Equinox favorite specialty dining?

TwiceIsNice

Was on Equinox two weeks ago and went to every specialty restaurant onboard. We loved them all, but Tuscan grille stood out the most. The lobster pasta dish they had was phenomenal as well as the prime New York Strip ($15 additional charge).

Murano was upscale and the food was delicious, but I still think Tuscan Grille was better. Silk Harvest was amazing, definitely go with an appetite we ordered every app and four large plates.

Also went to Sushi on Five and Gastrobar, but they are not on par with the other three.

Totally agree that the Tuscan Grill is wonderful! Could easily have gone there again, but ran out of time...:O. The filet, with no extra charge, was fantastic. Murano is nice and we were glad we tried it, but I can't say that I will go again in the future. If you an Asian food fan, Silk Harvest cannot be missed...food and service was great, and I tried my first Saki.

Pat

We have been on Equinox before but never tried Silk Harvest, mainly because my husband won't eat spicy food. Are there other options that he might like as I would really like to try this on our upcoming April cruise ?

According to their website, their sample menu, it looks like there are non-spicy foods:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-silk-harvest

Click on Large Plates.

Edited by Living4acruise2day
edit

TwicelsNice must agree with others all three are worth visiting.

Murano's always feels a 'special' meal. Perhaps it is the tableside preparation that adds to the event...nothing quite so nice as watching your food being prepared! We tend to 'linger' in Murano's and often book it on a sea day rather than a port day so we have the energy to enjoy. Definitely the one we would choose for a special occasion.

Tuscan is always our first night destination and is even nicer if you are just leaving port. To sit sipping a glass of wine, looking at your menu as you watch a port fade into the distance has provided us with many happy memories.

We find Silk Harvest far more relaxed...We tend to order lots of small plates rather than large ones...nice to try everything. Not everything on the menu is spicy so Living4acruise2day just speak with the waiter and he will ensure your husband is looked after!

TwicelsNice must agree with others all three are worth visiting.

Murano's always feels a 'special' meal. Perhaps it is the tableside preparation that adds to the event...nothing quite so nice as watching your food being prepared! We tend to 'linger' in Murano's and often book it on a sea day rather than a port day so we have the energy to enjoy. Definitely the one we would choose for a special occasion.

Tuscan is always our first night destination and is even nicer if you are just leaving port. To sit sipping a glass of wine, looking at your menu as you watch a port fade into the distance has provided us with many happy memories.

We find Silk Harvest far more relaxed...We tend to order lots of small plates rather than large ones...nice to try everything. Not everything on the menu is spicy so Living4acruise2day just speak with the waiter and he will ensure your husband is looked after!

Chemmo, you gave us a great idea, might have to do it (Tuscan is always our first night destination and is even nicer if you are just leaving port. To sit sipping a glass of wine, looking at your menu as you watch a port fade into the distance has provided us with many happy memories).......!!

Never ever considered specialty dining on first night.. but the way you described it sounds romantic and memorable... thank you!

The past few cruises we have done specialty restaurants the first night and loved it. We LOVE Silk Harvest on Equinox and went there twice on our January/February cruise. We like Tuscan and Murano was better for their lunch. Now that was wonderful.

We wish Silk was on all the ships. We can definitely do without Qsine. Did that twice, not impressed so never again. Silk and Tuscan are our "go-to" specialty restaurants.

Pat C

Chemmo, you gave us a great idea, might have to do it (Tuscan is always our first night destination and is even nicer if you are just leaving port. To sit sipping a glass of wine, looking at your menu as you watch a port fade into the distance has provided us with many happy memories).......!!

Never ever considered specialty dining on first night.. but the way you described it sounds romantic and memorable... thank you!

It has been very memorable and romantic! So nice to be able to pass on an idea....sometimes that moving from a port just doesn't work (example if you set sail at 4pm...) but we have been blessed on several S class cruises where we have been able to match leaving port with our Tuscan first night meal. We don't stop at first night, however, if there are further evenings where the ship sets sail at 5.30+ you can bet where we will be dining....We always 'plot our itinerary', book in a couple of nights for Tuscan where we will be just leaving a port, then book in Murano's on sea days and then fit in the rest..hope you enjoy!

Edited by chemmo

I'll apologize up front if this has been answered before, but how does Sushi on Five work on the Equinox? I see it is listed as one of the speciality restaurants and we're considering getting the 3 specialty restaurant package. Would that include Sushi on Five? We're new to Celebrity and don't cruise intil Dec. and I'm already ready in planning mode and getting excited!

We're not interested in Silk Harvest, but definitely want to do Murano and Tuscan. Big bummer to find out Lawn Club Grille isn't on Equinox. It along with Murano and Tuscan sounds like would have been a perfect combo. Wondering if it makes sense to just pay for Murano and Tuscan individually versus the 3-pack?

Sushi on 5 was included in the package when we sailed in December. Just a note, I was hesitant about Silk Harvest but we really enjoyed it, as did many others we sailed with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I love Silk Harvest and there are plenty of dishes that aren't spicy at all.

Don't forget to try the chili rock shrimp appetizer ... maybe a teenie bit of spice but not even enough to sting your tongue. They also have great soups and noodle dishes. Osvin runs Silk Harvest and does a phenomenal job!

Murano might even be a teenie bit better than Silk Harvest ... ah, maybe they are tied. It is a different atmosphere ... definitely more of a white glove experience. We had dinner there one night and they told us about a lunch they were having a bit later in the week at a reduced price. I had the lobster murano for dinner and broiled lobster for lunch. Both were beyond excellent.

I usually don't rave about Tuscan Grille, as I am not a meat eater and stay away from a lot of pasta ... and do love seafood. I had a special request for the waiter. I wanted the lobster alfredo dish and he arranged to have the pasta replaced with broccoli. It was amazing. The gnocchi is just not good, though. Everything else was excellent, including the service.

Actually, the service was amazing in each and every one of these restaurants. Our friends that traveled with us ate at Sushi on Five and said it was also very good. Since Sushi on Five is ala carte, I wouldn't use one of my dinners from the package for this ... too many other excellent options to explore.

oneputt18 thanks for the info. I'm still really unsure about Silk Harvest. Maybe I'll change my mind once onboard. I've seen it compared to PF Changs on land which is somewhere We typically don't eat give all the wonderful inexpensive Asian food options in Atlanta.

Since Sushi on Five is ala carte, I wouldn't use one of my dinners from the package for this ... too many other excellent options to explore.

The ala carts detail is what confuses me in terms of it being included in the package. Is the case that it's ala carte (pay per piece) if you don't have a dining package?

Thanks, still trying to understand how it works.

We were disappointed in Tuscan on the Summit. However Silk Harvest on Equinox was fantastic. I ordered small plates of the entrees so that I could sample more dishes. They were still large portions. The service was excellent. The food exceptional. I was disappointed on the Eclipse because they hadn't converted Qsine to Silk Harvest yet. So we skipped specialty restaurants on our last cruise.

Was on Equinox two weeks ago and went to every specialty restaurant onboard. We loved them all, but Tuscan grille stood out the most. The lobster pasta dish they had was phenomenal as well as the prime New York Strip ($15 additional charge).

Murano was upscale and the food was delicious, but I still think Tuscan Grille was better. Silk Harvest was amazing, definitely go with an appetite we ordered every app and four large plates.

Also went to Sushi on Five and Gastrobar, but they are not on par with the other three.

Sorry, but I can't follow here: you pay for Tuscan xxUS plus 15 for a NYS?????

Sorry, but I can't follow here: you pay for Tuscan xxUS plus 15 for a NYS?????

Not quite.You PAY for dinner in your cruise, then you pay an additional $45 to eat in Tuscan Grille and then PAY an additional $15 if you want the PRIME cut of NY Strip. Otherwise you can order their lesser grade of steak for just the entrance fee.