.

MSC are not the best at putting out info on their ships and they are even secretive about the location and work being done when their ships go into dry dock before a transatlantic or other long journeys, Meyer-Werft in Germany whose website contains current info on ships being built and webcam pics unlike Fincantieri, shame they did not get the contract.

Edited by sidari

Transatlantic not available as yet on the UK website, the mock up of the cabin does not look very inviting and the colour scheme is so bland, hopefully they will look better than in the photos.

MSC fans seem to be pre occupied with Meraviglia as can be seen by the number of pictures they have on their site, maybe it has something to do with the fact that MSC and their loyalty for building has been to San Nazaire ship yard seeing as all ships so far have been built there.

As an Italian yard was chosen for the Seaside you would think that they would be more interested, though one week on from the coin ceremony and there is still no mention of it on the MSC UK site!

Hoping my friend will be able to supply some pics once Vista is out of the way unless he gets chosen as part of the delivery crew, though he may then end up on Majestic Princess.

will see what I can do.

MSC are not the best at putting out info on their ships and they are even secretive about the location and work being done when their ships go into dry dock before a transatlantic or other long journeys, Meyer-Werft in Germany whose website contains current info on ships being built and webcam pics unlike Fincantieri, shame they did not get the contract.

Sid,,,You will have to call MSC directly to book the transatlantic sailing for MSC Seaside. I had called MSC USA yesterday to get some info regarding my girlfriend's Voyager Club membership and was told that they are able to start taking bookings for that Grand Voyage. I'm pretty sure if you call MSC UK they will be able to do the same,,,after all,,there is a roll call for that sailing started. I questioned the poor man at first,,but he was telling the truth!!! ;)

As someone who is looking forward to his first MSC cruises on Divina and Seaside in the Yacht Club (the first one still 18 months away), I must extend an appreciation to Sidari and Mikesa1721.

The two of you are both encyclopedic in your knowledge of MSC and have been very important in providing solid and helpful info.

It's much appreciated!

As NCL has priced The Haven into the stratosphere, I am very excited to try the Yacht Club and add some more ships to my "collection"!

As someone who is looking forward to his first MSC cruises on Divina and Seaside in the Yacht Club (the first one still 18 months away), I must extend an appreciation to Sidari and Mikesa1721.

The two of you are both encyclopedic in your knowledge of MSC and have been very important in providing solid and helpful info.

It's much appreciated!

As NCL has priced The Haven into the stratosphere, I am very excited to try the Yacht Club and add some more ships to my "collection"!

Thanks so much Dr!!! There are quite a few of us here on the MSC boards that are very knowledgable and very passionate about MSC. Sharing information is what these boards are all about,,,I'm just happy to be one of the messengers!! :D

The UK office have told me that they will let me know when it goes on sale here in the UK which knowing how they work will be long after the rest of Europe!

Anyway Vista handover today, here is the link.

http://www.fincantieri.it/home.aspx

THANK GOD!!!!!! Maybe now we can start focusing on MSC Seaside?? Helloooooo Fincantieri!!! Do you hear that??? That is the 600 days till christening clock ticking!!!:p

BTW,,,Sid,,,Are you able to book through MSC Cruises USA???

Edited by Mikesa1721

A three week T/A cruise?

SDLong,,,,yes,,,Grand Voyages are usually 21 days or more sometimes. Here is the itinerary for the transatlantic for MSC Seaside in November 2017. The embarkation port of Venice may change to Trieste though:

<a href=Screen%20Shot%202016-04-28%20at%203.42.1

It's much appreciated!

Yes totally agree they do provide great info and i mush also mention Pete " Skier52".

Yes totally agree they do provide great info and i mush also mention Pete " Skier52".

Oooops ... my bad!

He actually helped me with a Divina cabin selection two years earlier for a cruise I had to cancel!

So to Pete ... thanks!

As a ship fanatic (you think?!), I am always fascinated to see how the different yards build their ships. I have always LOVED Meyer Werft ships and their usual superb build quality. A Meyer ship feels different than a Chantiers (or STX ship) or Fincantieri build.

Rather distressing to read about all the plumbing issues on the Fincantieri built Koningsdam. Supposedly there are burst pipes all over the place ... not great for a three week old ship! Let's hope that the MSC people are pickier during the construction process than the Carnival crew!

Dr ... Glad to be of help ... :)

SD ... The first TA crossing for Divina was about that long.

Wow! Awesome!

Do you recall whether the T/A was port intensive? I've enjoyed several 14-15 night T/A's with several ports of call ... not sure many more ports could be added to a transit ... unless they add more European ports, or sailed doen the eastcoast USA.

:D

SD ... Below is the Itinerary we had for the first Divina TA to Miami, the original included Nassau but MSC changed it so they could take the ship into Miami a day early much to the annoyance of many passengers, many of whom were from the Miami and surrounding areas. There were around 1,000 people who left the ship on the day we arrived and the dining room in the evening was like a ghost town.

Venice

At Sea

Valletta Malta

At Sea

Malaga spain

At sea

Funchal Madeira

At Sea x 5

St Maarten

St Thomas

San Juan Porto Rico

At Sea

Miami

Miami

Edited by sidari

SD ... Below is the Itinerary we had for the first Divina TA to Miami, the original included Nassau but MSC changed it so they could take the ship into Miami a day early much to the annoyance of many passengers, many of whom were from the Miami and surrounding areas. There were around 1,000 people who left the ship on the day we arrived and the dining room in the evening was like a ghost town.

Venice

At Sea

Valletta Malta

At Sea

Malaga spain

At sea

Funchal Madeira

At Sea x 5

St Maarten

St Thomas

San Juan Porto Rico

At Sea

Miami

Miami

Thanks for the information! So, the locals were not happy to spend a day docked in Miami? I guess I can understand, but if it was me, I'd likely spend the care-free day on the ship, and enjoy one last day without having to cook or clean at home.

Last year, we sailed on a T/A cruise from Port Canaveral to Copenhagen, with our first port of call in NYC. We are from Philadelphia, so it was a bit odd for us to fly 1,000 miles to board a ship, only to head back to NYC ... about 60 minutes from our home. We visit NYC regularly, but there's almost always something to do in a big city while on vacation ... even if it's a stay-cation (on a ship)!

:D

SDLong,,,,yes,,,Grand Voyages are usually 21 days or more sometimes. Here is the itinerary for the transatlantic for MSC Seaside in November 2017. The embarkation port of Venice may change to Trieste though:

p><p>Mike, Sidari and anyone else posting all of the info on the construction of the Seaside I only have one thing to say to y

We are also confirmed MSC addicts and are in the 12 step program--keeping our phones no more than 12 steps away so we can book another cruise. :eek: :)

It was funny today when I called our PVC at MSC and told her we wanted to book this cruise and directly from her mouth she says "I am really sorry but the Seaside is only cruising from Miami." I than let her know that I saw on CC and MSCFans that they had opened up the bookings for the TA. She checked into and came back only to say OMG! you know more about this line than I do. (Thanks guys for posting the info.)

Keep the info coming, I am thoroughly enjoying seeing this ship take form.

Have a great weekend,

Gerry

Just booked this cruise today.

Mike, Sidari and anyone else posting all of the info on the construction of the Seaside I only have one thing to say to y'all-----THANK YOU!!!! from the bottom of my heart thank you! You guys Rock!

We are also confirmed MSC addicts and are in the 12 step program--keeping our phones no more than 12 steps away so we can book another cruise. :eek: :)

It was funny today when I called our PVC at MSC and told her we wanted to book this cruise and directly from her mouth she says "I am really sorry but the Seaside is only cruising from Miami." I than let her know that I saw on CC and MSCFans that they had opened up the bookings for the TA. She checked into and came back only to say OMG! you know more about this line than I do. (Thanks guys for posting the info.)

Keep the info coming, I am thoroughly enjoying seeing this ship take form.

Have a great weekend,

Gerry

Hi Gerry!!!! Congrats on the Trans-Atlantic!!!! We have a back to back booked in the Yacht Club in April 2018. I think by then all of the bugs should be straightened out with the ship and the new private island!!!! :D

Gerry ... Like Mike just glad to help out fellow MSC ERS. Would like to do the TA and waiting to hear what price they come back with for our Aft corner suite that we have booked for the Xmas 2017 cruise, moving it will be free. Better deals will be had in January 2017 for a package I reckon inc flights and transfers, if not we will stick with our original booking.

Latest photo of Seaside, heading towards the Bow.

seasside%20dock_zpswzjs0tiv.jpg

Wow there's a lot of work to be done in under 573 days!!! Brand new design comes with brand new problems,,,let's hope Fincantieri can stay on schedule though!! Hopefully, in 200 days,,MSC Seaside will be as far along in the build process as MSC Meraviglia. :D