MSC laundry Package

mairead224

Hi All,

I'm sailing with MSC in June from Rome and I'm wondering do they still offer the laundry package. As far as I can remember on my last sailing with them in 2012 it was 30 pieces for 30 euros? I maybe wrong but I remember going home with a suitcase full of clean and ironed clothes.

Thanks

Mairead

What is the cost on their Caribbean cruises on the Divina? In U.S. dollars, please. And how many items - just washed and folded or pressed also??

Thanks.

It's 20 items too. Washed and pressed. You choose whether you want them back folded or on hangers.

Think I recall someone saying the price was $25 but not certain as I don't sail out of the US anymore.

I was looking at the prepaid packages available for our Divina cruise next year and noticed the laundry packages each state "Note: This offer cannot be combined with promotions reserved for MSC Yacht Club and MSC Club Members." Does MSC regularly offer promotions to YC members? If so, what are they? The laundry packages seem very reasonable so I don’t know if we should prepay or wait to see what the offers are on the ship.

Have to say, MSC's photo prices seem very reasonable. $59 for 10 photos and digital copies is great, especially considering we paid $149 for 11 photos and then $19.99 for digital copies on our last cruise with NCL.

• 1 month later...

Yes anything you put in the bag they will wash. Not sure if sox was counted as a pair or singularly.

Anthony & Jenny, Melbourne Australia

Cruised MSC YC 7th June 2015, Mediterranean.

Booked MSC Meraviglia in YC 19/6/17

Yes anything you put in the bag they will wash. Not sure if sox was counted as a pair or singularly.

Anthony & Jenny, Melbourne Australia

Cruised MSC YC 7th June 2015, Mediterranean.

Booked MSC Meraviglia in YC 19/6/17

Thanks for your response!

Not sure if this is a silly question or not, but does in include socks and other undergarments? If so would a pair of socks count as one or two? :o

Socks were by the pair. Hindsight, I would have saved the "items" for something bigger and washed socks in the sink. You can get little travel laundry detergent liquid before you leave.

• 2 weeks later...
I was looking at the prepaid packages available for our Divina cruise next year and noticed the laundry packages each state "Note: This offer cannot be combined with promotions reserved for MSC Yacht Club and MSC Club Members." Does MSC regularly offer promotions to YC members? If so, what are they? The laundry packages seem very reasonable so I don’t know if we should prepay or wait to see what the offers are on the ship.

I hope some one can answer this. I remember thinking I should have waited because there was an offer in the YC that wasn't offered online. However, I can't for the life of me remember what it was.:o

• 1 month later...

I am bumping up an older thread to ask another laundry package question since i am looking at the 40 items for 45€ offer on our upcomming cruise:

Am I reading this correctly that we do not have to send all the items out at the same time? We could send maybe 10 on day 2, 10 on day 4 and 20 on day 6 if we wanted?

I am bumping up an older thread to ask another laundry package question since i am looking at the 40 items for 45€ offer on our upcomming cruise:

Am I reading this correctly that we do not have to send all the items out at the same time? We could send maybe 10 on day 2, 10 on day 4 and 20 on day 6 if we wanted?

The package was 40 items for €50 last week, and you can send items n any amoumt you like

ie 4 on day 2; 5 on day 3 ; on day 4 etc . until you've reached your allocated 40 items........any number , any day , but beware of the last 3 days of the cruise. you can't send anything on the last but one day.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We board the Divina next Saturday (can't wait!) would it be cheaper to book the laundry package before or can it be bought cheaper on board? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The package was 40 items for €50 last week, and you can send items n any amoumt you like

ie 4 on day 2; 5 on day 3 ; on day 4 etc . until you've reached your allocated 40 items........any number , any day , but beware of the last 3 days of the cruise. you can't send anything on the last but one day.

Pete

Thank you Pete--this is exactly what I wanted to know. I have a teen son, hen he dances or plays sports his clothes STINK--being able to send them out for cleaning as that happens ill be fabulous.

(the 45€ price for 40 items is what is being offered to prebook when I log in to my cruise :) )

For two, or even three weeks, I would probably take sufficient socks and undergarments to last the duration, as it is very rarely worth the cost of having those things laundered when traveling unless you are doing it yourself.

Edited by WoodyWindy

We board the Divina next Saturday (can't wait!) would it be cheaper to book the laundry package before or can it be bought cheaper on board? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I pre-booked my laundry package. It was offered for the same price onboard. I am not sure if they would have charged a service charge on top of that had I waited.

We are on the Magnifica in late May. Is the offer on every day ? I was looking at using it on the 5th day for return on the 7th and leave the ship on the 8th. Thanks.

Yes it is. Loved the laundry service we did a back to back and did the 40 piece the 1st day of the 2nd leg. I didn't send underwear I brought enough. I also bought a couple of packets of detergent just in case and always bring clothes pins.

They did a wonderful job with the laundry. We just left it out and they took it and we had it the next day.

I heard that they were going to have complimentary laundry service for cruises 10+ days . .... I'm doing a B2B for a total of 20 days so I'm hoping the laundry will be thrown in.

Yes it is. Loved the laundry service we did a back to back and did the 40 piece the 1st day of the 2nd leg. I didn't send underwear I brought enough. I also bought a couple of packets of detergent just in case and always bring clothes pins.

They did a wonderful job with the laundry. We just left it out and they took it and we had it the next day.

I heard that they were going to have complimentary laundry service for cruises 10+ days . .... I'm doing a B2B for a total of 20 days so I'm hoping the laundry will be thrown in.

Thanks for this!

Did they iron dress shirts as well? It looks like they do based on a post here and the photo, but it is not spelled out--I don't want to get my hopes up too high