Solar Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Exotic Southern Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

748a9ad8eb7d223600b475666fde44b5.jpg

Just love my Delft candle holder and child musicians from Aruba.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very nice indeed !

Pat said that she saw those in the shop as she's more the collector than I . She also inquired of the value of a piece that her mom bought in 1950 ( the year that I was born ! ) . It's a creamer cow . You put the cream inside of the cow and it pours out of it's nose ! :D

DSC00166_zpsgtnt1dct.jpg

I can understand not wanting to become a target while travelling.:p

I wanted her to wear it on the ship since we were the target of many sales pitches ! I felt like we were on a time share cruise !!! ;p

f2d19222-fabe-40c3-84e2-e40fea6567c5_zpsugbwyico.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Very nice indeed !

Pat said that she saw those in the shop as she's more the collector than I . She also inquired of the value of a piece that her mom bought in 1950 ( the year that I was born ! ) . It's a creamer cow . You put the cream inside of the cow and it pours out of it's nose ! :D

I am pretty sure the cream doesn't leave the cow from there.:eek:

I am really enjoying these amazing pictures. The synagogue is fascinating. I learned 3 things I never knew; the settlement of Jewish people in the area; where the Spock hand sign came from; and most interesting of all Ernst Leitz and the Leica Freedom train. I had to look it up and read about it; I never knew about him. I honestly do not remember seeing anything at the Holocaust Museum in D.C. about him.

I loved the children's parade; never seen anything like this! Glad you happened upon it.

Thank you for posting and all of the beautiful pics; what a diversion to my work day!

Loved the UTube video of the sunset......:)

It's very relaxing to have a glass of wine on the balcony and watch . And while we find our sunrises here in Florida's East coast very energizing , a sunset is the antithesis - very chillaxing ! :cool:

IMG_0164-001_zpsf762e4e9.jpg

0a19371e-8f69-4e43-9676-613977e6cc3a_zpsndcexgrc.jpg

IMG_0181-002_zps5ce12f01.jpg

IMG_0195-002_zps80c499ce.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I am really enjoying these amazing pictures. The synagogue is fascinating. I learned 3 things I never knew; the settlement of Jewish people in the area; where the Spock hand sign came from; and most interesting of all Ernst Leitz and the Leica Freedom train. I had to look it up and read about it; I never knew about him. I honestly do not remember seeing anything at the Holocaust Museum in D.C. about him.

I loved the children's parade; never seen anything like this! Glad you happened upon it.

Thank you for posting and all of the beautiful pics; what a diversion to my work day!

After escaping pre WW II Germany , many people were employed in New York and given a model ll camera like this one . Seeing the camera drew me to the story of the Freedom Train . For a neat video see Al Stewart's Night Train to Munich video :

From :By © Kameraprojekt Graz 2015 / Wikimedia Commons /, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=42276389

LEI0150_198_Leica_II_schwarz_-_Sn._67777_1931-M39_front_view_Umbau_von_Ic-0_zpswahcm96q.jpg

We missed most of the Carnival parades on the cruise and so we were happy to see this one but the one Aruba almost made us late to the ship ! :eek:

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I am so excited to see that you are writing another cruise review. I always enjoy traveling along with you. I look forward to reading more about your latest adventure.

Well welcome aboard , we're glad that you could make it as we return to the city in the evening .

The city at night

From the fort

IMG_9641_zpslcusel6s.jpg

The bridge at night

5f24c88e-2cfc-4ca5-9f2e-a2e7688bf77f_zpsf8bwcyg6.jpg

The East bank

IMG_9656%20Stitch-001_zpsospcmqc9.jpg

The west bank

IMG_9693_zpsbqtubb3i.jpg

There are 'dancing lights ' on the bridge at night as can be seen on this video :

The Eclipse at rest

IMG_9685_zpsigzzkoha.jpg

A last look . It was hard to get good night photos without a tripod , but I'm pretty happy with these .

IMG_9669_zpsnxihv9h5.jpg

The parade with all of the school children looked really cute! I'll bet those kids were having a lot of fun. :D

Turn me loose in that Delft shop! Unfortunately, Barry will be bored to death there and will soon be acting like a bull in a china shop! :eek: I don't think he will break anything, but you never know. I will make sure I don't keep him there too long. :rolleyes:

I love the Delft cow! We had a cow pitcher like that, but it was definitely not Delft. I do remember having a couple of pieces of Delft, a small plate and a trivet, I think. I'm sure I still have them somewhere. :confused:

I love all the sunset video and pictures!

Joe, I haven't downloaded the baseball pictures yet. We have had a good crazy, busy week and I just haven't gotten to them yet. There was a lot of glare in the ball park, so I didn't do as much picture taking as I would have liked. While I'm pretty sure I had the camera on the right settings, I know already that I didn't frame a lot of the shots very well, and some are very affected by all the glare. I will keep working on it.

Joe,

Is the last picture the banana bus?

I remember their tours being very noisy!🙈

Is Freewinds a permanent fixture in Aruba? She was there when we were there in March 2013 and I see her often on the Aruba cams.

Joe,

Is the last picture the banana bus?

I remember their tours being very noisy!

Is Freewinds a permanent fixture in Aruba? She was there when we were there in March 2013 and I see her often on the Aruba cams.

I'm not sure what the bus was but we saw it at the port several times .

The ship is based in Aruba and travels as " The perfect religious retreat dedicated to enabling one to devote his full attention to spiritual growth " , according to the Church of Scientology .

But a much different story was told by a lady name Valeska Paris who claims that she was held on the ship against her will for 12 years in this story from the Independent .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cruise-from-hell-i-was-trapped-on-scientology-ship-while-tom-partied-6271542.html

Talk about Pirates of the Caribbean !