Drinks for elites

Toronto Guy

Hello - I have never gone to the free drink from 5 to 7pm thing as I've always had the beverage package included. Can you please tell me more - i.e. What is included, drink maximum and whether or not I can take my cabin mate who is not Elite? Thx.

Here are the Elite Benefits;

Roommates may accompany you to the cocktail hour and the breakfast

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package

• 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call

• Priority wait list in Main Dining Room

• Elegant tea invitation*

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

• Receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership (earn free rentals) with weekly rental discounts, free upgrades, and other special offers.

Hello - I have never gone to the free drink from 5 to 7pm thing as I've always had the beverage package included. Can you please tell me more - i.e. What is included, drink maximum and whether or not I can take my cabin mate who is not Elite? Thx.

Below are copies of the elite drink menu that someone posted a while ago.

There may be some changes, but this should give you a pretty good idea of what is available.

I am not aware of any drink maximum (other than when they use coupons, they give you 3 drink coupons per person per day).

Yes, you may take your cabin mate who is not Elite to the elite events.

If you go see the Captain's Club host/ess, you can even get your cabin mate a special card for admittance to elite events.

IMG_6158.JPG

IMG_6159.JPG

Edited by fleckle

They bring you some nice appetizers about every 15 or 20 minutes too.

We try to resist them as dinner is coming up, but some are really good.

We have had to use vouchers in the Sky Lounge too - so only 3. We can't possibly drink 3 beverages in that amount of time but I guess if you drink fast you can.

We go up there even though we have the package because we like sunset up there and meeting people and the little apps. We order whatever we want off menu since we have the package and they do that too.

Edited by ClaudiaB

We just love the happy hour up in the Sky Lounge ... we get to know others and often times just stay for dinner. Those appetizers are so good.

Within reason, they do have some other drinks they will serve you. I tried a Side Car at one of the events and loved it so my waiter had one waiting for me at the table we sat at nightly. We were sure to tell him when we weren't coming so as not to waste any drinks.

Is the Evening Cocktail Hour similar to the Diamond Lounge evening cocktails on Royal Caribbean? Is it in a specific area/lounge each evening and where? We're thinking of sailing on the Equinox in December but love using the Diamond Lounge on RC ships even during the day. Am wondering if the experiences are comparable. Thanks !

Is the Evening Cocktail Hour similar to the Diamond Lounge evening cocktails on Royal Caribbean? Is it in a specific area/lounge each evening and where? We're thinking of sailing on the Equinox in December but love using the Diamond Lounge on RC ships even during the day. Am wondering if the experiences are comparable. Thanks !

The hours are usually from 5 to 7 nightly with the exception of the first night and when there are special Captain Club events. It is typically held in the Sky Lounge at the front of the ship. You will need to show your SeaPass card to gain admittance. No drinks are supposed to leave that area.

They bring you some nice appetizers about every 15 or 20 minutes too.

We go up there even though we have the package because we like sunset up there and meeting people and the little apps. We order whatever we want off menu since we have the package and they do that too.

Same here - we love the Sky Lounge. When we were on Silhouette in Dec we went every night even though we had the (free) package b/c it was so nice up there. First night the staff up there were SOOO glad to see us b/c no one else had come up since no free drinks that night. But we loved it up there. And we could get whatever we wanted b/c we had the pkg. We were not limited to the "elite" bev menu

Silhouette, by far one of our all time favorite ships!!!

Unless we're traveling with non-elite family members, we'll go to the elite cocktail hour most evenings, even if we have a drink package. It's nice to have a chance to chat with other people who are frequent cruisers. We often go to the elite breakfast for the same reason. When we're sailing AQ, we usually have breakfast in Blu then go have a cappuccino with other elites.

Even if you get the drink coupons, there is often still an area in the Sky Lounge (or the comparable lounge on M-Class ships) where elites can gather and appetizers are served.

I truly miss the cocktail hour being in Michael's Club. I enjoyed how intimate it was. Now that it is held int he larger lounges, I find that people don't sit and meet others which was exactly what I enjoyed about it.

I truly miss the cocktail hour being in Michael's Club. I enjoyed how intimate it was. Now that it is held int he larger lounges, I find that people don't sit and meet others which was exactly what I enjoyed about it.

They still have the cocktail hour(s) in Michael's for suite and zenith passengers. There is no way all the elite, elite plus and zenith would fit in there now. There are just too many of them.

They still have the cocktail hour(s) in Michael's for suite and zenith passengers. There is no way all the elite, elite plus and zenith would fit in there now. There are just too many of them.

We book Aqua cabins or Sky suites. We do enjoy Michael's Club. But we do still go to some of the Elite Events.

I have been elite for four cruises and the elite happy hour was never in Michael's Club. The place is too small considering the number of elites normally on a cruise.

We love the elite HH because we get free drinks and get to meet new cruise friends.

Our bar tab for a 14 day cruise usually runs about $250 for both of us, since we have the HH. No way do we pay for the drinks packages.

The last time I remember it being in Michael's Club was on Millennium Alaska cruise -- the famous one that never left Ketchikan. Shortly after that it was closed to all but the Upper Level Suites, VIP's, and Zeniths. And now it is open to all Suites, VIP's, and Zeniths.

Hi, I doubt it has anything to do with how many folks are in those

categories, but rather, they want the Suite/Zenith passengers to have

their own private room (just my opinion about it).

Edited by Lois R

Celebrity moved the Elite cocktail party from the Michael's Club to the Sky Lounge due to the number of people in those categories at least several years before it was converted to a VIP lounge. Lois R, perhaps this was during a period when you were not cruising on Celebrity? I agree it was a nice venue for the party before so many people obtained that level.

I have always enjoyed the Michael's Club and rarely was it ever busy during other times.

Celebrity moved the Elite cocktail party from the Michael's Club to the Sky Lounge due to the number of people in those categories at least several years before it was converted to a VIP lounge. Lois R, perhaps this was during a period when you were not cruising on Celebrity? I agree it was a nice venue for the party before so many people obtained that level.

I have always enjoyed the Michael's Club and rarely was it ever busy during other times.

I have been sailing with Celebrity since 2003.....13 years. I attended

many Cocktail Hours in Michael's Club and then when closed it off to

only Zenith/Suite Passengers I attended in The Sky Lounge too. I

remember when Michael's Club was changed. It was a major topic

on here and on the ships too.

I have been sailing with Celebrity since 2003.....13 years. I attended

many Cocktail Hours in Michael's Club and then when closed it off to

only Zenith/Suite Passengers I attended in The Sky Lounge too. I

remember when Michael's Club was changed. It was a major topic

on here and on the ships too.

I think the change over from Michaels to Sky lounge was in 2010. I know once that year we were in Michaels a few months later we were in Sky lounge. About the time RCL cruisers were able to cross over to Elite on X.

LoisR,

We just have a "different" memory. Perhaps it is a function of the length of cruises that we cruised. We tend to do longer cruises. We had many cocktails in the Michael's Club (not in a suite) when the Elite Happy hour was in the Sky Lounge.

On our cruises the last time the Michael's Club was used for the Elite function was in 2009/2010. I remember many cruises where Celebrity gave out vouchers because there where many Elite cruisers and the Michael's Club would not allow the vouchers. I had the Drink Package and would go to the MC to enjoy my cocktails without a crowd. I recall a 2013 Fall TA were Celebrity allowed the vouchers in the MC which was surprising.