MSC Website woes...

astropilot

Has anyone been able to login to their account on MSC's website? I've tried for the past 3 days, but always get a message saying that log in is temporarily down do to IT maintenance.

What a joke!! My 11 year old grandson could run a better website than they do:rolleyes: .

I like their, value, the Divina is a great ship, but their e-commerce is in sad shape. If they hope to compete successfully, in the U.S. market, they need to seriously step up their IT game...:mad:

Edited by astropilot

Has anyone been able to login to their account on MSC's website? I've tried for the past 3 days, but always get a message saying that log in is temporarily down do to IT maintenance.

What a joke!! My 11 year old grandson could run a better website than they do:rolleyes: .

I like their, value, the Divina is a great ship, but their e-commerce is in sad shape. If they hope to compete successfully, in the U.S. market, they need to seriously step up their IT game...:mad:

Check out the thread, Entire booking vanished. Explains why the site is down.

I really wish they would get it fixed. I cancelled specialty dining yesterday and did not receive a confirmation e-mail and obviously can't see if they took it off on-line. Can anyone share how long it took them to take it off your credit card?

The rep said 7-10 business days yesterday, was that your experience? Thanks.

Not sure how a cruise line could survive in this day and age with such a horrible website. The site has been out of commission for almost a whole week now, and I am surprised concerned people are not cancelling bookings left and right. I have had far superior web experiences on cruises I booked 10+ years ago. If it were not for the itinerary and price of the cruise I have booked I would never in a million years choose this line again based on the web experience and the very inconsistent phone customer service provided from the US. I am sure as a privately run company they will probably be taken over by one of the larger lines soon if their infrastructure is so lacking, and will probably be better off if that happens. Unbelievable!

Not sure how a cruise line could survive in this day and age with such a horrible website. The site has been out of commission for almost a whole week now, and I am surprised concerned people are not cancelling bookings left and right. I have had far superior web experiences on cruises I booked 10+ years ago. If it were not for the itinerary and price of the cruise I have booked I would never in a million years choose this line again based on the web experience and the very inconsistent phone customer service provided from the US. I am sure as a privately run company they will probably be taken over by one of the larger lines soon if their infrastructure is so lacking, and will probably be better off if that happens. Unbelievable!

Noooooo! I sincerely hope that they're never taken over by any other company. Having cruised with other lines we love MSC for being so different. Complete contrast to NCL which we absolutely hated!

I'm sure they will do something soon; it can't continue. I think the main reason must be because of the data breaches. The UK site is now working again... Perhaps another reason is with the majority of the European market not using the net to book (I work for a pan-European energy company in IT and we frequently hear how the med companies are years behind in terms of IT)

Login to website bookings is still down this morning in the USA. In the meantime my TA has received and forwarded me an email from MSC that I need to login and complete my on-line check-in or I won't receive my booking documents. ;)

Still have a few weeks prior to our cruise, but would like to pre-order some drink packages. :D

First Cruise ever in May on MSC celebrating our 20th Wedding anniversary.

Did we make a mistake choosing MSC?

3 weeks of

2 attempts at placing $2300,00 order online for beverage packages, Spa ,excursions failed timed out .

Called customer service and was treated beyond bad, insulted and called liars when telling the woman the web site did not work. Was so angry at the treatment we received we said we would call again to place the order.

Wrote letter to MSC Corporate with audio recording enclosed of exchange with customer service. No reply of any sort.

Attempted to log into website now for last week to just place order and be done every time some type of error site down due to "IT Maintainence" or entering capcha code over and over when signing in .

Tried calling again yesterday and today to place order but hold times are long today left on speaker phone for 45 mins and no rep answered.

We are seriously considering cancelling this cruise and re booking elsewhere.

Could someone please tell us that this is not the norm and this is not the treatment we can expect once on board!!

We have not even left for this cruise and we feel sick and disgusted about it.

First Cruise ever in May on MSC celebrating our 20th Wedding anniversary.

Did we make a mistake choosing MSC?

3 weeks of

2 attempts at placing $2300,00 order online for beverage packages, Spa ,excursions failed timed out .

Called customer service and was treated beyond bad, insulted and called liars when telling the woman the web site did not work. Was so angry at the treatment we received we said we would call again to place the order.

Wrote letter to MSC Corporate with audio recording enclosed of exchange with customer service. No reply of any sort.

Attempted to log into website now for last week to just place order and be done every time some type of error site down due to "IT Maintainence" or entering capcha code over and over when signing in .

Tried calling again yesterday and today to place order but hold times are long today left on speaker phone for 45 mins and no rep answered.

We are seriously considering cancelling this cruise and re booking elsewhere.

Could someone please tell us that this is not the norm and this is not the treatment we can expect once on board!!

We have not even left for this cruise and we feel sick and disgusted about it.

The shore side operation of MSC USA is and has been a bit of a mess ever since we started sailing with MSC 2 years ago,,,but rest assured,,the ship side operation is soooooo much better!!!! If you need anything,,,you can always go to MSC Cruises USA facebook page and leave them a message,,,it seems the best way to get results in a timely manner...

If you need anything,,,you can always go to MSC Cruises USA facebook page and leave them a message,,,it seems the best way to get results in a timely manner...
I did that this morning! They're great on keeping their irrelevant Facebook page going just fine. Their booking site must not be important to them.:confused::rolleyes:

I did that this morning! They're great on keeping their irrelevant Facebook page going just fine. Their booking site must not be important to them.:confused::rolleyes:

We use a travel agent just for this very reason,,,,

We use a travel agent just for this very reason,,,,

Unfortunately, there may not be many U.S. Agents willing to sell MSC unless they fix the shoreside experience :( it's concerning to say the least.

However; I do agree that the ship experience is infinitely better than the booking process. I was very hesitant to try MSC but for the right price, I'd sail them again in a heartbeat.

I've been trying the site for the past 5 days and cannot log on. I used a travel agent for booking but need to book excursions and add on a few things. The site is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Boy have you hit the nail on the head. We have sailed on 5 other cruise lines and NEVER had the problems we have had here. In addition to the website being down for days even if you call exactly at 9am you are on hold forever. If you leave a call back number; no one returns your call. When their website is up and running it is still difficult to maneuver. Good luck to you. We are sailing on the 30th and still having trouble solidifying our plans. :confused:

Has anyone been able to login to their account on MSC's website? I've tried for the past 3 days, but always get a message saying that log in is temporarily down do to IT maintenance.:

I called MSC yesterday and the agent I talked to is looking at it being down for another week... :confused::(:mad:

Having a website go totally down for over a week time and again with inadequate customer service phone staff to back them up and no communications out to customers would put most companies out of business in this day and age, the onboard experience must be pretty darn good for even the most loyal of customers to put up with this type of poor service. I can't say I have experienced anything this bad in my dealings with any other travel company, or any other company for that matter, in the age of e-commerce. I booked my cruise at a rock bottom price so am willing to put up with it, however if I were paying a premium I would not be a happy camper. If you have experienced the customer service with Celebrity, Princess, or Royal Caribbean, there would be no comparison!

Wow! On the UK site everything seems to work fine. I booked a couple of tours a couple of nights ago without any problem . I log in and out regularly to see if any changes. And all of our documentation for our departure on the Divina on the 30th got emailed to us today. Even our loyalty match was completed within an hour!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

FYI... The information below is now posted on the MSC US website. No indication as to when the site will be back up and running...

Dear Guest, For any US or Canadian guests who already have a booking and want to do Web Check-In or add pre-paid services to their booking, please note that we are currently implementing improvements and fixes which prevent access to these sections of the website. While the MSC Cruises’ US and Canadian web portal are undergoing these updates, eTickets for bookings departing in the next 21 days will be sent without mandatory Web Check-In. If you do not receive your eTicket prior to departure, please bring a copy of your booking confirmation and necessary travel documents to the port of embarkation.

As of this time we have no estimate for when this work will be completed and full website functionality restored, so please check back for updates periodically. In the meantime, if you have any questions about a current US or Canadian reservation, please contact MSC Cruises directly at 1-877-665-4655.