Booking a future Celebrity cruise onboard

Sunset329

We will be on the Equinox in May. What are the advantages, if any, of booking a future Celebrity cruise while we are on the Equinox?

An additional onboard credit the amount of which will depend on the category selected and the cruise booked. You will have 60 days from the date of the booking to transfer to the travel agent of your choice.

:)

In addition, you are not locked in to a specific cruise. Anytime before the final payment date you can transfer the reservation to a different cruise. And then you can continue to transfer it to new reservations as long as you do so before the respective final payment date of the latest reservation.

While on a December 2015 cruise, I booked a 2017 Med cruise (it was an arbitrary selection that had the latest available departure date at that time.) Was only a $200 per cabin deposit. By the way, the onboard booking deposit cannot be charged to your shipboard account - thus you cannot use OBC to pay for it - rather you have to charge it to a credit card.

Last month I changed the Med cruise to a September 2017 11-N Caribbean cruise which I actually intend to take. Since I had originally paid the onboard $200 deposit, I did not have to pay the regular $900 deposit for the new reservation. In addition to receiving the currently available perks for the new reservation, I received an onboard-booking $200 OBC per cabin for the new 11-N cruise.

• 1 month later...
In addition, you are not locked in to a specific cruise. Anytime before the final payment date you can transfer the reservation to a different cruise. And then you can continue to transfer it to new reservations as long as you do so before the respective final payment date of the latest reservation.

This sounds like the way to go to me! I'll be on Equinox in Dec for my first Celebrity cruise and now plan to put a deposit on something for sure.

We booked onboard and transferred the booking to our TA. We then changed the sailing to the one we wanted (it was not yet available when we were on board). Our TA said that they no longer show the OBC earned from Celebrity for booking onboard (they did in the past) on our reservation, but that we still get it. Has this happened to anyone else? My concern is that when we board, the OBC will not be credited to our account and since it does not show on the reservation we currently have from the TA, don't know how we would prove that we should get it. I did keep the paper from when we were onboard and the original reservation we booked just in case of a problem - but don't know if it will help as it's not on the reservation from the TA.

I booked a cruise on board Reflection in February for a cruise in November. I transferred it to a TA. My invoice from them clearly shows the OBC from X. I would insist that you get an invoice from your TA showing it. Otherwise bring the original invoice X gave you when you made the itinitial booking; the number will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We booked onboard and transferred the booking to our TA. We then changed the sailing to the one we wanted (it was not yet available when we were on board). Our TA said that they no longer show the OBC earned from Celebrity for booking onboard (they did in the past) on our reservation, but that we still get it. Has this happened to anyone else? My concern is that when we board, the OBC will not be credited to our account and since it does not show on the reservation we currently have from the TA, don't know how we would prove that we should get it. I did keep the paper from when we were onboard and the original reservation we booked just in case of a problem - but don't know if it will help as it's not on the reservation from the TA.

It should be on the Celebrity invoice which you can get from your TA. If it isn't there, you should have your TA call. If they won't you can try doing it yourself. Generally, Celebrity won't work with you if you have a TA, but in my experience they will if you are having issues.

Mike

Thanks for the helpful ideas. They had always shown in the past, don't understand why things have changed but they told me on the phone that they no longer show that OBC received for booking onboard will no longer show on the paperwork. This was before I asked. There are a lot of codes listed on the paperwork

While on a December 2015 cruise, I booked a 2017 Med cruise (it was an arbitrary selection that had the latest available departure date at that time.) Was only a $200 per cabin deposit. By the way, the onboard booking deposit cannot be charged to your shipboard account - thus you cannot use OBC to pay for it - rather you have to charge it to a credit card.

Last month I changed the Med cruise to a September 2017 11-N Caribbean cruise which I actually intend to take. Since I had originally paid the on-board $200 deposit, I did not have to pay the regular $900 deposit for the new reservation. In addition to receiving the currently available perks for the new reservation, I received an onboard-booking $200 OBC per cabin for the new 11-N cruise.

We are doing the ABC's Carib Cruise on the Summit Christmas 2017.

We are thinking of just booking 3 or 4 Aqua 1 Cruises way way way down the line, just for the benefits of what you just mentioned. We will pick the actually cruises later.

CaptDave

Great deal for us Brits

The current Future cruise deal is better than using an ATM.

We recently paid £267 deposit for a suite on a future cruise and received $450 obc to spend on our current cruise, that was a gain of $125 over the ATM rate ($1.22=£). I cancelled the future cruise when I returned home. Just be aware that the $450 obc is non refundable so you need an onboard bill of at least the same for the deal to be worthwhile.

The same applies to booking a Balcony cabin, the deposit was £148 with $250obc, a gain of $70.

Edited by mickey89

An additional onboard credit the amount of which will depend on the category selected and the cruise booked. You will have 60 days from the date of the booking to transfer to the travel agent of your choice.

:)

Bingo. I keep reading on other threads about the perks AND OBC that you get when booking on board.

Not our experience. OBC only.

Do yourself a favor and research the price before you book on board. Celebrity's computers in the Internet Lab or your own device, allow a free access to the Celebrity website so you can check prices.

I think if more people did this they would realize that the 'free perks' that the future cruise desk is offering is not free.

You are incorrect on that. I just double checked with Celebrity rep and had them also check with supervisor on that issue cause I have 500 OBC.....for an upcoming cruise and I generally do not take excursions. I was told booking future cruise while on the cruise the deposit goes on your sign and sail and my OBC can go towards final bill at end of my cruise because they will not deal with separate credit card or cash transactions while on cruise. You might want to call your representative again.

We booked a sky suite on Jan 15, 2017 for Aug 2018. We had a reduced deposit of $100 pp and $300 OBC. Suite came with all 4 perks.

To add...transfer it to your TA and get lots more OBC, more than Celebrity...wallah! My TA shares lots of refundable OBC, so I go home with money to spend on yet another cruise, or something else...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are incorrect on that. I just double checked with Celebrity rep and had them also check with supervisor on that issue cause I have 500 OBC.....for an upcoming cruise and I generally do not take excursions. I was told booking future cruise while on the cruise the deposit goes on your sign and sail and my OBC can go towards final bill at end of my cruise because they will not deal with separate credit card or cash transactions while on cruise. You might want to call your representative again.

We booked a future cruise last summer on board and we had to pay the reduced deposit by credit card as we were told you could not put it on your on board account. We did receive $125 OBC on that cruise to spend.

Same here. Celebrity has always either asked me for a credit card or asked if I want to charge it to the credit card I was using on board. I guess they have to do it that was in order for the deposit to be refundable. I really would call again. Or perhaps others can chime in if things have changed. FYI, I just booked a future cruise last month on Reflection and that was charged to my credit card.

Is it possible to have all of the OBC credited to the future cruise ? We have enough OBC for our cruise next month and would prefer to have all the OBC for booking onboard to be put to the future booking.

Yes, it is. I have never used any On Board booking OBC on a current cruise.

When I made the on board reservation back in December of 2015, they deposit could not be charged to the seapass card; a credit card was required. Other posters are saying the same thing for more recent reservations.

Good luck with what you have been told. It has never worked that way for me or others that have posted.

I understand why crash3x would believe that their information is correct as it came from a question he asked a Celebrity rep and had confirmed by a supervisor. But unfortunately he/she received incorrect information. Please trust those of us who have booked on board multiple times and as recently as last month that a future cruise booked on board cannot be paid for with OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Booked onboard 3 weeks ago and the deposit was charged to my credit card...not to our seapass card. Our future cruise consultant asked if we wanted to use the same credit card that we were using for our seapass account or if we wanted to use a different card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app